Scottish Cup 3rd Round

DoofersDad

39 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Or not, as the case may be.

I perhaps would have been better saying "should have".

Can only assume that the SFA didn't consider out game important enough to take any stance over; so just allowed the Spartans game to go ahead the day before ,on the park we will be using, in winter when pitches are barely able to recover in a week, let along 22 hours!

Also spotted earlier that every Sunday in November there are bus replacement services in operation for trains to Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I perhaps would have been better saying "should have".

Can only assume that the SFA didn't consider out game important enough to take any stance over; so just allowed the Spartans game to go ahead the day before ,on the park we will be using, in winter when pitches are barely able to recover in a week, let along 22 hours!

Also spotted earlier that every Sunday in November there are bus replacement services in operation for trains to Edinburgh.

Ainslie Park is an artificial pitch. Bummer about the trains for fans having to travel though. 

1 minute ago, TopSix said:

Ainslie Park is an artificial pitch. Bummer about the trains for fans having to travel though. 

Beat me to it while I was composing an answer. ? doesn’t explain why Spamtins get priority though.

If ICT protests vigorously do you think they might consider just bringing it back to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. Makes perfect sense rather then postponing it for goodness sake, at least IMHO.

And maybe the other team's financial cut might even be higher so why not? I wonder what our Board is thinking? Perhaps some fan can ask them...……..?

Well, well, the change now allows me to go and I had no influence on that whatsoever. ? I feel sorry for those who had already made their travel arrangements for the Saturday though. Typical for our fans to get mucked about again. 

Edited by Row S

13 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I believe that applied to Saturday 24th Nov too. 

18 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Biggest crowd Edinburgh City have had at home this season so far is 362 including away support. Average attendance is 300. If we can get a good away support boys might feel like it's a home game. 

But we can't win at home, well, only once, but won two away. :ponder::tongueincheek:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Row S said:

No tickets are available to the club for this game yet. Hoping to just turn up and pay on the day?

7 hours ago, Row S said:

No tickets are available to the club for this game yet. Hoping to just turn up and pay on the day?

I cant see there being an issue with that tbh?.Changing to the Sunday seems to have killed any cup fever that was about. 

10 hours ago, Row S said:

I'd be very surprised if it isn't just pay at the gate. Hopefully we'll get info on prices soon. For the league they charge £12 (adults), £6 concessions and £2 U12s though they might increase those a wee bit for the Scottish Cup who knows.

6 minutes ago, L_G said:

I could go on the Saturday but didn't think I could make the Sunday but now have the whole weekend off so making a weekend of it.  Looking forward to it

Great idea L_G especially since we don't get visits to Edinburgh in the league these days.

Don't see the attendance being a problem as Edinburgh City only get crowds of about 300. Should be a few neutrals there on the day as it's the only show in town. 500 seats and grass banking so just like the HL days ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I'd be very surprised if it isn't just pay at the gate. Hopefully we'll get info on prices soon. For the league they charge £12 (adults), £6 concessions and £2 U12s though they might increase those a wee bit for the Scottish Cup who knows.

If tickets required then I'll have a problem getting them, as from tomorrow I'm not going to be remotely near Inverness before this game to pick them up. Hopefully, there will be a ticket booth at Ainslie Park for away fans to purchase on the day. Did I also read somewhere figures of £15 for adults and £5 for concessions?    

17 minutes ago, Row S said:

Did I also read somewhere figures of £15 for adults and £5 for concessions?    

Not seen anything confirmed myself though I've probably missed it!

Worth noting for anyone driving to the game that parking is available albeit limited. Should be plenty of on street parking a few minutes walk away but not sure I would feel leaving my car in Pilton :laugh: There's a Morrisons close by as well folk could probably use too.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Not seen anything confirmed myself though I've probably missed it!

Worth noting for anyone driving to the game that parking is available albeit limited. Should be plenty of on street parking a few minutes walk away but not sure I would feel leaving my car in Pilton :laugh: There's a Morrisons close by as well folk could probably use too.

The regulars use Morrisons, there's no problem parking there.

Pay at the Gate should be a "no-brainer". Any club who have space to offer  and is willing to take your money any way they can is run on common sense and smart business practice.:tongue: 

Grass banking? great so long as it is not wet and unless you carry a plastic cape that you can use.

Good luck  to all. Caley Thistle will win this one hands down...not though complacency which in itself could prove fatal and fateful, but because they have the training and skill to complete the job and then get a money'd tie for their efforts.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Should be plenty of on street parking a few minutes walk away but not sure I would feel leaving my car in Pilton :laugh: 

It's East Pilton, which is quite a good area. I have relatives in Pilton Avenue on the North side of the ground and hope to park there. If it was West Pilton, then that's a different story.

8 hours ago, Row S said:

It's East Pilton, which is quite a good area. I have relatives in Pilton Avenue on the North side of the ground and hope to park there. If it was West Pilton, then that's a different story.

A touch of snobbery there ?

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

As a further warning against complanency, Edinburgh City came back from being two nil down against Alloa today in the Challenge Cup to draw and eventually prevail on penalties.

We need the team that turned up in the last 15 minutes in Dumfries if we are sure to progress.