White

5 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I think I actually did the same and it's one of the very few appearances I remember so vividly from a player because it was so short lived and the worst display of petulance I've ever seen. For this performance alone I have no time for him as a player.

I don't shout abuse, yes I'm vocal but in the main it's encouragement. 

Players get more than their fair share of grief from opposition fans so the last thing they need is to hear it and receive it from their own. 

It was notable on Saturday how most of the players raised their game on Sat probably due to the encouragement instead of negativity from the stands. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

It was notable on Saturday how most of the players raised their game on Sat probably due to the encouragement instead of negativity from the stands. 

County took the lead against the run of play and immediately the young lads started a Caley chant.  Two minutes later Oakley stuck the ball in the back of the net.  That's what proper support does for you.

• Agree 2

You know, Caley D, your statement about your  weight challenge  above, is one of the best posts I have seen or read recently. It's inspirational because it shows that no matter how tough things may seem you have to just keep on trucking and if, in your heart, you know that you are the one who  must make a change to happen then even a limited amount of encouragement  is very welcome and is also inspiring.

It was apparent in my life from way-back that I, and only I, could make the necessary changes, or put in the necessary work that would be required to accomplish this goal of change and improvement. So I persevered and when I fell down and someone offered a word of upliftment or help I accepted it gracefully but used my own legs to get back on my feet and my own drive to press on.

However, that is my looking back with hindsight and not every youngster can take the necessary steps to beat the odds and forge ahead on his or her own. When I was young my mother took me to visit an older lady friend on Lochalsh Road and during the conversation at the door the lady made a nice  remark about my appearance  and mother replied "yes, he's not backward at coming forward either". I squirmed a bit because I truly did not see what she was implying. It's true that I like to engage people in conversation because I need to continually learn things from them, even at age 80 plus, and  it's also an antidote to boredom. Ask and you shall receive, sit quietly in a corner and rarely will you be noticed or troubled and so  It's your choice in life. Had I been the non-restless type then I would not be here in Canada marvelling at what I see around me and learning things that I could never learn elsewhere.

Our team is young and  needs guidance and upliftment  and a helping hand as they mature. Primarily they need positive criticism , not negative put-downs and sneering. Some guys possibly need  to be dropped but only after a significant warning. Where they can't comply then the Manager must offer additional help and training and take a vital interest in the lad because he will then be aware that the Manager and others care about his progress and value his contribution to the club.     

• Agree 1

On 11/6/2018 at 7:34 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

You know, Caley D, your statement about your  weight challenge  above, is one of the best posts I have seen or read recently. It's inspirational because it shows that no matter how tough things may seem you have to just keep on trucking and if, in your heart, you know that you are the one who  must make a change to happen then even a limited amount of encouragement  is very welcome and is also inspiring.

It was apparent in my life from way-back that I, and only I, could make the necessary changes, or put in the necessary work that would be required to accomplish this goal of change and improvement. So I persevered and when I fell down and someone offered a word of upliftment or help I accepted it gracefully but used my own legs to get back on my feet and my own drive to press on.

However, that is my looking back with hindsight and not every youngster can take the necessary steps to beat the odds and forge ahead on his or her own. When I was young my mother took me to visit an older lady friend on Lochalsh Road and during the conversation at the door the lady made a nice  remark about my appearance  and mother replied "yes, he's not backward at coming forward either". I squirmed a bit because I truly did not see what she was implying. It's true that I like to engage people in conversation because I need to continually learn things from them, even at age 80 plus, and  it's also an antidote to boredom. Ask and you shall receive, sit quietly in a corner and rarely will you be noticed or troubled and so  It's your choice in life. Had I been the non-restless type then I would not be here in Canada marvelling at what I see around me and learning things that I could never learn elsewhere.

Our team is young and  needs guidance and upliftment  and a helping hand as they mature. Primarily they need positive criticism , not negative put-downs and sneering. Some guys possibly need  to be dropped but only after a significant warning. Where they can't comply then the Manager must offer additional help and training and take a vital interest in the lad because he will then be aware that the Manager and others care about his progress and value his contribution to the club.     

a bout of writer's cramp coming soon sp?

Now, now, Caleyboy be nice! …….I'm relying on  up-and-coming smart guys like you to keep me on the right path as I continue to go downhill fast. I have, I see, about 3 times the number of posts that you have accomplished so there must be a grain of truth or wisdom in at least some of them. If you can  find one of those for me just let me know.

Anyway,  dinna fash yersel, you'll be a man before yer mither, I have no doubt. Your advice is sound and now I must retire into my shell and reflect, change and just fade away...…….. into the dreaded obscurity of "end-of-days ":.   AAAARGGGHHHH

• Funny 1