Foran's Foray into Sportswear

Fraz

49 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Best of luck to him.

The product catalogue on the website shows he has a tie up with Joma sportswear, whose brand manager for Scotland is.........Andrew Barrowman!

They are close friends and Andrew Bannerman's father in law is an avid supporter of ICT.

If that is the young man (A Barrowman) whom I met at a footie park one evening in Vancouver a number of years ago when his team came over to play a couple of games or something, well, his type of non-charm won't sell too many outfits I don't think. He  just walked past me without his smile.

But anyway, good luck to Richie Foran since he is at least trying to achieve something worthwhile .:clapping:

His time at ICT ended in disaster for us but he is still a relatively young man with a family to support.

He earned, and still is in the garden earning, a relatively good income from football but not nearly enough to fund the rest of his life. He has no prospect of ever again earning a living as a manager or a coach so I sincerely hope that this works out well for him.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

In all honesty, I'm surprised he hasn't gone into managing elsewhere. Yeah, he didn't have a fun time managing us, but surely there could've been places at Highland/Lowland League sides?

If he flopped so badly with a player budget approaching two million pounds and full, if somewhat misguided, backing by the board, I honestly couldn't see him enjoying any success with a part time team being paid buttons.

Nice guy, very good player, abysmal coach/manager.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

If he flopped so badly with a player budget approaching two million pounds and full, if somewhat misguided, backing by the board, I honestly couldn't see him enjoying any success with a part time team being paid buttons.

Nice guy, very good player, abysmal coach/manager.

You are right Kingsmills, it would have been a fairytale ending if it worked for him. Good luck in his new venture. 

Good luck to RF in his business, I was against his promotion which in my opinion was stupidity by the board who had no understanding of football management, a bit like RF who had just got his badges. I was sorry to see him fail but wish him well in his new venture.