Scotty

A great game! Calder and Ridgers were outstanding. Great to see Oakley back. A mention for Chalmers, Welsh, Walsh and Polly, they a good game too. Young Daniel and White weren’t effective and Austin could have done better than either. McCart didn’t upset the Apple cart when replacing Rooney and Doran looked like his old self. The counter attack looked menacing, the fans were cheering the counter from our own box which was heartening for all concerned. The linesman is a joke however! 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

A great game! Calder and Ridgers were outstanding. Great to see Oakley back. A mention for Chalmers, Welsh, Walsh and Polly, they a good game too. Young Daniel and White weren’t effective and Austin could have done better than either. McCart didn’t upset the Apple cart when replacing Rooney and Doran looked like his old self. The counter attack looked menacing, the fans were cheering the counter from our own box which was heartening for all concerned. The linesman is a joke however! 

Totally agree i think McCart deserves a start he is too good to be sitting on the bench him and Coll would make a better pair at the back my other half calls Brad the Bombscare

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Shes totally useless. Had the misfortune to listen to her on the radio last week too. She is a waste of a wage imho 

I managed to contact her last time and pointed out the error but it was never fixed. I've heard her do a report on BBC score and she sounded clueless.

Edited by MorayJaggie

I thought that was an absolutely enthralling game. There was plenty of quality on show for most of the game and at times when the quality dropped away it was still end to end action, a good serving of chances for each side to get a winner, controversial moments and players getting it up the opposition fans.

From an ICT PoV it's massively disappointing we couldn't find a winner. I think we probably were the better team over the game but if you can't get the ball into the net then you can't complain too much if you don't bag the three points.

County took the lead when Lindsay found himself with time and space about 25 yards out to collect a pass, compose himself then dispatch a low drive into the net beyond Ridgers despairing grasp.  ICT were back in it moments later when Doran scampered down the left and crossed to Walsh at the back post and he headed the ball to Oakley who turned it in from a few yards out.

ICT then had a period of pressure where we forced a number of corners and after County cleared the last of them, Polworth (I think) was played in down the left flank and sent a low ball into the six yard box where it seemed to bobble about a bit before it was turned in by Rooney of all people. 

County were nearly back in it when a high ball to the back post found Mckay (Billy) towering above Mckay (Brad) to head towards goal but Ridgers, somehow, clawed the ball off the line. A truly outstanding save but Mckay wasn't too be denied and shortly after he had a hand in the equaliser. Vigurs split the ICT back line with a wonderful through ball into the channel and Mckay scampered after it and drilled the ball into the box where Mckay (Brad) slid in and diverted the ball into his own net. A poor goal to concede and I can't recall where Ridgers was as it looked like it would have been a pretty easy ball to gather for him. 

Into the second half and County started the better side and should have been a goal up when Vigurs found time and space at the back post to send a ball across the face of goal where everyone left it including Kelly who slid in at the other post and sent the ball wide with the goal gaping. ICT were not in at all but then had the best chance of the second half when one of the County defenders completely missed a through ball which allowed Doran to get in behind the away defence and he teed up Polworth who steadied himself and hit the post with Fox beaten. Easily the best chance that ICT would get to win the game or so we thought as Calder then sent in a delicious cross from the left flank which White just failed to connect with at the back post with Fox scrambling across his goal.

Again Inverness almost got a third when the County left side was exposed and MacKay (I think) crossed for Doran but the ball, again, was just ahead of the ICT player and as Doran slide in he couldn't get enough on the ball to steer it into the net. County then had a good chance of their own to grab a winner when Vigurs lifted a free kick into the box and it was met by Graham who headed it towards goal but Ridgers sprung into action and palmed it away.

A draw probably the fair result in a pretty breathtaking game. As I said at the start I think that's one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Was very happy with how ICT played. We got a lot of chance out of County down their right side, especially when we got in behind their right midfielder and right centre back. Calder had a great game defending well and sending in some great crosses. Chalmers had one of his best games for us and Polworth, despite missing that glorious chance in the second half, was everywhere and Vigurs was again left to hatchet tactics to stop him getting past him for the umpteenth time when he rugby tackled him to the ground. Donaldson was a class act at the back and Mckay (Brad) had a better second half at right back than he did first half in the centre. Great to see Rooney and Mckay (Billy) engage in some getting it right up the fans celebrations as well.

Can't wait for the next Derby next month after that.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Best game I have seen this season, and some stand out performances, how Ridgers managed to save that shot in the first half was outstanding,  also Calder was immense,  that lad has some engine. Great to have a mobile striker like Oakley back, he gave old Draper a torrid time, and Polworth had his best game in ages. We were right in line with McKay when he was offside, but the blind stand side linesman couldn't see it. Did anyone else see him sprint to the tunnel at half time,  it was hilarious? We could have and should have taken the three points but let's move on and keep the fine form going into the next game.

Aye, the Lino was like Usain Bolt.  Kwality. Hard fought draw; coulda, woulda, shoulda but we push on.  Great performance just gutted no home games now for ages.

Well can only echo what’s been said as it was an absolute perler of a game. I can’t comment on the offside from the angle I had, I called for it at the time but can’t say if it was but it did look like the linesman was 5 seconds behind the play. It’s hard to give a man of match as they all performed but that stop from Ridgers was Gordon Banks esq to get a strong enough hand to claw it past. On reflections Doran just couldn’t stretch enough even though I continued to scream how did he miss. I was disappointed in Polly’s effort as he had more time to pick and choose where he wanted to place it. Calder was immense and those crosses wow wicked every time just nobody to finish it up. I think the players need to have a little more belief as there were times when through balls or like calders free kick near the end, where players could have continued their runs and gambled. But nobody has beaten us even if a few too many draws and we are still only 3 behind 3rd place. If we can get a winning run together and then maybe if one or two additionals are available in jan (money dependant) then play like that every week and we should be in great shakes going into the promotion/play off mix

2 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Highlights show McKay is onside

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, RiG said:

We got a lot of chance out of County down their right side, especially when we got in behind their right midfielder and right centre back

This worked a lot better than how we played against the Pars midweek which seemed to be more through the middle. 

The Through ball for the 2nd County goal was offside  by at least a yard albeit the end result was an own goal

I had a blazing row with a County fan on my way to the car after the game

I shouted you should be ashamed to support such a team

all went quiet

I was really round up! , Although I am an old man I was ready for a punch up.  I was a bit of a boxer years ago.

• Funny 4
  • Facepalm 2

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

The through ball for the County second was perfectly timed as was the run by Mckay. He's clearly onside.

2018-11-04 (1).png

Sorry that doesnt prove he was onside. He looks to already be a leg and arm past coll and has the ball being struck yet? Zooming in he looks offside.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Sorry that doesnt prove he was onside. He looks to already be a leg and arm past coll and has the ball being struck yet? Zooming in he looks offside.

Can't score with an arm so doesn't matter if that's offside or not.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I thought that was an absolutely enthralling game. There was plenty of quality on show for most of the game and at times when the quality dropped away it was still end to end action, a good serving of chances for each side to get a winner, controversial moments and players getting it up the opposition fans.

From an ICT PoV it's massively disappointing we couldn't find a winner. I think we probably were the better team over the game but if you can't get the ball into the net then you can't complain too much if you don't bag the three points.

County took the lead when Lindsay found himself with time and space about 25 yards out to collect a pass, compose himself then dispatch a low drive into the net beyond Ridgers despairing grasp.  ICT were back in it moments later when Doran scampered down the left and crossed to Walsh at the back post and he headed the ball to Oakley who turned it in from a few yards out.

ICT then had a period of pressure where we forced a number of corners and after County cleared the last of them, Polworth (I think) was played in down the left flank and sent a low ball into the six yard box where it seemed to bobble about a bit before it was turned in by Rooney of all people. 

County were nearly back in it when a high ball to the back post found Mckay (Billy) towering above Mckay (Brad) to head towards goal but Ridgers, somehow, clawed the ball off the line. A truly outstanding save but Mckay wasn't too be denied and shortly after he had a hand in the equaliser. Vigurs split the ICT back line with a wonderful through ball into the channel and Mckay scampered after it and drilled the ball into the box where Mckay (Brad) slid in and diverted the ball into his own net. A poor goal to concede and I can't recall where Ridgers was as it looked like it would have been a pretty easy ball to gather for him. 

Into the second half and County started the better side and should have been a goal up when Vigurs found time and space at the back post to send a ball across the face of goal where everyone left it including Kelly who slid in at the other post and sent the ball wide with the goal gaping. ICT were not in at all but then had the best chance of the second half when one of the County defenders completely missed a through ball which allowed Doran to get in behind the away defence and he teed up Polworth who steadied himself and hit the post with Fox beaten. Easily the best chance that ICT would get to win the game or so we thought as Calder then sent in a delicious cross from the left flank which White just failed to connect with at the back post with Fox scrambling across his goal.

Again Inverness almost got a third when the County left side was exposed and MacKay (I think) crossed for Doran but the ball, again, was just ahead of the ICT player and as Doran slide in he couldn't get enough on the ball to steer it into the net. County then had a good chance of their own to grab a winner when Vigurs lifted a free kick into the box and it was met by Graham who headed it towards goal but Ridgers sprung into action and palmed it away.

A draw probably the fair result in a pretty breathtaking game. As I said at the start I think that's one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Was very happy with how ICT played. We got a lot of chance out of County down their right side, especially when we got in behind their right midfielder and right centre back. Calder had a great game defending well and sending in some great crosses. Chalmers had one of his best games for us and Polworth, despite missing that glorious chance in the second half, was everywhere and Vigurs was again left to hatchet tactics to stop him getting past him for the umpteenth time when he rugby tackled him to the ground. Donaldson was a class act at the back and Mckay (Brad) had a better second half at right back than he did first half in the centre. Great to see Rooney and Mckay (Billy) engage in some getting it right up the fans celebrations as well.

Can't wait for the next Derby next month after that.

Great report RiG miles better than the BBC 

2 hours ago, Laurence said:

The Through ball for the 2nd County goal was offside  by at least a yard albeit the end result was an own goal

all went quiet

I was really round up! , Although I am an old man I was ready for a punch up.  I was a bit of a boxer years ago.

We are generally quick enough to criticise our youngsters for such behaviour. The sort of conduct to be ashamed of at your age rather than boast about online.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

all went quiet

What do you mean by “such a team”?  It was a derby game and you can expect no quarter to be given. I didn’t see anything particularly underhand in the way County played. I have seen several teams this season at the TCS which have bent the rules a lot more than County. I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable game played with passion but in a generally good spirit.

A great advert for Championship football and a good game for some good natured banter with opposition fans after the game. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

all went quiet

I can’t help thinking of the “Do you wasn’t some? I’ll give it ya” guy. 

• Funny 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic