Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2018-12-04_14-39-18.jpg
Tweets by @ICTFC

Underwhelming to say the least. More of the same this half and we might as well close the doors.

Here's hoping something might happen this half because I'm not sure their keeper has made a save yet.

Tremendous third goal, great work from Macgregor and a lovely, unselfish layoff to Doran who had made a fantastic run to finish it off. Roddy looked good throughout his appearance, lively and retained ball well under pressure. 

I hate to say it, but although White got a hattrick, he won't have won all his doubters over tonight. Delighted for him though, hope it gives him a boost to push on and keep the goals coming. How his second went in, goodness only knows. From my viewpoint it looked like it went straight (quite tamely) at the keeper who somehow let it slip thought his hands/legs to trickle in. 

By no means our best performance but a result that we needed and the team kept going to the very end, which was typified by Doran's goal.  We all left pretty happy anyway, which is a nice feeling. 

• Agree 2

Much better second half and good to see White get his goals although nobody could have complained had he scored five or six. MacGregor was good when he came on, set up the final goal well. Nice quick feet and will be an asset. Thought Charlie Trafford had a good game as did Donaldson, McCart and White for persisting and getting the goals, but my man of the match was the entertaining Shaun Rooney who did a few old style Rossco manoeuvres down the right wing. Doran and Walsh also looked lively but I'm afraid Polworth was poor and Chalmers looked likely to lose the ball at times.

Nonetheless, a not to be scoffed at 6-1 win and that sets us up nicely for Friday night at Ayr.

First of all I was very impressed with Roddy MacGregor when he came on. His run into the box and going straight past two City defenders if they weren't there to set up Doran for the sixth was outstanding and a way of opening up defences we don't see with the regulars. With MacGregor we have an attacking midfielder who can run at defenders with pace and go past them, where as with Chalmers, Trafford, Polworth and Doran they are all more or less similar in that more often they will hold the ball up and look to pass the ball about usually to the side or back. Doran is I suppose an attacking midfielder tries to run with the ball past defenders but lacks the pace to do that so looks for the short one, two, but tends to run out of room and options. I don't see MacGregor suddenly getting a regular game just yet but will have done his chances no harm and should get opportunities.

I didn't see enough of Cameron Harper to comment. Maybe he will get more of a chance in the next round Tremarco isn't back by then.

It's great, it fills you with optimism for the future with the young players coming through and young Robbie looks like another piece of the jigsaw along with Dan MacKay for maybe dare I say it our next top flight adventure.

Edited by Snafu

Relief that we avoided the banana skin and gave the City a pasting, and I'm sure will give the lads a confidence boost.  672 hardy souls turned up and witnessed a strange occurrence....  yes a Jordan White hattrick,   Although the first and second were a wee bit flukey,  the third being a smart header, he did pretty well.

Liked McGregor, he's busy and has a nice first touch on the ball, good one for the future.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic