Scottish Cup 3rd Round

DoofersDad

On 11/17/2018 at 6:42 PM, WYNESS101 said:

Tickets will it be cash at gates?

Looks like cash at the gates, as it is for all their home league games. They are also doing a hospitality package - a curry, rice, nan bread and a pint plus a seat in the stand for £30. Not clear if it's open to away fans though.  If it is it might help folk decide on a pre match drinking venue.   http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/category/club-news/

Edited by Row S

1 hour ago, RiG said:

No idea why folk keep obsessing over whether the match is all ticket. When was the last time you attended a SC tie in the early rounds involving ICT that was all ticket?

Sorry I mentioned it!!! Thought I was being helpful but obviously not.

2 hours ago, Row S said:

Sorry I mentioned it!!! Thought I was being helpful but obviously not.

It wasn't in reference to your post. Just turn up, you'll get a ticket no problem.

Edited by RiG

18 hours ago, Graeme said:

Afternoon folks, 

Looking forward to welcoming you all to Ainslie Park on Sunday.

I'd suggest getting there early, there's not many (4) turnstyles, so a fair old queue tends to form for larger crowds.  

Cheers  

Would have loved to gone but the moving of the match to Sunday has ruined that. Sounds like it'll be a great game and a potential upset on the cards. Safe travel to all who are going.

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

and, with the greatest respect to our welcome visitor, do all in our power to prevent that potential upset becoming reality.

Of course, wouldn't expect anything else.

Last week v Alloa in the irn bru cup was great. 

A lot of their fans were giving it the "mickey mouse, pub team, shouldn't be on the same pitch" chat. 

Momentum is a great thing, although I honestly think Inverness will be a step too far.

Going to enjoy the day whatever happens, splashed out on hospitality.. it's a pity the games been moved to the Sunday. Have the utmost respect for fans travelling out with the central belt. I assume it'll have a big effect on the travelling support?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, WYNESS101 said:

Pubs before game?

Tickets will it be cash at gates?

Not a pub as such, but the nearest place to the ground to get a pint, (exluding a carry out from Morrisons is 

https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/edinburgh/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=edinburgh-gmb 

Other than that there's not a lot about, a couple in the other direction towards Granton. Although the grounds not  far from Leith/Stockbridge/west end- all probably about 10 minutes in a taxi. 

Edited by Graeme
Add

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So the only real reason that Edinburgh City are not a mickey mouse pub team is because there isn't a pub close enuff to align to ?

Indeed IHE, 

I’d probably put us in the “carry out and drinking in the car park” level, with aspirations to go straight to hotel bistro. 

Hey we’ve all got to start somewhere 

• Funny 3

I see that our 2015 Cup Final opponents have gone out of this year's tournament at the first time of asking against lower league opponents.

With the prospect of a winnable home tie in prospect, we need to make sure we don't follow suit. We need to bear in mind that a home tie against East Kilbride will be as much of an incentive to Edinburgh City as it is to us.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Great Preview from Caley Stan for the Cup game at Ainslie Park.

Yip well researched, the comments re. the pies are spot on, not just the macaroni ones either. Hopefully the game being on Sunday doesn’t affect the usual quality.

You won’t see Josh Walker, he’s been injured since last season, or Danny Handling, he’s been out for the last month or so.

James Mcdonagh’s brought a certain professionalismto the club, which being honest wasn’t there previously, which is reflected in the upturn in results. 

Regarding parking I’d suggest not parking in Morrisons, the traffic lights there are notoriously bad. Plenty places to park within a 5 minute walk.

Safe journey down the road 

Graeme - I've lived in Edinburgh for 15 years but have only seen City once - a comfortable win against Spartans at Meadowbank the season you won the EOS. A few other ICT fans were in attendance when you played Clach in the cup the following season.

I really enjoyed researching the history of the club for the preview, but I have couple of questions.

Where do you draw your support from? Are there any Meadowbank fans who just kept going along to same stadium even though the team changed? 

Also, I'm seeing six players with impressive full-time CV's and Jeffries as technical director. Who's paying for this?

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Definitely!

Assuming we don't mess up tomorrow, great to have a home draw against an opponent we don't normally come up against. Have we ever played either Edinburgh City or East Kilbride before?

Had we ever heard of Edinburgh City or East Kiltbridge before ?