SLO & Club Communication

Weekend Hacker

After the last derby at TCS, I emailed the SLO about a below average report on the match day experience for friends of ours who came over for dinner after the game.  Fair enough, they are County fans but the catering was really poor which reflects badly on the club.  I never received an acknowledgment so wonder how effective this new role is proving?

Also, I think communication has gone backwards in terms of social media platforms. There must be a plethora of people who could contribute in the stadium with updates, match reports, forthcoming ticket sales, transport etc.?  If it wasn’t for ICT Travel on FB, I wouldn’t have known there was a bus for example.

Anyone have similar thoughts or just me ?

Edited by Weekend Hacker
Incomplete.....
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Very similar thoughts. Something that should neither be difficult or expensive to put right but nobody at the club seems much bothered these days. A pity as I am sure the lack of engagement is contributing to our diminishing crowds as the product on the pitch is not that bad and we are still on the fringes of the promotion battle.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:40 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I am reliably informed that the gudgies deemed the trough to be too clean. At least this forum will never lose anyone due to the never ending riveting footballing discussion. And feck me I never knew that the ICT Travel on Facebook advertised buses. :frustrated01: 

Thanks for your input.  Despite the hopefully sarcastic dig at our mortal enemies, we need them to spend to improve finances surely.  Crap match day experience means diminished crowds does it not?  Or should this not be on here as it is not riveting football chat.  Also apologies for highlighting that a mere mortal such as myself points out that finding out what is happening at the club and travelling to an away game could be better communicated.  Perhaps you should hold an interview before allowing people on to ensure they match your high intellect, flair for airing your opinion and ensure that they share your views.  Presume you have a chip on both shoulders, hence your wonderful balanced views.  Anyway, must go and start wrapping up for this afternoons game.......

On 12/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, Weekend Hacker said:

Also, I think communication has gone backwards in terms of social media platforms. There must be a plethora of people who could contribute in the stadium with updates, match reports, forthcoming ticket sales, transport etc.?  If it wasn’t for ICT Travel on FB, I wouldn’t have known there was a bus for example.

Hi Hacker

With regards to reports we have previews/reports on CTO and the Official ICTFC website has normally got a preview/matchday programme followed by a report a day or two later.

There is also the official ICTFC twitter account and the Official Inverness Caledonian Thistle facebook page with video clips post match stuff etc. There is an ICTFC You Tube page with match footage.

I believe social media platforms have never been better, maybe the issue is not being able to find all of these, but a quick google search (others are available) will show them.

The official site gives out ticket information and between us we normally add travel info when available. The ICT travel on facebook is presumably independent from the club therefore it's their information to give out. 

I will add that all/most of these are being done by unpaid fans giving up their own time to try and make it easier for all to see the information so I doubt a match report immediately after a game is going to happen, but if you follow twitter, then it's all usually in there anyway.

Cheers fan.

7 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Thanks for your input.  Despite the hopefully sarcastic dig at our mortal enemies, we need them to spend to improve finances surely.  Crap match day experience means diminished crowds does it not?  Or should this not be on here as it is not riveting football chat.  Also apologies for highlighting that a mere mortal such as myself points out that finding out what is happening at the club and travelling to an away game could be better communicated.  Perhaps you should hold an interview before allowing people on to ensure they match your high intellect, flair for airing your opinion and ensure that they share your views.  Presume you have a chip on both shoulders, hence your wonderful balanced views.  Anyway, must go and start wrapping up for this afternoons game.......

Well thank you for your sarcastic, personalised abuse. If you can't communicate in an acceptable manner then it may be preferable for you to talk football in the future. At least your venom showed a degree of appreciation of my Gudgie humour.

13 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well thank you for your sarcastic, personalised abuse. If you can't communicate in an acceptable manner then it may be preferable for you to talk football in the future. At least your venom showed a degree of appreciation of my Gudgie humour.

Replied in the same vein as you good sir.  Didn’t think your response was warranted in the first instance tbh.  My initial comment was not a criticism, merely to see if I was the only one.  But your right - I’ll stick to football comments and that way everything will stay the same as before and people will shrug their shoulders and say what’s the point in saying anything.  ‘‘Tis the season, have a good Xmas and a healthy 2019. Slainte

6 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Hi Hacker

With regards to reports we have previews/reports on CTO and the Official ICTFC website has normally got a preview/matchday programme followed by a report a day or two later.

There is also the official ICTFC twitter account and the Official Inverness Caledonian Thistle facebook page with video clips post match stuff etc. There is an ICTFC You Tube page with match footage.

I believe social media platforms have never been better, maybe the issue is not being able to find all of these, but a quick google search (others are available) will show them.

The official site gives out ticket information and between us we normally add travel info when available. The ICT travel on facebook is presumably independent from the club therefore it's their information to give out. 

I will add that all/most of these are being done by unpaid fans giving up their own time to try and make it easier for all to see the information so I doubt a match report immediately after a game is going to happen, but if you follow twitter, then it's all usually in there anyway.

Cheers fan.

Absolutely. My point was, perhaps laboured, I’m not convinced it is that easy for someone to find unless they go searching.  I think in today’s world, people want everything on a plate!  I understand that things like CTO take a huge amount of effort to keep going and applaud all who do so, even although I have upset a former Howden Ender. Of which I was since 1978 myself..... but us thinking everything is accessible doesn’t necessarily make it so.  Best, WH

51 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Replied in the same vein as you good sir.  Didn’t think your response was warranted in the first instance tbh.  My initial comment was not a criticism, merely to see if I was the only one.  But your right - I’ll stick to football comments and that way everything will stay the same as before and people will shrug their shoulders and say what’s the point in saying anything.  ‘‘Tis the season, have a good Xmas and a healthy 2019. Slainte

Big difference between sarcasm and abuse. But  I can understand your naivety and defensiveness given your response to Tm4j. I can also appreciate that you are clearly new to the art of football forums. But as a fellow Howden Ender I forgive you and wish you and your own a very Merry Xmas and hopefully a better ICT New Year.

Now there you go. David and Goliath.  I do hope youse yins will nae become kissing cousins though. That would start a furryroar all right.

Weekend Hacker.. take a step in my shoes  and just play the fool as you age,  That way people's eyes glaze over and they generally tend to ignore you. Except that a glint of pity can enters their eyes too and then they lower their guard,.Then you are in like Flynn and ….VICTORY looms. Yes! And always remember

Oh Gad, retirement bores me so. :banana:But when you are a top banana life can be sweet, Right IHE ?

But the rookie's motto is …"See all, hear all, and say nowt.".And then just hope and pray that some of the stuff coming at you sticks.:mountie:

Happy Christmas from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada where the Sasquatch is  lingering behind yonder clump of trees.

And to quote that wonderful lead male singer who died young but whose name , like many another memory link, escapes me.. "Nothing really matters at all."

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Now there you go. David and Goliath.  I do hope youse yins will nae become kissing cousins though. That would start a furryroar all right.

Weekend Hacker.. take a step in my shoes  and just play the fool as you age,  That way people's eyes glaze over and they generally tend to ignore you. Except that a glint of pity can enters their eyes too and then they lower their guard,.Then you are in like Flynn and ….VICTORY looms. Yes! And always remember

Oh Gad, retirement bores me so. :banana:But when you are a top banana life can be sweet, Right IHE ?

But the rookie's motto is …"See all, hear all, and say nowt.".And then just hope and pray that some of the stuff coming at you sticks.:mountie:

Happy Christmas from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada where the Sasquatch is  lingering behind yonder clump of trees.

And to quote that wonderful lead male singer who died young but whose name , like many another memory link, escapes me.. "Nothing really matters at all."

Your first post in years that I understood :sad: Have a good festive season and don't eat too much moose. 

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Nobody really cares bout a football club board communicating what they do care about is board binning our current strikers and replacing them with some who actually no how to put the ball in the net

I care and, speaking to others, I am not on my own.

There was nothing communicated about the kids Christmas Party. I emailed the SLO and tweeted the club on the 1st asking when the season ticket holder's kids part was (as usually we get a letter in November asking for numbers for either the 0-6 years or 7-12 groups). Had no reply or acknowledgement. Emailed chairman on 6th received response within a couple of hours saying he'd look into it. Received email from SLO a couple of hours after that saying that there was a party but that he didn't know the details but the would be on social media soon. 

It was announced shortly after. On a Friday afternoon for £7 or £10 per child whole group 0-12 years. Not cheap for an hour and a half. 

In the past it was free for season ticket holding kids at a weekend.

If I'm being honest I think either the club wasn't going to run it or had forgotten about it and rushed to throw something together. 

Regardless, my girls were excited for it so given I'm a soft touch I have booked them on ?