Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Erm, what? It's been a feature of our play this season that we have not capitalised on the chances we have created. We've been incredibly wasteful in front of goal this season.

Mind you that was two very good saves from their goalie to deny us the win!

Absolutely terrible play that led to their goal!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, Gregor said:

Was talking about Saturdays game if we hadn’t been lax in defence the game would have been won and three points in the bag .

 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:37 PM, Eagle4Caley said:

Mind you that was two very good saves from their goalie to deny us the win!

Absolutely terrible play that led to their goal!

We created other half decent chances where our poor finishing let us down. We've wasted a lot of good chances to turn draws into wins and Saturday was another example of this. As mentioned in the thread sadly we don't have an out and out goalscorer so we will likely see a lot of chances go to waste but it is still frustrating nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RiG said:

 

We created other half decent chances where our poor finishing let us down. We've wasted a lot of good chances to turn draws into wins and Saturday was another example of this. As mentioned in the thread sadly we don't have an out and out goalscorer so we will likely see a lot of chances go to waste but it is still frustrating nonetheless.

4 chances if I recollect

1each from Doran , McKay and Austin all good stops including a top save  from keeper

1 chance from White who scored

So in this game it certainly wasn’t the missed chances that cost us the game ,it was slack defending.

Other games yes we have squandered chances but on Saturday we could have had 3 points instead of 1 if we didn’t lose a silly goal.

 

 

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one defensive mistake versus multiple spurned chances at the opposite end? Thanks for confirming that it was our attack that cost us on Saturday.

  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RiG said:

So one defensive mistake versus multiple spurned chances at the opposite end? Thanks for confirming that it was our attack that cost us on Saturday.

Spurned chances lol

were you at the game,, they were all decent saves and and a worldie save from young Daniels shot, behave yourself!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

Spurned chances lol

were you at the game,, they were all decent saves and and a worldie save from young Daniels shot, behave yourself!!

Eh..  think he's fairly accurate, our complete inability to score is costing us points big time.   The whole idea of football is to win by scoring more than the opposition if you didn't know.....

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unbelievable is the only word I can find for some comments on this thread. 

In other games yes we have missed some easy chances but last week ,the defensive blunder cost us the game,if people dont want to accept this its up to them to bury their head in the sand.

Have a good weekend folks.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 3:34 PM, Gregor said:

Spurned chances lol

were you at the game,, they were all decent saves and and a worldie save from young Daniels shot, behave yourself!!

Yes I was at the game thanks for asking. Worldie saves or not they were still missed chances no?

On 10/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, Gregor said:

unbelievable is the only word I can find for some comments on this thread. 

In other games yes we have missed some easy chances but last week ,the defensive blunder cost us the game,if people dont want to accept this its up to them to bury their head in the sand.

Have a good weekend folks.

The defensive mistake, 10 minutes into the match, cost us a goal. It didn't cost us the game.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RiG said:

Yes I was at the game thanks for asking. Worldie saves or not they were still missed chances no?

The defensive mistake, 10 minutes into the match, cost us a goal. It didn't cost us the game.

 

 If we keep a clean sheet and miss numerous chances you can blame the missed chances ,but it’s my humble opinion on Saturday it’s very harsh to blame missed chances for the draw.

We lost the goal due to an unforced blunder, we scored a very good goal by skill from the striker and other chances were saved by the skill of the opposing goalkeeper.

But you want blame the missed chances 😂 

I suppose we all look at things differently.

 

Edited by Gregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.