Carl Tremarco comments

Scotty

Tremarco sick of unbeaten run talk

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Tremarco-sick-of-unbeaten-run-talk-11102018.htm

Clapping_smiley.gif

Whilst its great that we are unbeaten in the league so far this season, I agree with CT.  Last season we ended with 8 wins and 3 draws out of the last 11 games to start this run. That is championship winning form. If we had done it and maintained it from the start we may have finished on 80+ pts instead of 57 ... So far this season with 3 wins and 5 draws out of 8 games you are looking at a pace to end on a little over 60pts. Its great we are unbeaten but need to start turning those draws into wins and turn it into a real unbeaten run !   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thats all very well with not liking  the unbeaten run from last year, but 

compared to where we were last season after matchday 8

Last season

League Position  9th

won 1

draw 2

lost 5

points 5

This season

League Postion  3rd

won 3

draw 5

lost 0

points 14

We are certainly doing so much better than last seasons start.

Also if we lost 3 games in a row we wouldnt be enjoying that would we,I think that would do my head in more than an unbeaten run.

• Like 1

nobody is saying we dont like it ... but as CT points out in the article, it is a bit of a false statistic .... a 19 game unbeaten run is PR gold but the 5 draws so far this season means its still 10 points dropped in the first 8 games which - compared to the great run at the end of last season - is not championship form. If the strikers can start bagging winning goals then we will all be happy ?

Psychologically, I think that I'd prefer winning 1 in 3 to 3 draws.  In the first scenario, you have one game to celebrate...in the latter, there are 3 draws and do people really get excited about and celebrate draws???

In the draws scenario, it's also very easy to get caught in the mindset of it being more important not to lose than to win because you don't want the streak to end.  Having that thought in your head, even subconsciously, can't be a good thing.

Nobody is saying that the unbeaten streak is bad...just that there are scenarios which would have been an improvement.  Let's just upgrade the unbeaten streak to a winning streak and everyone's happy ?

well lets put it this way What would everybody prefer after 8 games

last seasons start of 5pts

or this seasons start of 14 points?

Its not as if we havent won any game this season we could go to tannadice and win and we would be sitting on 17 points ,yet some would prefer 1 win in 3, so over 9 games 9 points cmon get real.

Some people need to be careful what they wish for including the manager as 3 losses instead of 3 draws and some would be calling for his head.

We should be embracing the fact we have gone undefeated instead of rediculing it.

Draws can easily turn into defeats as well as wins and a losing streak can sometimes be hard to break too.

Edited by Gregor

4 hours ago, Gregor said:

We should be embracing the fact we have gone undefeated instead of rediculing it.

no-one is ridiculing it ... perhaps you can discuss with Carl Tremarco  :wink:

Our draws at home were against Ayr, Alloa, QotS and Morton.  The scoreless draws against Ayr and QotS (and RC) as well as 1-1 v Morton I think is Carl implying that while the defence is doing their job, they are frustrated that perhaps others are not.  It must be frustrating for him as a defender and captain to see  home scoreless draws and or low scoring draws against teams not shoo-ins for top positions.  

Being in playoff positions at this stage of the season is good, the finals standings will have the same teams in at the end bar one maybe two.  To avoid being in that two, the players are obviously starting to look at the goal threat.  To stay in the playoff positions or higher we need a few players in double digits.  If we don’t have that then in January we will need to loan it in.

Edited by Glover
scores

As Bill Shankly once said - "Offences win games - Defences win Championships." As I have alluded to before we look like a team better suited to attacking on the break and away from home. Maintaining a solid defence is essential and Carl & Co. will undoubtedly be prioritizing that. We have played 5 out of the 8 games at home. Away from home we have amassed 7 from 9, including the difficult trip to the Dark Side, three clean sheets and 4 goals. I expect to get at least 4 out of the next 6 points. Then the table may look a lot different as other teams are beating each other. Plus it is Tinkerville versus Ayr up next. Amongst the teams that we have played at home are Ayr and Queens who are not shoo-ins. Plus the opening game against Alloa was always a difficult starter. It does also however suggest that Robbo has to change the style at home. A few have advocated playing wider with more pace which seems like the answer. Lets see.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Our draws at home were against Ayr, Alloa, QotS and Morton.  The scoreless draws against Ayr and QotS (and RC) as well as 1-1 v Morton I think is Carl implying that while the defence is doing their job, they are frustrated that perhaps others are not.  It must be frustrating for him as a defender and captain to see  home scoreless draws and or low scoring draws against teams not shoo-ins for top positions.  

Being in playoff positions at this stage of the season is good, the finals standings will have the same teams in at the end bar one maybe two.  To avoid being in that two, the players are obviously starting to look at the goal threat.  To stay in the playoff positions or higher we need a few players in double digits.  If we don’t have that then in January we will n2eed to loan it in.

Well Glover  maybe Carl should have a word with his fellow defender after last weeks terrible mistake that led to the goal ,dont lose a goal and we are halfway to a win.

Defence cost us game on Saturday.

However we aee only a tweak away from good season.

Edited by Gregor