Scotty

8 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

A hugely entertaining game where we outplayed our opponents who were packed with Premiership players earning twice what our players are on or more. How on earth did Doran miss that chance towards the end ?

Anyway, loads of positives to take from today. The only negative being that the crowd was two thousand fewer than attended the first derby of the season in Dingwall.

If the good folk of Inverness want to retain full time football they really need to support the club with more enthusiasm.

No lack of support and enthusiasm though from those who were there especially those in the North Stand outsigning the visitors at the opposite end.

Onwards and upwards.

Ross county has a far bigger catchment area to gain fans from. Inverness is mainly just Inverness. I wouldn't say their team was full of premiership players as some of them have been relegated from that division.

5 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Ross county has a far bigger catchment area to gain fans from. Inverness is mainly just Inverness. I wouldn't say their team was full of premiership players as some of them have been relegated from that division.

A huge catchment area largely populated by sheep and deer.

• Funny 3

Great game of football really enjoyed it today great team performance stand outs were Calder, Ridgers , Rooney , Doran and Oakley great to have him back had he stayed on i think we would have won the game as i thought Daniel was quite poor when he came on Austin would of been a better choice. Think there has been too much hype over Daniel i don't think he is first team yet. Very poor officiating once again how the linesman never saw Billy offside when everyone in North stand did he cost us today on to next week in the words of Foran the win is coming ?

• Agree 5

40 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

i thought Daniel was quite poor when he came on

It was Jordan White that came on as a direct replacement for George.

I agree though about George. Had he stayed on I feel sure one of chances might have been put away.

I don't like binning one of our own but I think Jordan White is one of the poorest strikers we've ever had. On P & B a few weeks back a non-ICT fan called him the worst player in the league. A bit harsh maybe but the reality is that we need a better back-up for George. Our own young Daniel has great potential but still lacks physicality. Jordan is big but just doesn't seem to impose himself like you'd expect and seems completely unable to jump. Just throwing it out but ... would it be worth ICT trying to lure Shane Sutherland back from Elgin? Or try giving Nathan Austin a bit more game time to breed confidence and get back his goalscoring from end of last season?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Calder a stand out

He was my man of the match. Solid in defence, lightening pace tracking back and going forward, good timely tackles and sweet crosses into the box. Carl may struggle to get his place back on that performance.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, cif73 said:

It was Jordan White that came on as a direct replacement for George.

I agree though about George. Had he stayed on I feel sure one of chances might have been put away.

I don't like binning one of our own but I think Jordan White is one of the poorest strikers we've ever had. On P & B a few weeks back a non-ICT fan called him the worst player in the league. A bit harsh maybe but the reality is that we need a better back-up for George. Our own young Daniel has great potential but still lacks physicality. Jordan is big but just doesn't seem to impose himself like you'd expect and seems completely unable to jump. Just throwing it out but ... would it be worth ICT trying to lure Shane Sutherland back from Elgin? Or try giving Nathan Austin a bit more game time to breed confidence and get back his goalscoring from end of last season?

One of our most entertaining and positive performances of the season and some still take the opportunity to snipe at the latest scapegoat. Can you not be just a little more positive ?

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

One of our most entertaining and positive performances of the season and some still take the opportunity to snipe at the latest scapegoat. Can you not be just a little more positive ?

Is no one allowed to have an opinion? 

Just been reading the BBC sport report on the game today and the picture supplied of Rooney celebrating in front of the away supporters evident by the old man giving him the v in the stand and all the folk wearing county tops etc. This is the caption from eilidh davies the reporter. "Shaun Rooney celebrates his goal in front of the home support". Does this girl not understand football? The last report she did in dingwall at the last derby said the game was being played in Inverness. Not only that but reading further down her report we have apparently fallen down the table to 6th rather than staying 5th. Is the BBC just not giving a toss about football north of perth and hiring 15 year olds to do the reports on a national news site?

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 5

37 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Before the game I would have gladly taken that result and throughout/afterwards I was delighted with the efforts of the lads. Many deserved a specific mention ... Donaldson, Ridgers, Calder, Polworth, Oakley ... but that should be balanced with the fact that successful teams can eek out wins while playing badly. We were the better team and didn't win from numerous openings in the 2nd half. In a highly competitive league points really do mean prizes. I make no apology for looking for ways / personnel that can help us step up further. Plenty others have their doubts/frustrations with Jordan. Maybe you're content with mid table Championship for ever more but I'd like to see the team I love progress ... and I'm entitled to an opinion. 

Very proud to be a caley supporter, gave everything possible today. Showed county that we are their most difficult opponents yet, we don't give up easily and that's what I love about my team, we are one of the most stubborn resolute, hard to break down teams in the league and least we deserved was the draw, but in all honesty our team showed enough quality and fight to win that comfortably and we should all be very proud of all the boys tonight 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

Just been reading the BBC sport report on the game today and the picture supplied of Rooney celebrating in front of the away supporters evident by the old man giving him the v in the stand and all the folk wearing county tops etc. This is the caption from eilidh davies the reporter. "Shaun Rooney celebrates his goal in front of the home support". Does this girl not understand football? The last report she did in dingwall at the last derby said the game was being played in Inverness. Not only that but reading further down her report we have apparently fallen down the table to 6th rather than staying 5th. Is the BBC just not giving a toss about football north of perth and hiring 15 year olds to do the reports on a national news site?

Shes totally useless. Had the misfortune to listen to her on the radio last week too. She is a waste of a wage imho 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Yip but cif73 is right. Jordan White changed the game when he came on. He was less effective and made things easier for County. Saying that Doran and Polworth should have buried those chances. Hugely disappointed with the result.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ridgers : His left hand could stop Brexit

Calder : His crosses are superb. Shame Oakley was off the pitch for those last 30 mins

Oakley : Welcome back George you absolute collosus. 

Someone above asked how Doran missed that chance. To be fair, he was a fraction late getting to it. 

It was not as clear cut a chance as Polworth's. We were all celebrating that one, long before he missed the target. 

Trafford : Half time warm up showboating - 8/10

Edited by NorthStandNoob
  • Agree 1

Best game I have seen this season, and some stand out performances, how Ridgers managed to save that shot in the first half was outstanding,  also Calder was immense,  that lad has some engine. Great to have a mobile striker like Oakley back, he gave old Draper a torrid time, and Polworth had his best game in ages. We were right in line with McKay when he was offside, but the blind stand side linesman couldn't see it. Did anyone else see him sprint to the tunnel at half time,  it was hilarious? We could have and should have taken the three points but let's move on and keep the fine form going into the next game.

Great performance from the team today with stand outs in Ridgers and Calder. For the first time this season we managed to play well for 90 min and actually  looked like scoring a few goals. The gudgies had their chances but we were the better side over the  90 minutes . Also top marks to our fans behind the home end for their support to the team.

8 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Shes totally useless. Had the misfortune to listen to her on the radio last week too. She is a waste of a wage imho 

I would love to see more women in football but, sadly, she seems to lack even a basic knowledge of the game. There are some pretty poor reporters on Sportsound but she must be the worst.

• Agree 2

Very encouraged by all the positive reports from yesterday's game, Calder seems to have been the catalyst for some good stuff, maybe when Tremarco is fit he should be played further forward. Oakley has clearly been missed because there is a sense of a collective sigh of relief that he's now available...not sure whats happened to Austin, he looked so good at home to Dunfermline last season, but he rarely gets off the bench.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic