Wikipedia

Jack Waddington

If anyone (with reasonable knowledge in Wikipedia editing), wants to take over from me on editing this season's Wikipedia page, that'd be cool. I am currently unable to edit as much as I used to, because my laptop refuses to work and it's near impossible to edit on my phone, but if someone could take over from me until I can get back to editing.

Bear in mind, there's quite a lot that needs editing after every game I.e. Overall Table, Overall Goalscorers, match results, and highest/lowest attendances (if either are surpassed).

Usually I keep the future matches limited to 5 in advance, because other Wiki users hate it if I go and add all future games...but it's really up to you.

Cheers!

I'm not in a position to take this on but would like to thank you for what you have been doing.  It is an informative site and vigilance in keeping it updated and accurate is much appreciated.

Regarding Wikipedia in general, I am a great fan and use it a lot.  I know it has its critics and the quality of any particular entry is very dependent on the individuals who contribute.  From time to time I do look at entries for things I know quite a bit about and rarely find anything wrong.  It gives confidence when researching things I know less about.  Wikipedia is a tremendous resource which you can read without being accosted by advertisements from all angles.    Wikipedia is the first site millions of people go to in order to find out information and this makes it particularly important that sites are kept up to date and informative. But it can't function without willing volunteers and donations from users. I sincerely hope someone will come forward to continue Jack's good work.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread because I've been indefinitely blocked by Wikipedia mods because they can't seem to admit that sources that have been wiped for the last 10 years can't be pulled out of thin air.

So yeah, not too hard when you get down to it, and easy in the long run.