Scotty

Unbeaten Run or not the games are dreadful bar when Subs eventually done granted  earlier today but its the wrong 11 starting every week. Every week Calder comes on and makes a huge difference to the pace of the game but doesn't get a start ?? MOM today Coll he was solid 

• Agree 6

Why did Robertson play the same eleven and same tactics as last week?  when by his own admission it was our worst performance? , And why can't we show the same urgency from the start of the game that we showed in the last ten minutes, we might have created more chances? There was an old movie called 'White men can't jump', and that certainly applies to our Mr White, I have never seen a player who mistimes so many jumps. Calder should be banging on Robbo's door on monday asking why he can't get a start in that team, he mskes a difference every time he comes on.

• Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Why did Robertson play the same eleven and same tactics as last week?  when by his own admission it was our worst performance? , And why can't we show the same urgency from the start of the game that we showed in the last ten minutes, we might have created more chances? There was an old movie called 'White men can't jump', and that certainly applies to our Mr White, I have never seen a player who mistimes so many jumps. Calder should be banging on Robbo's door on monday asking why he can't get a start in that team, he mskes a difference every time he comes on.

Absolutely agree with you I dont get why Calder is not starting and White is not mobile he waits for the ball to hopefully land at him and dont get me started on the side passing of the ball no one is prepared to run down the middle with it so that must be the coaching and what they are instructed to do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Who would you drop for the

18 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Absolutely agree with you I dont get why Calder is not starting and White is not mobile he waits for the ball to hopefully land at him and dont get me started on the side passing of the ball no one is prepared to run down the middle with it so that must be the coaching and what they are instructed to do zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ?

Other than his goal White offered very little. Unbelievably static must have been a defenders dream today they hardly had to move.

Absolutely shocking that Calder doesn't get a run of games and no coincidence either that Tremarcos game picked up when he came on either.

• Agree 1

White's goal was a sublime piece of opportunism out of the blue, Barca style. Scully made 3 tremendous saves. Ridgers made three, erm three......erm he had nothing to do. We were a little too little too late.

Disappointing result but an upgrade on last week surely.

Note for Johndo...... there's no h in surely, surely. There is in Chorley shurely Shirley but not in surely surely Shirley........

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, RednBlackComeback said:

I thought the performance last week was bad......I have no words for today! ??

Come on it was slightly better we scored a goal and their keeper made two good saves near the end.

Another sad day at the office,   The big donkey up front proved me wrong by scoring a goal but other than that he was useless. 

Shurley we need to change the starting 11, to start with the same 11 was criminal from Robbo.

Now I'm not a Polworth slagger but today he was uninterested, too many misplaced passes, he needs a spell in the stand because he's in the comfort zone knowing he'll start every game no matter.  

For an outstanding striker who relied on short passes to the feet in the box to score, it's depressing to see his tactics where he's got players just lumping the ball aimlessly forward to the big dufus hoping he can head the ball on to nobody. 

Not a happy supporter tonight....????????

• Agree 3

I agree with IBM, this was certainly an upgrade on the drivel served up against Queens, but the bottom line is another two points wasted, that's about eight this season that has gone bye us. Time to have a go from the start as we woke up too late today after Morton scored. Thereafter we were superior but for Scully who made three acrobatic saves. 

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Note for Johndo...... there's no h in surely, surely. There is in Chorley shurely Shirley but not in surely surely Shirley........

Shurely Shirley did you miss Chorley winning away in the FA Cup on the telly this morning. Shurely not ?

I thought that was a much better team performance than against QOS.  We started in much the same vein as we did last week and then some woeful defending led to their goal.  But that seemed to galvanise us into a more positive approach and I felt we were playing pretty well across the team.  I can't agree with Caley100's comments on Polworth.  I thought he had a much better game than last week and was looking to be involved all the time.  It wasn't his best performance by any means but he made a very solid contribution to the team effort.  

I'm not sure why Chalmers was subbed at half time as I felt he was having one of his better games.  After the break I felt we missed his solidity in defensive midfield and that allowed Morton to have a significant spell of pressure when we just couldn't seem to get into the game.  Doran didn't have a bad game but his replacement by Calder seemed to energise the side  and we were much more threatening for the last third of the game.  Had we not been up against a goal keeper in fine form we would have won that.  He made 2 top class saves and generally commanded the box cleanly taking out 2 or 3 crosses lesser keepers might have stayed on their lines for.

It is interesting that in his post match comments Robbo said "The unbeaten thing is annoying me now .... I just wonder at times do we get into a position where, instead of going on to win the match, we are happy not to lose it".  There is maybe some truth in that but I also wonder whether he is picking a starting 11 aimed  more at not losing rather than winning.  We need a more dynamic approach from the first whistle if we are to make a push for promotion.  

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I thought that was a much better team performance than against QOS.  We started in much the same vein as we did last week and then some woeful defending led to their goal.  But that seemed to galvanise us into a more positive approach and I felt we were playing pretty well across the team.  I can't agree with Caley100's comments on Polworth.  I thought he had a much better game than last week and was looking to be involved all the time.  It wasn't his best performance by any means but he made a very solid contribution to the team effort.  

I'm not sure why Chalmers was subbed at half time as I felt he was having one of his better games.  

Hmmmm   Liam is supposed to be one of our top performers, an established Premier league player, but he is not showing it, not at all, We are supposed to be looking to him for goals, assists etc, and he's just not doing the business.

Chalmers....  well where do i start?   the first half he was guilty of quite a few poor passes ( as was Mackay )  he's like a poor mans Nick Ross, not dangerous to the opposition, sideways passer, slow, and we need better,.

However as i was saying to Tm4tj at half time, maybe this is us, maybe this is where we are, cant afford better players, hoping to unearth some jems,  As an CT and ICT supporter since the start i'm a wee bit disheartened . 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, caley100 said:

maybe this is us, maybe this is where we are, cant afford better players, hoping to unearth some jems,  

Been thinking along these lines for a while now.

Championship team with the occasional foray into the Premiership, maybe dropping down to Division 1 for the odd season.

With our limited finances and fanbase, I think that is quite realistic.

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

To be fair there was a lot missed by the ref.

I have some sympathy with referees when there is so much pushing and holding in the box.. They can't see everything and they do need to be sure before they award penalties.  I'd like to see the Assistant Referees take a bit more responsibility for picking up on these incidents.  On the positive side I thought Thompson was pretty good in letting the game flow and he wasn't blowing every time a Morton player went to ground after being tackled.  He was a lot better than most of the referees we've had this season - mind you, saying that isn't exactly high praise.

3 hours ago, IBM said:

Come on it was slightly better we scored a goal and their keeper made two good saves near the end.

I thought we gave the ball away, sometimes passing it straight out the park, more than last week. Their keeper had nothing to do until the last 10 minutes, much the same as last week. It wasn't until calder came on that we started to look more of a threat, much the same as last week. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Perhaps we should concentrate on our continuing inability to score and win matches rather than the misfortune of a player who served us extremely well for a number of seasons before being helped out the door as a cost cutting measure.

Agreed. Never forget that it was his header that led to Watkins run and saved shot that Vincent banged in the back of the net on 30th May 2015. 

2 hours ago, Caman said:

Agreed. Never forget that it was his header that led to Watkins run and saved shot that Vincent banged in the back of the net on 30th May 2015. 

Yeah,  We should have paid the players top wages and to hell with balancing the books,  aye that would be the correct way ahead...

• Facepalm 2

The people around me thought the Morton goal was offside - I took the view that the ball into the box was lateral and could not be offside, A player must be in front of the ball when it is payed irrespective of the position of the defenders

Rooney having a go at the ref was  not the best thing to do.. Morton as  they were  last season are a strong well balanced outfit, with a traditional 442 set up.  . For long periods of the match Morton  looked in control.

23 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

A long unbeaten run should not feel like this ?

But it is a long unbeaten run - we are not getting beaten are we ? - we are not letting in many goals are we ? - 5 goals in 8 games - where are we in the league (third)? - +5 goal difference - 7 points out of 9 away from home - look better away from home and 4 of the next 6 are away - 10 points clear of the relegation zone - have we not usually been better away from home ? must be a better picture than most (including me) would have envisaged before the start of the season ? - so we need to start taking our chances - Arabs and Alloa away next - 4 points from that at least and it could be a very different story ?

• tm4tj unpinned this topic