Scotty

1 minute ago, bughtmaster said:

What a brilliant fight back.......... fantastic..... now for some more wins with that attitude.

So many draws lately have felt like defeats. This one definitely feels like a win.

However, subject to the views of this who were in attendance and well done to them for making the journey, is it legitimate to ask why, on the face of it, we only really turned up after we were three goals in arrears ?

Well that feels like a win!! What a poor poor 1st half, Donaldson was the best player by far and that says a lot. As soon as Trafford went off we started playing football, he was god awful!!!! Ridgers was Poir for the 2nd goal  and queens well deserved to be 3-0 up.

Great resilience from the boys and hopefully that can inspire the team. 

Trafford needs to be dropped though!!!

Toss-up for MoM between big Coll and Polly who was involved in everything. Sean Welsh and Jamie McCart not far behind. Last half hour was like the good old days when Pele was in charge. However the first 60 minutes are best forgotten. Plenty possession but very little creativity. Have to agree about Trafford, never been a fan.

Credit to Robbo for throwing the subs on and going for it. George had very few scraps to live on and the debate about which strikers should start is no nearer being solved, as White actually did reasonably well when he came on. Austin might have nicked it at the end.

We’d be some team if we played at that tempo every week for say 70 minutes instead of 30. Let’s not kid ourselves though, even with Tremarco and Rooney and the mythical Beith available, we need a really commanding Draper-like CM to replace Trafford and a proven goalscorer. And somebody mentioned that Doran might be finished. Sadly, reluctantly  I’d have to agree. 

Did everybody notice that Edinburgh City came back from 2 goals down to beat Alloa on pens?

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 3

Sounds like a good mix of resilience, guts and determination - great job! Like Pele's good old comeback days right enough Mantis, I remember the 3-0 down at half-time to Ayr ending 3-3, and of course the cracker at Livi where we didn't quite make it. Seems like we ain't gonna do anymore boring 0-0s...

Said this on Twitter earlier...but if the board are serious about making a push for promotion this season, then they need to find a way to increase Robbo's budget in January so a couple more players can be brought in...he and the squad have earned it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Toss-up for MoM between big Coll and Polly who was involved in everything. Sean Welsh and Jamie McCart not far behind. Last half hour was like the good old days when Pele was in charge. However the first 60 minutes are best forgotten. Plenty possession but very little creativity. Have to agree about Trafford, never been a fan.

Credit to Robbo for throwing the subs on and going for it. George had very few scraps to live on and the debate about which strikers should start is no nearer being solved, as White actually did reasonably well when he came on. Austin might have nicked it at the end.

We’d be some team if we played at that tempo every week for say 70 minutes instead of 30. Let’s not kid ourselves though, even with Tremarco and Rooney and the mythical Beith available, we need a really commanding Draper-like CM to replace Trafford and a proven goalscorer. And somebody mentioned that Doran might be finished. Sadly, reluctantly  I’d have to agree. 

Did everybody notice that Edinburgh City came back from 2 goals down to beat Alloa on pens?

Tremendous fightback today! always love our trips to Palmerston.

Regarding doran i agree that he's a shadow of player now and that hurts me to say that, on his day he was amazing but i just can't see him getting anywhere near that level again. 

Below is a quote from a Queen of South Fan taken from pie and bovril

" We really should have been out of sight with the number of good chances we created before  JR changed the game.

I was both surprised and relieved to see White and Austin on the bench today but boy, did they make a difference when introduced.

Fair play to JR as he must have thought we have nothing to lose, let's go for it and see where it takes us."

Hopefully Robbo goes two up top  next week v Edinburgh City

Well done to all the team today 

fantastic fightback.

Edited by Gregor

That was good crack.

Got to admit that I assumed that our chickens were coming home to roost after a few decent results despite dodgy performances recently. We were clearly second best against Dundee Utd, Alloa and in the first half against Partick, and yesterday Queens again played the better football in the first half, and then absolutely tore us apart for about 20 mins at the start of the second. Up until he scored, Dykes didn't impress me all that much, but after that I thought he was superb. When Dobbie finally got his goal against us, I assumed that the unbeaten run was coming to an end, and deservedly so. Ridgers, uncharacteristically, looked shaky, Charlie Trafford's touch and distribution in the middle of the park were miles off (again) and the team as a whole looked like it was scared of taking any risks. It only changed once Trafford and Oakley went off and we went to 4-4-2, and when Walsh and Polworth seemed to start playing without fear after it went to 3-0. Both were superb, and hopefully they'll take that into the Falkirk and Ayr games, as we can't keep starting games so hesitantly and still expect to get results.  Great to see young Roddy McGregor get a run at the end, and he almost helped to set up a winner for Austin at the death after some superb interplay with Polworth cutting through Queens in the middle of the park. Definitely looks a player.

Agree, sadly, with the comments about Doran. He seems to have lost both pace and confidence. He's got the talent to tear this division apart, but I don't know whether it's just injuries taking their toll or something psychological. If he can't regain form over the rest of the season, then Robbo might have some hard thinking to do.

John Roberson made this quote on BBC sport

"

Inverness CT manager John Robertson: "For 70 minutes Queen of the South should have been six or seven nothing up.

"They were the best team, they outfought us, they outplayed us, they outrun us, they bullied us, they played some magnificent football.

"We got a goal out of nothing, and then we get another quick goal and you think we might have a wee chance here, and then we get a penalty."

As has already been said we only showed up for the last 30 minutes after with the game seemingly out of sight. A lot of our players were claiming handball for the first goal with Ridgers seeming to suggest that Dykes bundled it over the line with his hand. Whilst it would be a shame if that's what happened our defending was so abysmal leading up to that goal we probably deserved to concede a goal anyway. The second strike wasn't much better from our point of view. Trafford (I think) lost the ball in the middle and it was quickly launched forward to Dobbie who stole into a massive gap at the back with our players out of position. Ridgers half came, half stayed and Dobbie took advantage of his indecision to slide the ball past him and it was three not long after as we again failed at defending and couldn't clear the ball which was picked up by Todd and he dispatched a beautiful curling shot past Ridgers. Game over as far as I was concerned.

But seemingly from nowhere we got back into it when Mccart rose highest to head home a free kick and this was followed not long after by Walsh who sent a ball into the box which evaded everyone and nestled in the net. The Queens keeper, having barely been tested all game, was looking exceptionally suspect. The third duly arrived via a Welsh spot kick. Not sure what it ewas awarded for but the fact that very few QotS players challenged the decision suggests it was a fair decision.  We almost won it with perhaps the move of the match as we quickly broke from the back, Welsh, Poworth, Macgregor and White linked to play in Austin but his toepoke of a shot was well saved by Leighfield, his first act of competent keeping at a crucial time in the game.

The change to 4 - 4 - 2 saw us make much more use of the wings and removing the possession haemorrhage that was Trafford in the middle left us with a much more effective partnership in the form of Polworth and Welsh. Queens should have been out of sight truth being told but we did exceptionally well to battle back to grab a point. Made the journey home a lot more bearable.

17 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Said this on Twitter earlier...but if the board are serious about making a push for promotion this season, then they need to find a way to increase Robbo's budget in January so a couple more players can be brought in...he and the squad have earned it.

I agree. However, I am far from sure that anyone on the current board has the wherewithal  to make it happen.

20 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Totally agree with you but fear it wont happen 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:00 PM, CaleyD said:

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree. However, I am far from sure that anyone on the current board has the wherewithal  to make it happen.

Not only the board though. More fans need to attend on a regular basis to make our finances more viable. Support from the board needs to be matched by commitment from supporters.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic