Consecutive draws

DWH

There's another thread on draws.  Below is what I wrote on that.

"Someone asked on another thread whether 5 draws in a row was some kind of record.  Now we have 6 in a row so I did a quick Google search.  It appears that the record for consecutive draws in the history of the Scottish league  is 7.  A record held by St Johnstone.  A draw against County would see us equal that and, of course, break our own record for games unbeaten.  On a less positive note, 6 draws means we are also 6 games without a win.  Our record winless streak is just 12 games so that is one record we don't want to get any closer to.

In the English league, the record is 8 consecutive draws.  Several teams share that record, most recently Swansea in the Championship in 2008/9.  I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the record might be a bit more than that."

So yesterday I believe we equalled the all time Scottish record for consecutive draws as well as beating our unbeaten run record which now stands at 23.

Sorry : didn't look far enough down the topic list. Thought we might be getting near a record.

As someone else said, a lot of these draws have been against teams we really should be beating : don't want to end up playing catch up as we did last year eventually running out of matches.