Riccardo Calder Assault

MorayJaggie

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 1:31 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Not exactly defending his actions, and unfortunate to see him go, but surely there's more to the story. He's a decent lad doubt he'd go ahead and clobber someone over a fender bender. And also, it's confusing, because correct me if I'm wrong, but werent Danny Williams and another player (forget who, may have been Doran) done by the police for a fight or something in the city centre?

Here is the video. Judge for yourself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-aston-villa-player-batters-13786550?x4

3 minutes ago, Satan said:

Poor lad, seems he's been hard done by.

?

A sustained, serious and unprovoked assault on a young woman which he then tried to blame on her.

I have to disagree. He may have been on previous good character but a custodial sentence was the only suitable disposal.

That said, I sincerely hope that he is able to resume his career elsewhere when he's released having, hopefully, had time to reflect on the gravity of his actions and their impact on his victim.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1301170333364243&id=143233165824638

Not sure if the link will work or not, but here's CCTV footage of the incident.

Once again, I still don't approve of his actions, but the media didn't report anything about her almost knocking him down, flooring it into the back of his car, or multiple opportunities to speed out of the car park and call the police...rather it reporting that he had leaped out of the car and started clobbering her because of a small bump. But she is certainly not 100% innocent in this story.

Wholly, his sacking is justifiable, and I do apologise for any offence in my previous post on this thread, as when I had posted that, the reports seemed rather light and not handing enough evidence.

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

Having watched that footage several times, it looks to me like he strikes her twice before she reverses her car prior to hitting his car. At the start of the video, as he stands by her window he makes two sudden movements constant with striking her. 

Totally understandable that she panics while reversing and possibly drives into his car while in a panic and possibly injured. 

In my mind he's lucky he never got  longer sentence.