Potential Winter signings...

Jack Waddington

My guess - much like Owain Fon Williams - is that he is hoping to get into some team's MLS training camp in January. Both MLS and the lower level USL leagues are wrapping up for the winter about now and things don't really start up again until March, but most teams do have training camps in Florida or other southern parts of the USA in early January. The Canadian Premier League is also scheduled to launch in early 2019 too so he may also be hoping for tryouts with one of the original teams. There are 7 sets of open tryouts in various cities across Canada. 4 of the 7 already took place but there is still Winnipeg, Calgary and Victoria to take place between now and early November. 

At worst, if he goes on trial in January he might get a holiday in Florida ! At best, he may actually get a spot on some team to prove his worth. Good luck to him !     

• Agree 2

Is Nick Ross's career coming to a close?  The answer to that is all we need to know at this time.

BUT IT DOES NOT LOOK AS IF HE HAS ANY INTEREST  IN REJOINING ICT  IN THE NEAR FUTURE SO give him a nice welcome and a cup of tea and then  say "Nick, how old are you now? And what can we do to assist you at this time. Anything or nothing?

As for Usain Bolt just remind him that one of our past  (ex Rangers) players who became captain of the brilliant Caledonian team of yore was one named Bobby BOLT :-- Grizzled,toothless Bobby who done his job of marshalling the troops really good, like.

"And this, Usain, is a club with a storied past, namely our most recent Scottish cup win. (shows him the video and the joy etc) You will also learn a lot from our young, talented, hungry  and ,yes, speedy team who will also learn a lot from you as how to get speedier. Man, it's a marriage made in heaven except for the money, old fruit, which is not great but Inverness is a lovely place to relax and..... if you see NESSIE... then you may never want to leave...………. "

Well,  I can dream can't I,  eh?:tongue: 

P.S. Heh, stranger things have happened. If you don't try then you don't get. Will certainement put Caley Thistle on the global map again.

8 hours ago, caleyboy said:

all this crap about Usain Bolt being a footballer -  he's a bloody sprinter ffs.

I'd like to see Bolt and Allan Wells in centre midfield. One sprinting back to assist the defence, the other sprinting forward to help the strikers. Perfection ?

"The Brora Bolt" ?

USAIN BOLT is on the verge of signing for Highland League side Brora Rangers. The Olympic sprint legend, 31, has long dreamed of becoming a professional footballer after hanging up his running spikes. He views the Highlands as being his stepping stone to bigger things. The Director of Brora and the man behind the sponsorship package is David Dowling. He responded:  "I think he is talented, but when he wants to play at a higher level, he clearly has a lot of work to do. The physique and skill set he needs for his other sport is completely different from what he needs for football. Brora should be fun for him and a real boost for us in many ways. It was a pleasure for us to meet a guy like him and offer him this unique opportunity." When approached  Bolt said: "I'm going there to get in shape. I'm glad that the club have allowed me to go, to work and improve. I am really looking forward to the tests at Strathspey and Fort William. Bolt is pictured (below) with the new Commercial Manager of Brora Rangers - Donald Dudgeon.

1508708924413.jpg

He has now turned down the opportunity to sign for Maltese champions Valetta and the Mariners aren't going to offer him a contract - this may be the reason...

"The Mariners are said to be waiting for governing body Football Federation Australia to decide whether it will contribute to a potential $3m Aus (£1.63m) offer to the 100m and 200m world record holder." (BBC Sport)

Can you imagine the upset in a Brit lower league dressing room (ours included) if a celebrity non-footballer was fast-tracked into your team on that kind of money and you were benched to make room for him? I can't see it happening anywhere anytime soon - the guy is dreaming!

6 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

He has now turned down the opportunity to sign for Maltese champions Valetta and the Mariners aren't going to offer him a contract - this may be the reason...

"The Mariners are said to be waiting for governing body Football Federation Australia to decide whether it will contribute to a potential $3m Aus (£1.63m) offer to the 100m and 200m world record holder." (BBC Sport)

Can you imagine the upset in a Brit lower league dressing room (ours included) if a celebrity non-footballer was fast-tracked into your team on that kind of money and you were benched to make room for him? I can't see it happening anywhere anytime soon - the guy is dreaming!

Sounds like an 'American Dream' to me.