White

Yep, Jordan is joint fourth in the BBCs Top Scorers chart for the Scottish Championship with a goal every two games ratio.  If a team was employing a Moneyball approach, Jordan would be in the running and if I had scored  and got booed, I'd be non-plussed too.  

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Caman said:

Why is he getting a start all the time? He is utter rank. 

He is not the most talented or the most prolific forward we have ever had and we possibly need to start someone else.

However, does he really need a whole separate thread directed at abusing him. That is hardly likely to infuse him with confidence and is; in my opinion, entirely inappropriate.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

He is not the most talented or the most prolific forward we have ever had and we possibly need to start someone else.

However, does he really need a whole separate thread directed at abusing him. That is hardly likely to infuse him with confidence and is; in my opinion, entirely inappropriate.

Agree he isnt as prolific as some player we have had ,but it would take some player to beat Rooneys record with us.

Agree with you the thread is entirely inappropriate.

Dont agree we should start someone else instead of him as his ratio of 1 goal in 2 starts is very good, however what I would like is someone playing alongside him as a front two.

Edited by Gregor

White's professional career stats whilst not prolific are none too shabby either, 216 games of which 72 were sub appearances and 91 goals. We don't know how many minutes he got as a sub or whether he was subbed as a starter but if we assume he was never subbed (highly unlikely) and that he played a full 45 minutes as a sub (again highly unlikely) he has a goals to minutes ratio of 56% or a goal every 178 minutes. Add in the fact that none of the teams he played for were recognised as prolific in terms of chances created I think his goal ratio is excellent whatever attributes his all round game may lack.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'm just wondering who your next thread will be about?

First Doran, now White .......................

We're all entitled to our opinions but constant berating of players does nothing to instill any confidence or show any backing and what really do you hope to achieve by your posts? 

How about being a little more constructive and get behind individuals more. 

3 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

White's professional career stats whilst not prolific are none too shabby either, 216 games of which 72 were sub appearances and 91 goals. We don't know how many minutes he got as a sub or whether he was subbed as a starter but if we assume he was never subbed (highly unlikely) and that he played a full 45 minutes as a sub (again highly unlikely) he has a goals to minutes ratio of 56% or a goal every 178 minutes. Add in the fact that none of the teams he played for were recognised as prolific in terms of chances created I think his goal ratio is excellent whatever attributes his all round game may lack.

Past teams and goals scored for them is irrelevant to current season. The only thing that matters is current form. According to ICTFC website he has 14 appearances with 4 goals scored that's one goal every 3.5 games or one goal every 315 mins assuming he's played full 90 mins every match. So not the one every two game ratio. If this has not been updated since last night then it's 5 in 15. 1 goal every 3 games or every 270 mins again assuming he's played full 90 mins per match. For this to be our best striker it is not going to get us a play off place.  He's also played 6 games more than Oakley who has scored 3 goals and 5 more than Austin who has also scored 3 goals.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Gregor said:

Caman 

couple of questions

why do you dislike White so much?

(He's crap)

what does he need to do to be accepted by yourself?

(Become uncrap) 

?

10 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I'm just wondering who your next thread will be about?

First Doran, now White .......................

We're all entitled to our opinions but constant berating of players does nothing to instill any confidence or show any backing and what really do you hope to achieve by your posts? 

How about being a little more constructive and get behind individuals more. 

Doran - I didn't 'berate' him I said I was disappointed in his contribution.

White - He's crap. End of. 

Here's a couple of ideas for you.

1 - Come up with some topics yourself.

2 - Go to the games and see it in the flesh.

6 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Past teams and goals scored for them is irrelevant to current season. The only thing that matters is current form. According to ICTFC website he has 14 appearances with 4 goals scored that's one goal every 3.5 games or one goal every 315 mins assuming he's played full 90 mins every match. So not the one every two game ratio. If this has not been updated since last night then it's 5 in 15. 1 goal every 3 games or every 270 mins again assuming he's played full 90 mins per match. For this to be our best striker it is not going to get us a play off place.  He's also played 6 games more than Oakley who has scored 3 goals and 5 more than Austin who has also scored 3 goals.

According to soccerbase from 01/07/18 he has played in 11 games with 5 of these off the bench and scored 5. Using the same method as above which is probably unfair to him since subs rarely get 45mins, his strike rate is 63% or a goal every 157 minutes. Perhaps the ICTFC stats include friendlies whereas Soccerbase only count competitive games.Not sure why there should be a difference.

Edited by wynthank15
alteration

What is it in a persons psyche that makes them think it is acceptable to subject another person to abuse purely on their perception that they didn't play well enough in a game of football?

I'm not talking about a shout of "FFS" or "What was that" or even a "You clown" etc that comes in the moment when there's been a loose pass or missing a sitter...I'm not even talking about booing your own team (as much as I disagree with it)...I'm talking about foul mouthed, nasty, senseless shouting at players.

I've said it on here umpteen times before...but I'll say it again.  There are very few players I have met who come off after a poor game and aren't feeling it every bit as much as those who've been watching the game.  The players don't expect false praise or fans to blow smoke up their butts...they know when the fans aren't happy because there is no applause and no cheering....they don't need or deserve whatever other nonsense some people think should be flung their way.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

19 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Agree current form is very important and thats exactly why we should be getting behind White rather than berating him.

League stats which in reality is most important considering we want to get back to the Premiership

White has had 8 league starts in a row scoring 4 goals which by anyones standard is excellent form.

He is on track to get 16 goals this season which will mean he will be one of the top strikers in the league.

Im sure it would be great for the lad to get some vocal support against County as opposed to the barracking he got on Tuesday night ,is it any wonder he reacted to one or two idiots when as you can see he is in top scoring form.

Edited by Gregor

• tm4tj changed the title to White