Yompa and Neuroblastoma

Gringo

Many of you on here would have heard about Yompa (aka InterTheNet, Steve Taylor). He is the guy who founded the Highland March.

Over the past few years he has been dedicating his time to supporting and helping to find a cure to the childhood cancer - Neuroblastoma. He's raised thousands of pounds in the last five years - but it's never enough.

He has recently returned from Austrailia after completing 2222km cycling from Brisbane to Adelaide. I read his blog whilst he was doing that trip and the whole story from start to finish is now available in Kindle format. An inspirational read from an inspirational guy. This will be the best £1.99 you will ever spend. And there's a lot of ICT and Highland March stuff in it too. :wink: Here's the link - go buy. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ride2Cure-Neuroblastoma-bus-pass-outback-ebook/dp/B07JDJ4X7C/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1539511257&sr=8-18&keywords=steve+taylor

Edited by Gringo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

This really should be in a more prominent place - I would even say the Main Board. At least equals the feat of Davie Balfour going from Lands End to John O'Groats. Steve had to do it Down Under and suffer the company of Mr Gablonski through it all !! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

This really should be in a more prominent place - I would even say the Main Board. At least equals the feat of Davie Balfour going from Lands End to John O'Groats. Steve had to do it Down Under and suffer the company of Mr Gablonski through it all !! 

Agreed. Couldn't decide which forum but, if it wasn't for Caley Thistle, his adventure may never have happened.

I'd been wondering what the old General would get up to in his retiring years so I fought against the old Aberdonian bum squeak and forked out £1.99 of my hard earned to find out. Keep going old chap and remember 'Never give up, never ever give up!' ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Happy to promote this wherever needed. happy to add a link to his book purchase URL on the sidebar too. just let us know. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Happy to promote this wherever needed. happy to add a link to his book purchase URL on the sidebar too. just let us know. 

Promote away young Scotty. I'm he'd welcome any kind of links to the Kindle book. Many thanks.

Have put a block on the sidebar on front page of forums and unread content pages ... just links to the Amazon page. If you and/or Yompa want to write an accompanying article we would be happy to put int in articles and promote it to our social media feeds too. 

• Agree 1

It started out as an idea to leave the motor at home when I got my bus pass. The Canary would have been proud of me looking after the auld wallet! Then one thing led to another, I parked the bus pass and started commute cycling full time. That was five years and 44,444 miles ago. That was to support Solving Kids Cancer in the UK: they fund the families of kids who can't get treatment in the UK. Then the story reached Adelaide, and in particular got onto the radar of Neuroblastoma Australia. They emailed me out of the blue, about 18 months ago, and asked if I'd do a bike ride for them. That ride, totally self funded between the mad ginger Gabby and myself, was Ride2Cure: 2222km in 15 days.

The book, which I didn't even start writing until I got home a month ago, is the inside story of the whole adventure, starting right back in 2013. There's a fair chunk of Caley Thistle content because the Highland March/Bike played such a prominent role. 

I plan on continuing to support Neuroblastoma Australia because all of their fundraising goes to laboratory research at the Children's Cancer Institute in Sydney. Only through research will the boffins be able to stop the conveyor belt of kids dying.

All proceeds from the book will go to Neuroblastoma Australia.

• Like 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic