New Partnership for CTO

Scotty

FB_caley_thisle_online_800x800_1.jpgCaleyThistleOnline are delighted to announce a new partnership with FansBet.

The UK-based gaming firm offer a betting platform with a difference; one summed up by their very apt strap line “About Fans. By Fans. For Fans” which is very similar to our own ethos. Run by lifelong match-goers, they pride themselves as being the only bookmaker which promises to share a generous 50% of their net profits with fans, while maintaining rigorous standards towards safe, enjoyable, responsible gambling.

Fans are given the option to select the club they support when registering at FansBet.com; any Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporter who tags themselves to the club and selects CaleyThistleOnline when they join will mean that if their bets win they will succeed in the traditional way and receive their winnings, but uniquely and vitally, any unsuccessful bets can still help us raise funds that we will spend to the benefit of Caley Thistle supporters.

David Alexander, FansBet Scotland Ops Manager said “The team at CaleyThistleOnline have some great ideas of how they can raise funds for supporters and I’m looking forward to FansBet playing a part in making it happen.”

CaleyThistleOnline founder Scott MacKenzie noted “We were impressed with FansBet’s commitment to responsible gaming as well as their record of giving back to supporters. The partnership brings us an opportunity for a new source of income to support the site, raise funds for fan initiatives, or for donations to ICT related projects. If you are an ICT fan who likes a bet then please switch to FansBet and support us”

FansBet are partners with Supporters Direct Scotland and already have many impressive stories of giving back to and empowering fans, ranging from funding away travel, share purchases, backing safe standing projects and many more. You can read some of FansBet’s Giving Back stories on their blog at https://blog.fansbet.com/fansbet-giving-back/partners/fan/ 

In addition to sharing 50% of their net profits, FansBet will also provide special bets on all Inverness Caledonian Thistle matches. Keep an eye on our social channels and forum posts for the latest odds. Visit FansBet.com to sign up. Don’t forget to select Caley Thistle Online as your branch.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry Scotty can't agree, these parasites have ruined too many families and should be run out of town along with payday lenders. Gamble responsibly yeah right.

Not ideal to have a gambling firm as a partner but if it's what it takes to keep CTO viable then I am prepared to stomach it.

We were happy to celebrate winning our biggest ever trophy sponsored by a bookie so it would probably be a bit hypocritical to get too worked up over this.

6 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry Scotty can't agree, these parasites have ruined too many families and should be run out of town along with payday lenders. Gamble responsibly yeah right.

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Not ideal to have a gambling firm as a partner but if it's what it takes to keep CTO viable then I am prepared to stomach it.  We were happy to celebrate winning our biggest ever trophy sponsored by a bookie so it would probably be a bit hypocritical to get too worked up over this.

Kingsmills has nailed it as to why we agreed to it !!! It costs a minimum of US$2000 per year to keep all elements of the site up and running (hosting, domain names, software updates for the forum software and all the various plugins and other stuff we use etc etc etc).  I put the cost in US$ because thats the currency we pay to most of our technology suppliers but if you want to say around 1600 in UK money thats fine . Google Ads and the small trickle of donations we get simply wont cover that so we do have to look for alternative revenue streams.

I totally get it that some users will be opposed to this and I respect and understand that. We have rejected thousands of these kinds of offers over the years. We tend to get several per week all offering to post articles that contain a few links (yeah right) or place obtrusive ads. This is the first company we have actually engaged with in a long time and mostly because they have a bonafide tie-in with scottish football. As noted, football has had many betting companies as sponsors .. not just WM Hill, but some may remember McBookie were also involved a while back. As we also have our own prediction leagues, naps competition and betting forum then it wasnt really a huge leap. 

Once again, I apologise if this offends some, but in the absence of any other sponsors knocking on our door to give us oodles of cash, its something we need to try. 

I fully appreciated the efforts to raise funds to keep CTO going. I do like a football bet (they're usually ruined after 10 mins though). I hope this works Scotty but I also hope folk are sensible when it comes to having a flutter.  

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2018 at 10:12 PM, Kingsmills said:

Not ideal to have a gambling firm as a partner but if it's what it takes to keep CTO viable then I am prepared to stomach it.

We were happy to celebrate winning our biggest ever trophy sponsored by a bookie so it would probably be a bit hypocritical to get too worked up over this.

Agreed with your last post Kingsmills but disagree with the above, the SC was celebrated when there were no sponsors and will be in the future. We do not need these parasites crawling all over Scottish sport, they hardly do it for philanthropic reasons they are only interested in money, they are not Scottish, they are imposters and should be told to take a hike. Money has ruined the game, think about that. PS. please do not take this comment as a personal assault.

• Agree 1

Fair play to Scotty for setting this up with the best of intentions. Such a shame it's a betting company. Having lost my brother in law, an ex professional footballer, in no small way to the horrendous debt he accumulated,  I despise bookmakers who can take and take and destroy lives. Of course the bookmaker cannot take all the blame as the punter must shoulder a large chunk of the responsibility.

• Agree 1

• Scotty locked and unlocked this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Ahead of our replay against County, Fansbet are allowing CTO users to suggest what the special bet to be promoted on their site should be for the game next week ?   If you want a specific special listed please put them in the thread here and they will chose one at random, assign it odds and feature it before the game in the fan boosts section : https://www.fansbet.com/en/betting/sports/fan-boosts/