ICT SUPPORTERS TRUST : AGM ADJOURNED

CaleyD

IHE -- Very good summing up m'lad.

And if there is one thing that we  should, have learned from all this  up -and- down history is that unless the coffers are full enough to withstand adversity, and a really professional team can be  assembled that can hold their own in the Premiership,  all the money in China will not allow us to hold our own for long and remain in the Premiership.

There must be knowledge, footie wisdom and  realism shared by the majority of the Board so that they can steer the ship in accordance with well-worn past principles . Right now there does not seem to be this  in place and therefore who is going to steer the ship if we do enter the rarefied atmosphere of the Premiership? After all,  it is the Board who must make the decisions and the fans can't do this for them. Neither can J R who appears to have his own hands full at this time and is doing as well ad he can  with, frankly, limited  resources. Thank goodness he is here to :tumbleweed:shoulder much of the responsibility because from my standpoint I honestly can't say that I have seen much of  anything from the Board to assure us all that they know what is needed, how and when this process of  upward advancement can be hastened and what their future plans are for this to succeed.? And has any one of our current Board had any past association with any professional football team at any time in their past lives? 

If John R were to quit who would they bring in to replace him? And, if they simply did not have a clue as to where to start,  then to whom would they turn?  Santa Clause is getting old and past it and the Bank will not suggest anything of value other than " fold up the tent and pay us back dearies.

The spirit in this team appears to stem from John Robertson and the enthusiasm of  youth who want success for the team but probably do not yet have the ingrained wisdom and management capabilities that normally can only be gleaned by direct exposure to the charms and  disappointments of  wrapping the management blanket round their young and robust shoulders.

This situation troubles me and I hope my worst fears never come to fruition. 

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And going back to the original topic. How did the rearranged AGM go last night ?

The meeting took place last night with 11 members present.  As this was an adjourned AGM, the Rules allow for the meeting to take place despite not having the numbers present which would normally constitute a quorum. There were 2 main items to report.  Firstly, the meeting approved the revised Rules which had previously been registered with the Financial Conduct Authority but without the consent of the membership.  Having the Rules now formally approved puts the Trust on a firmer constitutional footing.

Secondly, Don Johnstone informed the meeting that for personal reasons, he was withdrawing his nomination for re-election to the Trust Board.  Don has put in a huge amount of effort and done a brilliant job in leading the efforts to get the Trust Board to a position where it can kick on and be an effective voice in representing the supporters of ICT.  The meeting thanked Don for all his efforts and wished him well in pursuing other priorities in his life.

Other Board members standing for re-election were duly affirmed in post.  The Board will meet in early January when the office bearers will be confirmed.  In the meantime, Jennifer Aitchison, Kath Fraser and I will continue in our respective roles of Secretary, Treasurer and Vice-Chair so that the Board can continue with the work in hand.

Board members will be present at the desk at the far end of the Sports Bar prior to the Dundee Utd game on Saturday.  If anyone wants to come along and hear a little more about what the Trust is up to or have some issues that you feel the Trust should be aware of, then we would be delighted if you would come and have a chat with us.

Each year, at least one third of Board members must step down and submit themselves for re-election if they wish to continue on the Board.

Ewan Macrae and I (Peter Mutton) stood down and were re-elected.

Jennifer Aitchison and Lynne Macdonald had previously been co-opted members but stood for election and were elected.

Kath Fraser, Laura Grant and Stewart Murdoch remain on the Board.

So, maybe its because I've not been following this thread too closely, but , for my sake,  please can you explain to me what the structure of the Board  now  is? ie  Who chairs it,  who is secretary, who are the other board members.?  And a brief outline of the Board's function and  objectives would be helpful, including how it interfaces with  ICT, the club.

If you look at the names they are all ICT "stalwarts", all committed to the club. IMHO that suffices the job specification. To me the first task of the new board is to get the Board on board and stop us all from being bored. Now to me, given recent history, that is more down to Crook and Rae. They have no perceived, personal blocks anymore so it is now down to them to participate. And it appears that a very difficult but honourable decision had to be made by one dogged indivdual. :clapoverhead:

20 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

If you look at the names they are all ICT "stalwarts", all committed to the club. IMHO that suffices the job specification. To me the first task of the new board is to get the Board on board and stop us all from being bored. Now to me, given recent history, that is more down to Crook and Rae. They have no perceived, personal blocks anymore so it is now down to them to participate. And it appears that a very difficult but honourable decision had to be made by one dogged indivdual. :clapoverhead:

Absolutely all stalwarts with a long association with the club in a number of different areas. A good mix. 

and as for the dogged individual, yes indeed, like an old avatar of his, he is like a dog with a bone when his dander is up. He has served the club in a number of ways over the years and his stated aim at the start of this process was never to stay on the board forever, but to help in getting it back on a steady footing. He feels he has been able to help with that and knows he has stepped down with the stewardship in good hands. I dont think it was a particularly difficult decision for him, but yes it was honourable.  Fair play to Don though, he has been on a personal journey that has seen him transform many areas of his life in the last few years and personally, I think he deserves a break from all the bullshit he has had to endure from multiple angles. He has been demonised on here a few times, and elsewhere, but despite all this he stuck to his guns. That is to be admired or respected not ridiculed whether you agree with him or not. His extremely direct style may not please everyone but one thing is for sure, you do know where you stand with him ... think I can safely say that after a multi-year partnership with him on here and our hosting business. I wish him nothing but success as he seeks new challenges.  

• Agree 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:33 AM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

So, maybe its because I've not been following this thread too closely, but , for my sake,  please can you explain to me what the structure of the Board  now  is? ie  Who chairs it,  who is secretary, who are the other board members.?  And a brief outline of the Board's function and  objectives would be helpful, including how it interfaces with  ICT, the club.

Jennifer Aitchison is Secretary, Kath Fraser is Treasurer and I am Vice Chair.  Don was Chair and therefore as he decided to step away from the Board, we currently have nobody officially as Chair.  In line with standard practice, the appointment of Office Bearers will be on the agenda of the first meeting of the Board after the AGM.  This will take place early in January and we will communicate the key points from that meeting in due course.  The other Board Members are Laura Grant, Lynne Macdonald,  Ewan Macrae and Stewart Murdoch.  Laura is representing the Trust on the group organising the celebrations for the club's 25 anniversary.

The objectives of the Trust are dictated by Supporters Direct and are defined as:-

"The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by:
4.1 being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and
strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities which it serves;
4.2 achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running
and ownership of the Club;
4.3 promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and
future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to
do the same;
4.4 operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial
responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;
4.5 being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all
supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability,
sexuality or religious or moral belief."

As you will be aware, the Supporters Trust had been largely inactive for a while prior to the calling of an EGM in May.  Following that, the new Board has focussed on getting the Board back on to a sound constitutional footing, sorting out the membership lists and getting a website up and running. The aim was to get this done prior to the AGM and this has been achieved.  The Board is now in a position to consider how to move forward and will start to pro-actively consider how it does that at the next meeting.  

More information on the Trust Board and its activities to date can be found on our website 

https://ict.supporterstrust.org/

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Is there somewhere for these topics to go, ie their own sub forum as they are taking up too much space on the pinned topics.

The Trust Board will be meeting on the 10th Jan when a new Chair will be elected.  Can I suggest that the new Chair gets in touch with you and Scotty in the New Year to discuss how best to place threads relating to the Trust on CTO?

• CaleyD unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Just to let folk know that at the Supporters Trust Board meeting on Thursday, Stewart Murdoch was elected unopposed as the new Chair.  Other office bearers are as before.  Current line up therefore is as follows

Chair:  Stewart Murdoch

Vice Chair:  Peter Mutton 

Secretary:  Jennifer Aitchison

Treasurer:  Kath Fraser

Laura Grant, Lynne Macdonald and Ewan Macrae  are the other members of the team.

We are currently having some discussion about how the Board should communicate both with members and the wider fan base.  Updates on that and the activities of the Board will follow in due course.

• Like 1