Robbo extends contract

MorayJaggie

25 minutes ago, Shorty said:

What's with attacking and insulting everyone who questions sonething. Are you on the pay roll or just sucking up to old school friends.

nail/hammer interface. Credit where it's due though. The continuity in securing the manager for another three years had to be good though.

The fact that it was decided not to inform the fans for weeks is, however, sadly typical of what's going on at the moment and wholly unnecessary.

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I agree the board have done well keeping it secret for months.

At last you are showing some common sense. I applaud you Shorty. :groovy:

Hope to catch up with you at a home game soon. I have to get rid of my six free hospitality tickets.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The continuity in securing the manager for another three years had to be good though.

Nail/Hammer interface there. But nice to see some more appreciation for the Board. Perhaps Robbo and his agent had no say in when to announce or not but in my world - Agreeing verbally in principle is different to completing a contract. ?

• Agree 1

Brilliant news.  An extension of a further year demonstrates the commitment of Robbo to the club and the Board's faith in him.  Well done to both for reaching this agreement. With Robbo now contracted to June 2011 players will know there is stability at manager level and hopefully that will make it easier for them to also commit to the club if offered contracts.  The club suffered a pretty drastic fall in its fortunes but Robbo has undoubtedly stopped the rot and got us going in the right direction.  Onwards and upwards!

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To me - Robbo deserves this. I don't think that any other manager close to his caliber would have taken this post. Lets stop all the crepe and get behind the team. To me a play off spot would be an accomplishment this season.

Have to agree with you ,and we arw on right track.

9 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To me - Robbo deserves this. I don't think that any other manager close to his caliber would have taken this post. Lets stop all the crepe and get behind the team. To me a play off spot would be an accomplishment this season.

Agreed. Stability is key. My Mourhino comment was a joke. ?

Hopefully the stability of appointment will encourage investment into the club, clearly Robbo has improved the team over his tenure and right now the 18 game unbeaten league run is half way to being 'invincibles' but there is still work to do if the club are to get out of this division. Clearly creativity & goals are the weak area and if this helps to get a better quality of player or funds to improve then this is positive. Its a move which will hopefully prove fruitful for both parties as progress at the club will further boost the profile of Robbo and ultimately depending on his longer term goals could allow him to built a successful long-term tenure or advertise his capabilities for larger projects in the future.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Hopefully the stability of appointment will encourage investment into the club, clearly Robbo has improved the team over his tenure and right now the 18 game unbeaten league run is half way to being 'invincibles' but there is still work to do if the club are to get out of this division. Clearly creativity & goals are the weak area and if this helps to get a better quality of player or funds to improve then this is positive. Its a move which will hopefully prove fruitful for both parties as progress at the club will further boost the profile of Robbo and ultimately depending on his longer term goals could allow him to built a successful long-term tenure or advertise his capabilities for larger projects in the future.

Very good news, as I've said, that Robbo has committed for a further three years.

However, I honestly don't see where any significant investment will come from. It looks like we are going to have to continue to live within our current limited means. The good news is that JR seems to have the ability to and, perhaps more importantly, is willing to do that.

BDU

Unfortunately the Ronaldo's of this world are very hard to find at the price we can afford. and J R will have his hands full  in improving results I am afraid.

It's like the Vancouver Canuck-another terrible start to the season  despite declaring the club's intention to go with youth and greater speed etc, . Yawn !!!!!!!    I will believe it when it happens. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And, Frank Kelly speaking, I don't think there is a desire to spend money because I also don't think it is available at this time     So....whew!

20 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

BDU

Unfortunately the Ronaldo's of this world are very hard to find at the price we can afford. and J R will have his hands full  in improving results I am afraid.

It's like the Vancouver Canuck-another terrible start to the season  despite declaring the club's intention to go with youth and greater speed etc, . Yawn !!!!!!!    I will believe it when it happens. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And, Frank Kelly speaking, I don't think there is a desire to spend money because I also don't think it is available at this time     So....whew!

Are you being serious thinking its a terrible start to the season ?

Edited by Gregor

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

However, I honestly don't see where any significant investment will come from. It looks like we are going to have to continue to live within our current limited means.

There's probably not much significant investment around any Scottish football, however any increases in ST, fan footfall or even sponsors (of any level) may look at what JR has done over the later part of last season and early this with a view that its a good time to become or get re-associated with the club. Signs that things may be moving in the right forwards direction and the potential benefits that any promotion (or serious challenge) may bring to all parties. Time will tell overall but this bit news has more positives than we've seen out of the club recently.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Depends on whether I am drunk or sober, I suppose, Gregor.?

But you are right ...it's not as bad as the Vancouver Canucks ice hockey team results so far. They do have some good players but  other factors take a toll too. e.g. bad injuries, rookies not doing what they should and therefore achieving less than they otherwise might be able to achieve, etc,  despite their obvious and sometimes electrifying talent. 

When  a Manager decides to make a wholesale change in the type of personnel he starts with you can be sure there is bound to be teething troubles from the get--go. And yet at that stage of the process he is on a hiding to nothing because if he sits and does  nothing  then nothing is likely to change.And if he makes all the changes he needs too quickly he must know that it will take time to rebuild a team,,,,,,.

21 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Depends on whether I am drunk or sober, I suppose, Gregor.?

But you are right ...it's not as bad as the Vancouver Canucks ice hockey team results so far. .

Haha wish your ice hockey teeam well , but agree with you its not as bad as lots on here make out ,as compared to where we were last season after matchday 8

Last season League Position  9th / won 1 /draw 2/lost 5/points 5

This season League Postion  3rd / won 3/draw 5/lost 0/points 14

I can see why people are unhappy lol