CaleyD

ICT SUPPORTERS TRUST : AGM ADJOURNED

On 12/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To kick it off I doubt whether any of us, even given the availability of a Tardis, would have changed one bit of the post merger histories of Caledonian and Inverness Thistle - from the agonies and soul searching of the initial post merger years through the unbelievable climb up the leagues, the momentous giant killings en route, culminating in a Scottish Cup victory and a surreal jaunt, albeit brief, into what many of us would have termed the UEFA Fairs Cup. As we progressed we were undoubtedly abetted, financially backed (perhaps saved) by injections of cash by a number of previous Board members and one in particular. But to me the Boards were blinded by the light, they spent in an attempt to try and secure a position which was probably well above our potential without a bonafide Sugar Daddy. To me their biggest downfall was that they were "weak". They rolled over like starstruck puppies when played with by the likes of Brewster, moreso Butcher and again by Yogi. Three very big egotistical control freaks. To me Brewster had many positives but he was aloof. Butcher is a textbook narcissist which augured well at the off. We will never be associated by a bigger name in our history. He became the Mr ICT of the media and he wallowed in it. He brought in players through his name and reputation and was abetted by the one of the best scouting system ever in Scottish football. But he was ruthless and his personality scared the crap out of the Board. He probably started off our rise to the top but he also put us on a perilous financial slope. When the Board had a fit of realism and tried to pull back the reins he fecked off and in true narcissistic fashion didn't give a feck what he left behind. So what did the Board do. They brought in a manager in the same vein and allowed him to repeat the process. Although it was feckin great and he also had his strengths. But we continued to overspend and whos fault is that ?

Now that is why I get so frustrated over the criticism of the current Board. Yvonne Crook knows more about Marks and Spencers shopping ranges than football. Graham Rae probably thinks penalties are called free throws and you get three points for scoring a free kick from outside the designated box. They were brought in primariy to sort out the finances which is evidently a rotten and difficult task which probably annoys many at the Dump. But they appear to be getting there. Robbo is forthright and has a more personable and stable personality. He is a true communicator and knows his limits. Why is he still here ? Shure the Board were lacking in the communication skills but they have taken on Board people to carry out those roles for them. They take a back seat and let Robbo and the locally sourced Backroom staff to instill the "play for the shirt mentality". Scotty alludes to the future ambition. Of course it simply has to be an eventual  return to the Premiership but stabilizing the finances and solidifying a place in the Championship has to be the initial goal. We have become accustomed to success but perhaps the realization is that a return to the Premiership may take a number of seasons and is dependent on an influx of extra finance.

MERRY FECKIN XMAS

Your first paragraph is a rewriting of history through your own bias. Had we not got rid of JH we would never have been relegated. RF was unproven at ANY level an act of folly by the board who thought they knew something about football. Were you by chance one of those who was cheer leading for Foran?  You reap what you sow,.

• Facepalm 1

Wonder how many "likes" that you will get ? We all have our personal opinions and you are entitled to yours and your evident bias. Of course RF was a mistake but that was a financially based decision as well. I would bet you that my perspective is more supported than yours - a responsible bet of course. Were you at the AGM tonight ?

54 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Your first paragraph is a rewriting of history through your own bias. Had we not got rid of JH we would never have been relegated. RF was unproven at ANY level an act of folly by the board who thought they knew something about football. Were you by chance one of those who was cheer leading for Foran?  You reap what you sow,.

Please. Foran was ****, though most obviously wanted him to succeed still feared the worst (which was sadly realised) however being revisionist is something you are guilty of. We didn't get rid of JH to get RF in that's not what happened at all. We wanted to keep him, hence why we didn't allow him to speak to Dundee United. It all deteriorated after that though with his repeated slagging of the board publicly. That's only going to end one way, with his sacking. 

Foran was a mistake, a huge one no doubt and I said as much once to Kenny Cameron in that I felt he wasn't ready for such a role. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wynthank15 said:

What odds will you give me ?

On 12/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To kick it off I doubt whether any of us, even given the availability of a Tardis, would have changed one bit of the post merger histories of Caledonian and Inverness Thistle - from the agonies and soul searching of the initial post merger years through the unbelievable climb up the leagues, the momentous giant killings en route, culminating in a Scottish Cup victory and a surreal jaunt, albeit brief, into what many of us would have termed the UEFA Fairs Cup. As we progressed we were undoubtedly abetted, financially backed (perhaps saved) by injections of cash by a number of previous Board members and one in particular. But to me the Boards were blinded by the light, they spent in an attempt to try and secure a position which was probably well above our potential without a bonafide Sugar Daddy. To me their biggest downfall was that they were "weak". They rolled over like starstruck puppies when played with by the likes of Brewster, moreso Butcher and again by Yogi. Three very big egotistical control freaks. To me Brewster had many positives but he was aloof. Butcher is a textbook narcissist which augured well at the off. We will never be associated by a bigger name in our history. He became the Mr ICT of the media and he wallowed in it. He brought in players through his name and reputation and was abetted by the one of the best scouting system ever in Scottish football. But he was ruthless and his personality scared the crap out of the Board. He probably started off our rise to the top but he also put us on a perilous financial slope. When the Board had a fit of realism and tried to pull back the reins he fecked off and in true narcissistic fashion didn't give a feck what he left behind. So what did the Board do. They brought in a manager in the same vein and allowed him to repeat the process. Although it was feckin great and he also had his strengths. But we continued to overspend and whos fault is that ?

Now that is why I get so frustrated over the criticism of the current Board. Yvonne Crook knows more about Marks and Spencers shopping ranges than football. Graham Rae probably thinks penalties are called free throws and you get three points for scoring a free kick from outside the designated box. They were brought in primariy to sort out the finances which is evidently a rotten and difficult task which probably annoys many at the Dump. But they appear to be getting there. Robbo is forthright and has a more personable and stable personality. He is a true communicator and knows his limits. Why is he still here ? Shure the Board were lacking in the communication skills but they have taken on Board people to carry out those roles for them. They take a back seat and let Robbo and the locally sourced Backroom staff to instill the "play for the shirt mentality". Scotty alludes to the future ambition. Of course it simply has to be an eventual  return to the Premiership but stabilizing the finances and solidifying a place in the Championship has to be the initial goal. We have become accustomed to success but perhaps the realization is that a return to the Premiership may take a number of seasons and is dependent on an influx of extra finance.

MERRY FECKIN XMAS

My goodness!

I had no idea you were capable of such wisdom!!!

IHE -- Very good summing up m'lad.

And if there is one thing that we  should, have learned from all this  up -and- down history is that unless the coffers are full enough to withstand adversity, and a really professional team can be  assembled that can hold their own in the Premiership,  all the money in China will not allow us to hold our own for long and remain in the Premiership.

There must be knowledge, footie wisdom and  realism shared by the majority of the Board so that they can steer the ship in accordance with well-worn past principles . Right now there does not seem to be this  in place and therefore who is going to steer the ship if we do enter the rarefied atmosphere of the Premiership? After all,  it is the Board who must make the decisions and the fans can't do this for them. Neither can J R who appears to have his own hands full at this time and is doing as well ad he can  with, frankly, limited  resources. Thank goodness he is here to :tumbleweed:shoulder much of the responsibility because from my standpoint I honestly can't say that I have seen much of  anything from the Board to assure us all that they know what is needed, how and when this process of  upward advancement can be hastened and what their future plans are for this to succeed.? And has any one of our current Board had any past association with any professional football team at any time in their past lives? 

If John R were to quit who would they bring in to replace him? And, if they simply did not have a clue as to where to start,  then to whom would they turn?  Santa Clause is getting old and past it and the Bank will not suggest anything of value other than " fold up the tent and pay us back dearies.

The spirit in this team appears to stem from John Robertson and the enthusiasm of  youth who want success for the team but probably do not yet have the ingrained wisdom and management capabilities that normally can only be gleaned by direct exposure to the charms and  disappointments of  wrapping the management blanket round their young and robust shoulders.

This situation troubles me and I hope my worst fears never come to fruition. 

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And going back to the original topic. How did the rearranged AGM go last night ?

The meeting took place last night with 11 members present.  As this was an adjourned AGM, the Rules allow for the meeting to take place despite not having the numbers present which would normally constitute a quorum. There were 2 main items to report.  Firstly, the meeting approved the revised Rules which had previously been registered with the Financial Conduct Authority but without the consent of the membership.  Having the Rules now formally approved puts the Trust on a firmer constitutional footing.

Secondly, Don Johnstone informed the meeting that for personal reasons, he was withdrawing his nomination for re-election to the Trust Board.  Don has put in a huge amount of effort and done a brilliant job in leading the efforts to get the Trust Board to a position where it can kick on and be an effective voice in representing the supporters of ICT.  The meeting thanked Don for all his efforts and wished him well in pursuing other priorities in his life.

Other Board members standing for re-election were duly affirmed in post.  The Board will meet in early January when the office bearers will be confirmed.  In the meantime, Jennifer Aitchison, Kath Fraser and I will continue in our respective roles of Secretary, Treasurer and Vice-Chair so that the Board can continue with the work in hand.

Board members will be present at the desk at the far end of the Sports Bar prior to the Dundee Utd game on Saturday.  If anyone wants to come along and hear a little more about what the Trust is up to or have some issues that you feel the Trust should be aware of, then we would be delighted if you would come and have a chat with us.