Fans Forum

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Fans Forum to be rescheduled in the new year

Due to low numbers booking in we have decided to move the Fans Forum to the New Year. We apologise to those who have booked for the short notice.

It looks like many people like to whinge on here but aint got the feckin guts to say it where it counts ?

• Agree 1

This is almost always the case. It was the same with the fans meeting recently at the Caley Club where 12 people turned up. While we do have some vocal fans and some who are actually proactive most are apathetic. 

This one was more about the team plans and on the pitch stuff I believe. 

It was billed as a chit-chat with the manager, so not a platform for anyone needing the "guts" for any whinging.

Disappointing that it didn't go ahead, but it serves as a worrying sign of the apathy that is creeping in and how disengaged the support is becoming.  Even during previous 'low' points in the clubs history there were a diehard set of fans who would have provided sufficient numbers for these events.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

It was billed as a chit-chat with the manager, so not a platform for anyone needing the "guts" for any whinging.

Disappointing that it didn't go ahead, but it serves as a worrying sign of the apathy that is creeping in and how disengaged the support is becoming.  Even during previous 'low' points in the clubs history there were a diehard set of fans who would have provided sufficient numbers for these events.

A worrying and growing disconnect between those now running the club and the fans.

That really needs to be addressed as a club of our size can only really succeed with everyone pulling together.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Fans who had the "guts" to turn up and voice their issues. Robbo would have taken it on board and responded. Much easier to whinge on here.

It's a great shame that when so many folk have criticised the club for not engaging with the supporters, the supporters fail to engage with the club it reaches out to the supporters.  I had a previous commitment and couldn't attend and as a result never really clocked how this event had been communicated by the club.  Maybe it could have been promoted more but there is no doubt the support is becoming disengaged.  

Hopefully a date for the rescheduled fans forum will be communicated before too long.  Then those of us who are keen to see better engagement between the club and supporters can work to ensure the event is a great success.

1 minute ago, DoofersDad said:

Hopefully a date for the rescheduled fans forum will be communicated before too long.  Then those of us who are keen to see better engagement between the club and supporters can work to ensure the event is a great success.

Of course the Club will try again and will undoubtedly face another "no show" - Why engage bravely and openly when you can be an internet sniper. The people choosing not to attend are probably chuffed with this and gives their personal agendas a bit of a pathetic boost. Takes feckin two to Tango and at the moment the supporters are being represented by Ann feckin Widdicombe.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A worrying and growing disconnect between those now running the club and the fans.

That really needs to be addressed as a club of our size can only really succeed with everyone pulling together.

Personally, I'm so sick of this constant and unending talk of 'the board' on here.

I support my team, have since I was young and always will. As long as nothing is going wrong financially, I care not one jot who the board are or how/what they communicate with me. I just want them to pick the correct manager, support him as well as they can within budget, and that’s pretty much it.

The only real disconnect I have with the club at the moment is with this site, and the few helmets who take every opportunity to bleat on about perceived issues with the board and seem to think they’re speaking for us all. I go to games, and it’s good crack watching the team (well sometimes…) and seeing folk I know, few beers etc. Come on here however, and it’s always the same few folk constantly whining, and for a fans forum it doesn’t reflect any actual match going fans I know or have met.

Personally, I have no interest in events like this or anything to do with our supporters’ group solely because of individual posters on here who seem to be running or involved with these things (see ridiculous SLO debacle for reference). It’s very clear they have personal issues with those running the club, and seem hell bent on proving points and highlighting any negativity to further their own egos over and above actually supporting the club.

You can say that events like this are not attended because of a disconnect with those running the club, but maybe the reason fans don’t turn up is because a lot of us are just happy to go to games and have no idea what it is you guys actually want? That’s the case for me anyway, it’s not apathy, I just find this all incredibly boring.

I’m even bored with my own post here, this is what CTO has driven me to and I feel ashamed.

• Agree 12

53 minutes ago, GATEPOST said:

Personally, I'm so sick of this constant and unending talk of 'the board' on here.

I support my team, have since I was young and always will. As long as nothing is going wrong financially, I care not one jot who the board are or how/what they communicate with me. I just want them to pick the correct manager, support him as well as they can within budget, and that’s pretty much it.

The only real disconnect I have with the club at the moment is with this site, and the few helmets who take every opportunity to bleat on about perceived issues with the board and seem to think they’re speaking for us all. I go to games, and it’s good crack watching the team (well sometimes…) and seeing folk I know, few beers etc. Come on here however, and it’s always the same few folk constantly whining, and for a fans forum it doesn’t reflect any actual match going fans I know or have met.

Personally, I have no interest in events like this or anything to do with our supporters’ group solely because of individual posters on here who seem to be running or involved with these things (see ridiculous SLO debacle for reference). It’s very clear they have personal issues with those running the club, and seem hell bent on proving points and highlighting any negativity to further their own egos over and above actually supporting the club.

You can say that events like this are not attended because of a disconnect with those running the club, but maybe the reason fans don’t turn up is because a lot of us are just happy to go to games and have no idea what it is you guys actually want? That’s the case for me anyway, it’s not apathy, I just find this all incredibly boring.

I’m even bored with my own post here, this is what CTO has driven me to and I feel ashamed.

Great post.

“Vultures, helmets, Ann Widdicombe (!)”

I think that it is time for this language to be stopped.  However much you disagree, there is a big difference between offensive and derogatory name-calling v appeals for transparency.

The Trust and the club have been working together closely on ICT25, bowling, etc. recently. and nothing has been said on here that hasn’t been raised directly with the club and professionally so, without ever being personal.  And as for true fans, another issue.

Appalling bullying language - and nothing to ‘great posting’ about, is it?  Do you see the Trust board you have issue with, or other posters here who have issues with the board’s interaction (transparency), using this language?  I knew there was opposition to fan voice and why not, but some are now going over and above and getting worse.

Legitimate for people to re-direct the discourse on a fans forum, SLO, even the need for a Trust, hopefully next week at the AGM there can be a long-awaited members forum to get the Trust on an even keel. I don’t care whether a few of the Trust board members are right or wrong, members can direct them/vote them out, but I have zero time with this ridicule and name calling and zero time for the people who do it, members or not, nobody is answerable to irrational bullying.

Edited by Glover
nouns

27 minutes ago, Glover said:

I think that it is time for this language to be stopped.  However much you disagree, there is a big difference between offensive and derogatory name-calling v appeals for transparency.

The Trust and the club have been working together closely on ICT25, bowling, etc. recently. and nothing has been said on here that hasn’t been raised directly with the club and professionally so, without ever being personal.  And as for true fans, another issue.

Appalling bullying language - and nothing to ‘great posting’ about, is it?  Do you see the Trust board you have issue with, or other posters here who have issues with the board’s interaction (transparency), using this language?  I knew there was opposition to fan voice and why not, but some are now going over and above and getting worse.

Legitimate for people to re-direct the discourse on a fans forum, SLO, even the need for a Trust, hopefully next week at the AGM there can be a long-awaited members forum to get the Trust on an even keel. I don’t care whether a few of the Trust board members are right or wrong, members can direct them/vote them out, but I have zero time with this ridicule and name calling and zero time for the people who do it, members or not, nobody is answerable to irrational bullying.

Not sure if this is directed at me?

43 minutes ago, GATEPOST said:

Not sure if this is directed at me?

You didn’t use any bullying language, no.  Sorry, to be clear, the bullying has come from IHE - it was ok for him to name-call club staff once - calling Terry Butcher a narcissist -  Now it’s members of the Trust board, by starting threads to initiate it all.  The subsequent escalation of ICT Paisley and then your affirmation, is what had me upset.  It has been going on for a while.

There may or may not now be a fishing emoji on the next post and try and pass it all off as banter, once again, but it is what it is. There is no such thing as fun bullying and rather than join in or  ignore it, I have just said what issues I have against it.  

Edited by Glover
Post referred to been edited

8 hours ago, Glover said:

Helmets - who said helmets ? Ann Widdicombe is offensive and derogatory ?

bully.jpg

7 hours ago, Glover said:

You didn’t use any bullying language, no.  Sorry, to be clear, the bullying has come from IHE - it was ok for him to name-call club staff once - calling Terry Butcher a narcissist -  Now it’s members of the Trust board, by starting threads to initiate it all.  The subsequent escalation of ICT Paisley and then your affirmation, is what had me upset.  It has been going on for a while.

There may or may not now be a fishing emoji on the next post and try and pass it all off as banter, once again, but it is what it is. There is no such thing as fun bullying and rather than join in or  ignore it, I have just said what issues I have against it.  

Ok lets be serious. I never started this thread as fishing or banter. The reason must have been very clear unless you have sunshades on. Gatepost had the hammer-nail interface. If you think that this is bullying then I would suggest that you either have a guilty conscience or you are in denial. I am aware that people are getting fed up with CTO due to the constant whingeing and regular negative references to the Board. and, by the way, Terry Butcher was/is a classic narcissist. Look up the definition. Perhaps the person being bullied here is IHE ?

• Agree 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:26 AM, GATEPOST said:

I see what you're saying and nobody has to attanf anything but I think the issue is (and why they try to have these type events) is that clearly many people are not happy to go to games. Looking around the stadium just now that certainly seems to be the case. 

The issue of why fans no longer attend games is the most serious issue we need to address. No amount of meetings or fans forums will, in my view address that issue fully. For some reason the people in Inverness just do not want to come and support the team. I am also tired of the constant criticism of the current board by some posters who seem to want to blame them for all our current ills. Yes they have made some mistakes but to suggest that it is the board that are driving fans away is nonsense. As for suggestions that IHE is bullying, get real and read his posts properly.

• Agree 2

Look at this historically, we had a steady 1,500 home fans prior to our first promotion into the top division. We managed to pull in some extras during our time at the top but when the going gets tough (lack of success) then they drift away. We now appear to have approx 1,800 - 2000 home fans who will turn up. So we are probably slightly up as a fan base (steady progress). 

Success/winning is the biggest factor in the attendance. I will put in a lot more effort to get to games if we are winning and I am enjoying the days out. When we are in poor form I tend to find it easier to make excuses not to go. I presume this is similar for the majority of supporters.  I couldn't care less about the board, its all names whom mean nothing to me, as long as they are sensible with the finances and ensure the stability of the club then I am content.  Regarding the team, as long as they put a shift in and attempt to attack teams then I am content.