Edinburgh City - Scottish Cup

tm4tj

2 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Football is about winning but when you don't, you show some class not pointing fingers, blaming certain players, tactics etc give the opposition some credit.

No team has ever become successful from ignoring its own deficiencies and blowing smoke up the backside of the opposition....and that has nothing to do with being classy, or otherwise.

• Agree 3

I agree with your statement CaleyD at least the first part of it. The All Blacks win about 90% of their games. When they do lose you don't hear them whining about the pitch or how this or that player didn't perform, they compliment the opposition on the win and set about ensuring it doesn't happen again. That's what I call classy and no way do AB teams ignore their deficiencies they are pretty ruthless at correcting them.

13 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

I agree with your statement CaleyD at least the first part of it. The All Blacks win about 90% of their games. When they do lose you don't hear them whining about the pitch or how this or that player didn't perform, they compliment the opposition on the win and set about ensuring it doesn't happen again. That's what I call classy and no way do AB teams ignore their deficiencies they are pretty ruthless at correcting them.

Good point but its rugby and a different mindset from teams and fans.

In football most clubs have a critical fanbase and we all want to win. Im no different I would rather watch a winning team than a team playing awesome football and losing. My gripe is not so much the critics but just picking out certain players to blame on a regular basis as I feel football fans aee guilty of that on a regular basis and therfore a scapegoat is all that is bad at the club.

Its happened here with White , sure he isnt Ronaldo but he is nowhere as bad as some say. I have tried suggesting different formations as we have to find the correct formations to suit the players at the club.

The buck stops with the manager he picks the team and since he has come back to the club has done well and I applaud him.

However imo we have some really good players who we have use coreectly to get the best out of them.We saw a major glimpse of that at Dumfries in the latter part of the game with reverting to two up allowing Polworth space in middle of park to create and have the physicality of White and Austin beside him which helped make space for Walsh and young McGregor on both flanks.

But what did we do against Edinburgh City , yes we played 2 up but put Polly out wide and played two players , Welsh and Chalmers who have played this season as defensive midfield players , and all of a sudden asked them to be creative in central mid. So Im not surprised it didnt work.

Most managers would say if you get the spine of team cortect then you can build on that I feel that we have that in 5 very decent players below then add the width to this team and go 442 

Ridgers

Donaldson McCart

Polworth

White

We all have opinions and that whats great about football.

Being passionate is what being a football club supporter  is all about and we at Caley are no different and sometimes this spills out to being over critical.

I honestly believe we are only a little tweak away from going on a winning streak if we play to the strengths of the players we have at the club.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Right, I've completely forgotten about that last game and now looking forward to tomorrow night's replay.

Strange, maybe no one else is given the complete lack of comments.

........I'll be on my own then with the whole Main Stand to myself cheering on my team.

15 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Right, I've completely forgotten about that last game and now looking forward to tomorrow night's replay.

Strange, maybe no one else is given the complete lack of comments.

........I'll be on my own then with the whole Main Stand to myself cheering on my team.

Myself and three others in the North stand :ictscarf:

Me and my two boys will be in the North Stand so that's at least 8 of us. 

Am I looking forward to it?

Not the words I would use really, I also can't say that I'm overly confident of a win but I'll be there, freezing my butt off and supporting the team.

I'm looking forward to it.  I think the lads will understand the importance of winning this and will be fired up for it. They'll need to be because Edinburgh are a decent side and in Henderson they have a striker who will punish the kind of defensive slackness we saw on Saturday.