Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

A wake up call finally?  The draws have been papering over the cracks for a good chunk of the season. There's a few players who seem to have slipped into a comfort zone (looking at you Brad) so hopefully we'll see some changes (formation or more playing time for a few of the youngsters).  We need to get out of this rut to ensure our top 4 position.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What a shambles of a team. We seem to have no desire, no drive. If we played like we did for the first goal we would blow teams away. Quick slick passing and into a dangerous position in the blink of a eye, and goal, then we slip back into our slow ponderous style, passing it back and forth across the back line. If we needed a win, why do we play with two defensive midfielders and one striker? So much for Robbo saying he would throw the youngsters in, they couldn't play any worse than this lot. We made the bottom club look good.

• Agree 1

My first non derby game and now I see it. For both derbies I have seen tempo, creativity and excitement and I wondered why we draw so many - today gave all the evidence. Poor defending but yet we still have half an hour to win it and there was nothing. They looked shaky from set pieces and yet we didn’t put many good crosses in and resorted to playing straight balls to whyte and Oakley but no midfielders bombing on so no ideas at all. The officials were poor don’t let that mask over a poor display against a side we should be beating. Someone next to me said to his mate we will know where we are by the end of this month. With Ayr/Dundee Utd and a trip to Dingwall before the new year looks like we will especially after getting no points from the easiest fixture this month 

Dreadful defending and a needless foul right at the end sums up a shocking afternoon of lacklustre play from a team hoping to at least make the top four at the end of the season. No chance on this performance

L

We had enough chances to win today however poor finishing let us down. Falkirk few chances and tally ho they score. If we play the same at ayr  they will score a load of goals against us. Don't think we deserved to lose today though. Team needs a spark from somewhere 

It's a relief in a way that the unbeaten run is over as it had been masking a level of mediocrity all season. 

Not the worst we have played but the finishing, or lack of it, was as dire as ever. To lose at home after taking an early lead against the second worst team in the league tells it's own story.

Somehow or other, we are clinging on to the final promotion play off spot but, if nothing changes, that will surely not be the case for much longer and a third successive season in the Championship, this time with no parachute playment, will be inevitable.

I appreciate that things are hugely stretched from a financial point of view but, if the current regime have any ambition at all, resourses will have to be found from somewhere to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window.

The season is still salvageable but not with the current squad of players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, bigman said:

Absolute shambles could say more but just a waste of time. I am at a state were I would sell my season  ticket but I don't  think anyone would want it

Absolutely agree , who in the right mind would pay good money to see that. This present lot must have to go down as being one of the poorest in our short history. The unbeaten run had to end some time but against the bottom club who had already settled for a draw once we had levelled ,is a total choker.

Whats more concerning is that we are only one more injury or suspension from only having 11 first team players to pick from, so it doesn't matter how bad they are they are ,they are guaranteed a start the following week. No competition for places and it shows in the lacklustre performances .

• Agree 1

Seen us play a lot worse and come away with a draw! It's the recruitment said at the start of season need a proven goal scorer and yet again we end up with traffic cones! Robbo was well stitched up with Balsa wood Beith get him gone what a waste of a wage try and get a mobile non injury prone striker in Simon Murray might want out of Iran

23 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It's a relief in a way that the unbeaten run is over as it had been masking a level of mediocrity all season. 

Not the worst we have played but the finishing, or lack of it, was as dire as ever. To lose at home after taking an early lead against the second worst team in the league tells it's own story.

Somehow or other, we are clinging on to the final promotion play off spot but, if nothing changes, that will surely not be the case for much longer and a third successive season in the Championship, this time with no parachute playment, will be inevitable.

I appreciate that things are hugely stretched from a financial point of view but, if the current regime have any ambition at all, resourses will have to be found from somewhere to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window.

The season is still salvageable but not with the current squad of players.

Can't blame everything on lack of money Livi had a far smaller budget last season and recruited well ! We get lumbered with traffic cones up top and a central midfielder made of balsa wood! A striker is well needed in January!

5 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Can't blame everything on lack of money Livi had a far smaller budget last season and recruited well ! We get lumbered with traffic cones up top and a central midfielder made of balsa wood! A striker is well needed in January!

For once, I, at least partially, agree with you. Livingston did indeed get promoted last season with a smaller budget than us and Ayr are leading the division this season also with a smaller budget although they have a striker on course to score forty goals this season which certainly helps !

Unfortunately, we don't possess such an asset which is why strengthening in January is essential if we are going to retain any real hope of promotion.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic