Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

It had been coming. Seems we can only put in a performance over just one half of a game !!!! Same issues as I have seen on previous weeks....... who exactly is it we are expecting to score for us????? Good to see some decent crosses and and good corners, but no out & out goal scorer to convert our chances !!!!

• Agree 1

Good display up to midfield area then nothing. White is meant to be a holding lone striker and overall he wasn’t great. Need to change our ideas up front if we want to score and win games. The passing in the first have was decent and closing down too. Can see the potential but not sure we have the bit of flair to spark something when we need it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

It had been coming. Seems we can only put in a performance over just one half of a game !!!! Same issues as I have seen on previous weeks....... who exactly is it we are expecting to score for us????? Good to see some decent crosses and and good corners, but no out & out goal scorer to convert our chances !!!!

Agree with you why Robbo keeps playing White is baffling he is just not mobile i have been saying for weeks now like many others the home draws are going to haunt us

Edited by Polo Chick
  • Agree 3

Dundee United benefited from a new manager bounce when winning away at Patrick, a side better resourced than us.

We played reasonably well today but, as has become the norm, struggled for creativity in the final third.

Donaldson will be a loss against Alloa next week as he has probably been our most consistent performer this season.

Unlike some of our most recent draws, a point gained rather than two points lost.

• Agree 2

Donaldson and McKay have racked up quite a few yellows this season - could end up with both being suspended at the same time... which would be interesting/terrifying! 

Edited by RossP
  • Agree 1

Not often I don’t enjoy our games, but that was turgid. Jordan White is not mobile enough, doesn’t hold it up well enough,  or good enough in the air to play the lone striker role. When we played it long, in the unlikely event of Jordan winning the header, the 2 wide men were 30 yards away front him and not in a position to react. When we got the ball on the ground we did create problems, but didn’t do it often enough. I think we have better players than this, but there again I don’t see them every day in training.

White isn't the answer up front. He needs tap ins. Austin and Oakley (when back fit), with Mackay on in final 30 minutes are our best options. White is 4th in line. 

Am I imagining this or does the team have quite good control so long as the ball stays on the deck, but  lobbing in high balls seems to not be skilled enough yet. They can score from corners but they should keep the ball on the turf to really penetrate the defences? :ponder: 

• Agree 1

All been said.  Draws and indiscipline could cause us a real problem at the back end.  And we desperately need a 25 a season striker, or better still 2. That said, Austin and Oakley were really causing problems for defences before injuries so the sooner they are fit the better.

1 hour ago, Weekend Hacker said:

All been said.  Draws and indiscipline could cause us a real problem at the back end.  And we desperately need a 25 a season striker, or better still 2. That said, Austin and Oakley were really causing problems for defences before injuries so the sooner they are fit the better.

A single 25 goal a season striker, far less 2, is a forlorn hope.What we do need is for the forwards we have to be more mobile and more clinical.

White does not seem to have that in his armoury. Time to give the others a run.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic