Welcoming the Bairns well under strength

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Subject to not knowing who may be injured, if we have the same squad as last week, missing Tremarco, Beith and Doran, I'd go with:

Ridgers

Rooney Donaldson McCart Chalmers

Mackay Welsh Polworth Walsh

Austin Oakley

Beith out? Lol.... Let's just accept Beith is out permanently, we're never going to see him contribute anything. As far as Austin, he's made of glass and I think we need to offload him ASAP. No wonder Falkirk got rid of him. No great benefit when when he is fit, but gets a knock walking to the bus stop 

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Beith out? Lol.... Let's just accept Beith is out permanently, we're never going to see him contribute anything. As far as Austin, he's made of glass and I think we need to offload him ASAP. No wonder Falkirk got rid of him. No great benefit when when he is fit, but gets a knock walking to the bus stop 

Why is the club wasting a wage on Beith ? If he is not fit to play by January he needs to be shipped out for another injury prone player looking for a club

• Agree 2

If we could afford a bigger squad we could probably risk having a couple of injury prone players.

However, as our squad is, of necessity, wafer thin, that is a luxury we can't afford. I would still be inclined to risk keeping Austin but would punt Beith to anyone willing to take him 

• Agree 1

What about Doran?  I doubt he is ever going to get back to the player he was at his best.  We have been more than fair to him for years , continuing to pay him for being almost permanently injured.  Surely there must come a time when we release his wage for someone who at least is fit enough to play?

• Agree 2

The whole "depth of squad" thing can often be overplayed and sometimes feels like lack of confidence and getting your excuses ready, IMO.

Young players aside (as they are still developing), if a manager has someone in the squad and they're thinking "that player can't do a job for me" in ANY game, they are merely making up numbers and shouldn't be there in the first place.

Just to be clear.  I'm not necessarily saying that is what Robbo is doing...there's every chance his comments on the subject were prompted by questions from the press...but it is what some of us are doing.

Our squad has shown signs of both resilience and fragility....and we have to go into the game today believing that it's the former that will show up ?

Squads win leagues - Injuries and Suspensions lose leagues BUT there are no excuses - at the end or beginning of the day it is 18 v 18. It is not always about the 11 starters, it is often about the substitutes. But as you say warming yer erse on a bench with no hope of getting own (apart from the second keeper) is worthless.