Scotty

8 hours ago, RiG said:

I thought that was an absolutely enthralling game. There was plenty of quality on show for most of the game and at times when the quality dropped away it was still end to end action, a good serving of chances for each side to get a winner, controversial moments and players getting it up the opposition fans.

From an ICT PoV it's massively disappointing we couldn't find a winner. I think we probably were the better team over the game but if you can't get the ball into the net then you can't complain too much if you don't bag the three points.

County took the lead when Lindsay found himself with time and space about 25 yards out to collect a pass, compose himself then dispatch a low drive into the net beyond Ridgers despairing grasp.  ICT were back in it moments later when Doran scampered down the left and crossed to Walsh at the back post and he headed the ball to Oakley who turned it in from a few yards out.

ICT then had a period of pressure where we forced a number of corners and after County cleared the last of them, Polworth (I think) was played in down the left flank and sent a low ball into the six yard box where it seemed to bobble about a bit before it was turned in by Rooney of all people. 

County were nearly back in it when a high ball to the back post found Mckay (Billy) towering above Mckay (Brad) to head towards goal but Ridgers, somehow, clawed the ball off the line. A truly outstanding save but Mckay wasn't too be denied and shortly after he had a hand in the equaliser. Vigurs split the ICT back line with a wonderful through ball into the channel and Mckay scampered after it and drilled the ball into the box where Mckay (Brad) slid in and diverted the ball into his own net. A poor goal to concede and I can't recall where Ridgers was as it looked like it would have been a pretty easy ball to gather for him. 

Into the second half and County started the better side and should have been a goal up when Vigurs found time and space at the back post to send a ball across the face of goal where everyone left it including Kelly who slid in at the other post and sent the ball wide with the goal gaping. ICT were not in at all but then had the best chance of the second half when one of the County defenders completely missed a through ball which allowed Doran to get in behind the away defence and he teed up Polworth who steadied himself and hit the post with Fox beaten. Easily the best chance that ICT would get to win the game or so we thought as Calder then sent in a delicious cross from the left flank which White just failed to connect with at the back post with Fox scrambling across his goal.

Again Inverness almost got a third when the County left side was exposed and MacKay (I think) crossed for Doran but the ball, again, was just ahead of the ICT player and as Doran slide in he couldn't get enough on the ball to steer it into the net. County then had a good chance of their own to grab a winner when Vigurs lifted a free kick into the box and it was met by Graham who headed it towards goal but Ridgers sprung into action and palmed it away.

A draw probably the fair result in a pretty breathtaking game. As I said at the start I think that's one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Was very happy with how ICT played. We got a lot of chance out of County down their right side, especially when we got in behind their right midfielder and right centre back. Calder had a great game defending well and sending in some great crosses. Chalmers had one of his best games for us and Polworth, despite missing that glorious chance in the second half, was everywhere and Vigurs was again left to hatchet tactics to stop him getting past him for the umpteenth time when he rugby tackled him to the ground. Donaldson was a class act at the back and Mckay (Brad) had a better second half at right back than he did first half in the centre. Great to see Rooney and Mckay (Billy) engage in some getting it right up the fans celebrations as well.

Can't wait for the next Derby next month after that.

excellent report ,was a great game to watch and as you say a draw was probably the fairest result.

A marked improvement on our Alloa performance and some solid performances all over the park.  Mark Ridgers really has gone from strength to strength after a relatively shaky start last season and had a couple of wonder saves on Saturday which got us out of jail.   Perhaps a draw was a fair result but I left the ground thinking they were very much there for the taking. Disappointing to see so many empty seats on the highlights, felt busier than it looked in the North Stand and a good atmosphere throughout.  Roll on 29th December up at Dingwall.   Got to kick on now and start turning these draws into wins

• Agree 2

Have to say Rooney took his goal well! That's three for the season now (better going forward than defending perhaps?). Given how things started last season it's good to see how Ridgers, Oakley and Calder have grown in the fans affections as being decent players. Donaldson has questions marks against him when he first came but dispelled that pretty quickly...I still rather wish we had been able to keep Bell as I think he did offer something different up front.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Have to say Rooney took his goal well! That's three for the season now (better going forward than defending perhaps?). Given how things started last season it's good to see how Ridgers, Oakley and Calder have grown in the fans affections as being decent players. Donaldson has questions marks against him when he first came but dispelled that pretty quickly...I still rather wish we had been able to keep Bell as I think he did offer something different up front.

There's a joke in there somewhere about a Bell end product, but I'll leave it for someone else to make!

10 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Could'nt agree more, these three are certainly fans favourites now, and Bell gave us energy and different option going forward.

Edited by Jaggernaut

10 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Calder is undroppable right now.

We should be getting him up the park and giving him the ball as much as possible.  

7 hours ago, NorthStandNoob said:

Calder is undroppable right now.

We should be getting him up the park and giving him the ball as much as possible. 

Some of the crosses he put in on Saturday were outrageous. I thought defensively he had an excellent game as well. Totally nullified Mullins.

1 hour ago, bigman said:

At last a performance  to be proud of. Its another  draw but played with great  spirit and determination thats all we can ask for. It time to kick on.

Problem is, I thought exactly that after the last county game... Yet the following games were.... Well go without saying really ?

Now that was a  terrific game   (viewing highlights).

There is not much wrong with these young players. Lots of encouragement and a little critical guidance  is all that is required now. and  ICT will be world-beaters. The speed of the game has increased exponentially (I don't really know what that last word means but It sounds good eh?) .However the boys must train very hard so that they can sustain the pace for 90 minutes,. This is imperative :---- 

This year, after a rather dismal showing last year, the Vancouver Canucks ice hockey team have decided to go with youth--speed, skill  and endurance and they have they been active in bringing in the best players from around the world.  The Colorado Avalanche are no slouches and have great skill and experience and they were the visitors to Vancouver. The final score was 7-6 in f/o the Canucks. It was also probably the fastest, most hotly-contested match I have ever seen to date. What a game!!  What goals!  and what skill and intensity was  on display .  No wonder the roof nearly came off when, in overtime, the Canucks managed to beat the clock by one minute and score the winner. 25,000 fans going mad and both teams walked off the ice  as friends despite some very hard hits during the game.

Just a thought.:ictscarf:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I've finally watched the highlights on the link on the club website.

From my seat, I was convinced Mckay was offside in the build up to the equaliser. Watching the footage, even with the red line on the replay, I'm really not sure: it was very tight.

Both our finishes were very well taken.

With today's win and the County performance, I'm feeling positive about the season.  We won't win the league, but top four should be in our sights.

• Like 1