Scottish Cup 3rd Round

DoofersDad

Yes a potentially tough game, although they only beat Civil Service Strollers 1-0 yesterday.

I'll be in Edinburgh on 24 November, but for Scotland v Argentina rugby with 2.30pm ko. As I had to go to great lengths to get season tickets for the Autumn Tests I won't be giving up my seat at Murrayfield to attend the Cup game.

As Caley Stan says, there are no pubs near the Ainslie Park ground. The Anchor Inn at West Granton Road and Telford Arms might be the nearest but not advised. If I could have made it I would have gone to Spiers at Goldenacre, my old local 35-40 years ago. The Village Hotel at Crewe Toll has the nearest bar but be prepared for boutique hotel prices. The other option is Stewarts Melville Rugby Club if you can get signed in.

You would be best to do your drinking in Rose Street, or George Street where there’s a huge Wetherspoons called the Standing Order if that’s your thing. Then a stroll round to Hanover Street where you can hop on a 27 bus at 1419, which takes only about 7 minutes to the big Morrison’s near the ground. If you miss that, there’s another one 15 minutes later.

Personally I like the historic pubs east of Hanover Street, The Abbotsford, The Cafe Royal or The Guildford. But I’m an old git.

ETA - I see Spartans are at home to the Shire that day. Can’t remember whether that gets moved for us or vice-versa.

Edited by TheMantis

42 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

You would be best to do your drinking in Rose Street, or George Street where there’s a huge Wetherspoons called the Standing Order if that’s your thing.

That will please the section of our support who like a microwaved curry before the football.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Personally I like the historic pubs east of Hanover Street, The Abbotsf,ord, The Cafe Royal or The Guildford. But I’m an old git.

ETA - I see Spartans are at home to the Shire that day. Can’t remember whether that gets moved for us or vice-versa.

The Abbotsford, Cafe Royal, Guildford all likely to feature in our post Murrayfield 'crawl' that night. Long term haunts of us old gits from Edinburgh.

A 24 hour delay if ground given up to Spartans would have suited me fine.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So when will the actual date and time of kick off be confirmed ?

Can’t see it being other than 3pm Saturday, it’s not going to be moved for telly.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, CaleyD said:

Scottish Cup would have precedence.

According to HibeeJibee, the fount of all knowledge on P&B, the club furthest up the pyramid gets priority, and the cup thing is a myth. I think there may be precedents for this. Either way, it’s us and not Spamtins.

29 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Can’t see it being other than 3pm Saturday, it’s not going to be moved for telly.

According to HibeeJibee, the fount of all knowledge on P&B, the club furthest up the pyramid gets priority, and the cup thing is a myth. I think there may be precedents for this. Either way, it’s us and not Spamtins.

I don't recall any specific rule on it....although there is a specific one for replays....but I do recall the conversation coming up during a meeting (the year there was a horrendous level of league postponements) and reference being made to the fact that it is part of the agreement between the SPFL (SPL & SFL at that time) that Scottish Cup matches could not be postponed due to matches taking place in other competitions.

• 2 weeks later...

With the switch being made around two weeks since the draw it's likely a number of supporters will have made travel arrangements already. To move the game just over three weeks before the date is pretty poor. Why was this not sorted out in the days after the draw? As someone who has suffered at the hands of short notice postponements / fixture amendments I feel for any fans who have forked out for travel for this game.

• Agree 1

At the very least, some kind of communication saying that the date had not been finalised/was still under discussion would have prevented the situation I'm seeing with a number of people across social media reporting they are now out of pocket having booked hotels and/or travel.

I would suggest that fans make use of the slo@ictfc.co.uk email address to feed back to the club.

• Agree 2