Scotty

Not great, but a slight improvement, maybe? Better line up with Trafford in midfield as opposed to Chumpers. Would have gone back to 3rd if we could have won. 

What happened with White at the end? He seemed annoyed with someone in the North Stand. Did somebody tell him the truth?

Edited by Guest

Just now, Caman said:

Not great, but a slight improvement, maybe. Better line up with Trafford in midfield as opposed to Chumpers. Would have gone back to 3rd if we could have won. 

What happened with White at the end. He seemed annoyed with someone in the North Stand. Somebody tell him the truth?

He might have been annoyed with us all in the north stand apart from his goal he was *hite.  A slight improvement tonight we scored 2 goals, Calders was good!

The team has just equalled the club record for the number of league games undefeated (22) and moved back into the play off places.  It's a great achievement.  Yet some of the "support" choose to boo the team at the end and to hurl abuse at our leading scorer who happened to score the 2nd equaliser tonight.  It can't exactly encourage players to want to play for us if that is the kind of "support" fans give.

Of course the recent draws are frustrating and we've lacked penetration going forward, but you don't go 22 games unbeaten if you are a poor side.  The players themselves were clearly gutted not to have got a win from the game tonight.  Perhaps if some of the folk who were constantly on the players' backs all night had shown a bit of support instead, then the players may have felt less pressured and played better as a result.  

• Agree 17
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

The team has just equalled the club record for the number of league games undefeated (22) and moved back into the play off places.  It's a great achievement.  Yet some of the "support" choose to boo the team at the end and to hurl abuse at our leading scorer who happened to score the 2nd equaliser tonight.  It can't exactly encourage players to want to play for us if that is the kind of "support" fans give.

Of course the recent draws are frustrating and we've lacked penetration going forward, but you don't go 22 games unbeaten if you are a poor side.  The players themselves were clearly gutted not to have got a win from the game tonight.  Perhaps if some of the folk who were constantly on the players' backs all night had shown a bit of support instead, then the players may have felt less pressured and played better as a result.  

Totally ageee with you again,some of our fans are a disgrace ,first the Polworth saga,now White is the target of the boo boys and he actually has scored 3 in last 4 games its baffling.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 2

We must be the slowest team in the league. Every team we play can counter at us with pace, and be at our box in a few passes, but we take forever to get any attack going, passing it back and forth along the back line until our opponents are back in their shape, and then we try to play through them, which we can't do as we don't have the guile or talent to beat a man and find the right pass. Too many of our players had a bad day and I lost count of the misplaced passes. We need to start taking more shots from outside the box,  you never know what might happen, look at Dunfermline's second goal, what a scorcher, I can't remember the last time we scored one like that.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

We must be the slowest team in the league. Every team we play can counter at us with pace, and be at our box in a few passes, but we take forever to get any attack going, passing it back and forth along the back line until our opponents are back in their shape, and then we try to play through them, which we can't do as we don't have the guile or talent to beat a man and find the right pass. Too many of our players had a bad day and I lost count of the misplaced passes. We need to start taking more shots from outside the box,  you never know what might happen, look at Dunfermline's second goal, what a scorcher, I can't remember the last time we scored one like that.

Absolutely spot on how i see it why can we never run through the middle with the ball ? all this side passing gives the opposition time to get back

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I was not at last night's game so can't comment specifically on that but DD makes a very good point in general.

There are, of course, negatives, not least the inability to score goals and convert some of these draws into wins.

However, when you think back to where we were this time last season, there have to be more positives and negatives.

This time last year, we were genuinely concerned that we might be facing successive relegations and were being regularly beaten.

Now,  nobody fears being in League One next season, we have not been beaten in the league since the Spring and we are genuine contenders for the promotion play offs even if that one automatic promotion place looks a bit distant at present.

We could be winning more games but surely less negativity is in order.

• Agree 2

Echo all sentiments on here.  Freezing cold, doesn't help the atmosphere for sure.  We lacked zip going forward and for me it was obvious that there was too much space between Coll and Brad which they exploited time and time again yet Robbo nor the players seemed to react to this?  Both goals conceded we gave the ball away too cheaply - we simply can't keep doing that.

Not sure what was going on with Jordan at the end - words were obviously exchanged but two things for me.  Love or loathe, is he not our top goalscorer and but for his goals would we not be in a far worse position?  Not checked, just assuming.  Strikers are confidence players and if a section of the crowd are on our top scorers back, it's not doing us any favours is it?  That said, he needs to rise above (not inviting any jump related jibes please) and concentrate on the game.

Highlights for me - Trafford I thought was good and although it looked like he took a knock before he went off, it looked suspiciously like Chalmers was already getting stripped before this - sure there is a good reason for taking off our best player of the night but I'll leave that to Robbo to answer - injury aside.  Ricardo Calder - showed again why we need him on.  Coll was immense.  Not so good, Walsh had a quiet one, Daniel was perhaps schooled by the big boys in the nefarious art of defending on the blind side but his time will come.  And absolutely no point in asking White to clearly fulfill a holding striker role when no bugger is there to play off him - or just me?

We need to get behind the team, particularly Saturday and lose chants like the one a boy beside me on leaving shouted to Jordan - "You owe us a goal Saturday Jordan".  WTAF?

Jumping on the bandwagon, this time last year, Dunfermline would probably have torn us a new one so let's pretend we go to the game to support our team not just vent a spleen and moan??!!

Keena who scored Dunfermline second is a 19 yr old on loan from Hearts. A quick look he has been scoring a few good goals. Again we are unbeaten and to come back twice demonstrates resilience. It has been said that no team in this league is unbeatable but we currently still are. Let's get behind the team Saturday and help keep that going.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Credit must be given for the fancy dress inititaive to draw people along as the crowd was announced on twitter as 1994.

Going to be tough to decide who wins the best dressed competition with so many going as the invisible man.

1 hour ago, Buster said:

Credit must be given for the fancy dress inititaive to draw people along as the crowd was announced on twitter as 1994.

Going to be tough to decide who wins the best dressed competition with so many going as the invisible man.

Well at least no one is making the obvious crack about 11 blokes dressed as a football team.  Uh-oh.....  ?

• Facepalm 1

Not the most disciplined performance, but I actually thought it was a pretty entertaining game.  The proverbial end to ender....peaking through fingers when defending and ready to jump out of the seat to celebrate a goal when attacking.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, caley100 said:

Think Polworths pass was intended for Walsh, ball went slightly behind him, luckily Calder had continued to outpace the fullback and smacked it past the keeper,  good goal.

I thought that too, if you watch it carefully, it's actually a terribly placed pass that looks to have been aimed at Walsh but in typical polworth fashion was too far to the left of target. Seems like an eternity before Calder appears, indicating he was never anticipating it. Great vision by Calder to make the run though, something white never does, using his initiative 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic