Scotty

43 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To be honest apart from the missed header by Oakley and the late pathetic 1-1 fluffed chance for Partick those were the feckin highlights !!

tbf you are absolutly correct,didnt think it was a great performance at all.Thats why I will  continue to bang on about changing formation.

I understand that on Saturday it was difficult to do so with losing Calder, having Tremarco and Rooney injured, however we really need to be looking to change to a formation that is a bit more attacking as we are allowing teams to have a real go at us with the existing formation. Sometimes attack is the best method of defence.

Partick should have been out of sight in the first half ,and they are a team who have been rubbish recently.

Thank God for Ridgers because the defence just got opened up again so easily at times. Also it was interesting to see you only gave a 2 to Oakley ,but that dosent make him a bad player, but highlights the difficulty of the position of playing one up on his own, we have 3 good strikers on our books surely we have to start utilising them properly.

Having said It was a brilliant victory and a wonderful goal from Walsh ,good to see midfielders chipping in with goals.

Wins are what we want no doubt about it ,hopefully we can start to be a bit more confident in ourselves and really go for teams and get some decent wins on board , after all we are 24 games unbeaten which is no mean feat at all.

A win at Queens with a good performance would put us in a great position going forward.

Edited by Gregor

Yip Oakley was surrounded by Partick defenders and never really got a chance. And he is not the paciest of players either. When we have been away in previous seasons we have had pace to burn when counter-attacking. Polly has that drive but Trafford and Walsh are more of holding players - Doran hasn't got the pace any more whereas Walsh frustrated me as he looks as if he really could take players on but didn't as much as he should have on Saturday. I thought Doran was tried in a number 10 position. I think that polly would suit that better and play wee McKay wide right.

Great to see a win at last but reading the reports doesn't sound like a great team performance. At least we are back in the top 4 but a bit of a gap to Ayr who seem pretty strong. The Arabs are also beginning to get their act together.

We really need to step up a couple of gears and stringing a few wins together (including the upcoming match at Somerset Park).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DWH said:

Great to see a win at last but reading the reports doesn't sound like a great team performance. At least we are back in the top 4 but a bit of a gap to Ayr who seem pretty strong. The Arabs are also beginning to get their act together.

We really need to step up a couple of gears and stringing a few wins together (including the upcoming match at Somerset Park).

Yeah agreed both the next two meetings with ayr are a must win if we want to stay in the title challenge.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic