ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Slightly disappointing after being in the lead, but a draw against a side above us in the league and with a vastly superior wage budget is seldom a bad result.

I see it as a bad result. Wasn't there today so can't really comment on how we played, but with some of the awful results they have put out this season it was yet another chance for a much needed league win gone again, at home as well no less! 

Edited by Belfast Brigade
  • Agree 1

A better point for Utd, than for us. I thought Tom Walsh, Mark Ridgers & Coll Donaldson were the stand out performers today and young Rodddy MCGregor showed some promise when he came on. Other than that another frustrating draw in a game which we really should have won ! I did notice Robbo having a go at a fan who was giving him some stick over substitutions & Polly reacted to some criticism he was getting. Did I here some boos from the Home fans at full time ?????? That’s what frustration does !!!!!!!

Edited by MuirtownJaggy
  • Agree 1

Reasonable display in the first half but dire in the second. Dundee United looked as if they wanted to win the game whereas we were content with a draw. Defended far too deep and only had two shots at goal in the entire game!

• Agree 3

Groundhog day again at ICT. Score a good goal, from a great through ball from Polworth, then down tools for the rest of the game. If it wasn't for some great saves from Ridgers we'd have been 3-1 down by half time. 

Second half was a complete non event from an ICT point of view.....we just didn't turn up. Was only a matter of time before utd equalised and the only real surprise was that they didn't go on to get the winner. 

So another home draw it is. Had we won just a handful of all the games we've drawn at home, we'd be sitting top of the table!

For certain the squad needs freshening up in January. We need something to excite us fans because it's becoming increasingly difficult to muster enthusiasm to go and watch the same old performance, same tactics, same substitutions, and same results week in week out!?

• Agree 7

3 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Groundhog day again at ICT. Score a good goal, from a great through ball from Polworth, then down tools for the rest of the game. If it wasn't for some great saves from Ridgers we'd have been 3-1 down by half time. 

Second half was a complete non event from an ICT point of view.....we just didn't turn up. Was only a matter of time before utd equalised and the only real surprise was that they didn't go on to get the winner. 

So another home draw it is. Had we won just a handful of all the games we've drawn at home, we'd be sitting top of the table!

For certain the squad needs freshening up in January. We need something to excite us fans because it's becoming increasingly difficult to muster enthusiasm to go and watch the same old performance, same tactics, same substitutions, and same results week in week out!?

totally agree with you myself like many other fans are bored of the same predictable stuff has the Coaches no other idea's ? Teams know what they get when they play us as we never play any different. Second half was dire and subs were too late especially young Roddy who made a difference 

• Agree 4

We never turned up after the break. It was only a matter of time before United scored, they were the far better team in the second half and I think we were lucky to get away with a draw in the end. We can't seem to hold onto a lead,  and start going further and further back to defend it. I really can't see us getting to the play offs with the standard of football we are playing.

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

totally agree with you myself like many other fans are bored of the same predictable stuff has the Coaches no other idea's ? Teams know what they get when they play us as we never play any different. Second half was dire and subs were too late especially young Roddy who made a difference 

I think it may be worse than the coaches not having different ideas in that the players we have are generally not capable of anything else. 

• Agree 1

Agree with most of the analysis of the game. It was obvious we needed to change at half time and it really felt a matter of time before the equaliser came. Changes came to late and utd looked like they were going to take the three points. Some good performances- Ridgers kept us in it. Why do they persist with chalmers taking free kicks !! Another squandered when we were 1-0 up...

• Agree 1

We seem to have developed a terrible habbit of playing to the other teams level, and with Utd that was pretty low today.

Neither team could have complained about going in at half time a goal down, but fortune favoured us.  We then failed to come out for the second half and were lucky to get a point.

Polworth is so frustrating.  When he's focused and trying he's top class, but he appeared switched off and disinterested for about 75% of that match today.

Very frustrating today!

Having gone 1-0 up utd were there to be attacked, Walsh fails to play in Polworth to make it 2-0 and from then on Utd were the only team trying to score. Apologies we did make an effort to score once it was 1-1.... why wait until then!!!

Despite Utd being poor they still created very good chances, Ridgers earned us a point today and McCart had his best game for us.

Our strikers are poor, only Oakley puts in any effort. If Daniel Mackay is fit I'd get rid of White and Austin in January. Two wages saved, use the money to bring in a higher quality striker / attacking midfielder.

Can someone tell me how Chalmers gets 90 mins every week, he is hopeless. He is superb at turning an attack into defence, he can't cross a ball or take a decent free kick or corner. He must be some player in training!

Top 4 is the best we can hope for so lets see some of the youth players getting more game time. If we can use this season to bring through some youth players it will give us a better chance next season as I can't see us getting promoted this season.

And finally what a shocking crowd today.

• Agree 3

Disappointing. United may have the largest budget in the division but they are a poor side that we should be beating. Both County and Ayr, who we have matched in head to heads, have thrashed them. I am not saying we should do the same but we should be edging it.

Running theme, we score first and then sit back ensuring we are, far more often than not, pegged back. More commitment needed for the full ninety minutes and a reinforced squad in the imminent window if we are going to retain any interest in the promotion battle. Huge opportunity missed today to gain three points on United and two against literally every other team in the division.

• Agree 3

Can't argue with any of the above ,created the one chance we scored from other than that nothing  one team went looking for the win and it wasn't us , we have to be one of the most negative teams in the league and It shows when less than 2000 home supporters can be arsed to turn up. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, dave26 said:

Very frustrating today!

Having gone 1-0 up utd were there to be attacked, Walsh fails to play in Polworth to make it 2-0 and from then on Utd were the only team trying to score. Apologies we did make an effort to score once it was 1-1.... why wait until then!!!

Despite Utd being poor they still created very good chances, Ridgers earned us a point today and McCart had his best game for us.

Our strikers are poor, only Oakley puts in any effort. If Daniel Mackay is fit I'd get rid of White and Austin in January. Two wages saved, use the money to bring in a higher quality striker / attacking midfielder.

Can someone tell me how Chalmers gets 90 mins every week, he is hopeless. He is superb at turning an attack into defence, he can't cross a ball or take a decent free kick or corner. He must be some player in training!

Top 4 is the best we can hope for so lets see some of the youth players getting more game time. If we can use this season to bring through some youth players it will give us a better chance next season as I can't see us getting promoted this season.

And finally what a shocking crowd today.

Why single out Chalmers plenty of other duffers who are simply turning up because we have no one else and no competition for places.

Totally uninspiring.

Another good goal for Walsh - three very similar goals for him in last 3 games I believe - but other than that pretty dire.  Ridgers kept us in game, we totally rode our luck for a large portion of the match.

Other than that, same old.  Even the subs are same week after week, but credit for giving Macgregor a decent run out again.  We need to see more of him though - and his U18 teammates.  Things desperately need freshened up, the first team squad have had their chance and it's at the point we've nothing to lose.  I'm certainly not being entertained this season and I'd rather pay money to see Robbo take a gamble and play more of our youngsters than hold out for yet another draw.

Have to say that I'm getting really frustrated by lack of discipline by Brad and Rooney.  Rooney got away with it today when he kicked ball in the air in frustration, but the pair of them live on the edge/step over the line week after week.  

Oh, and totally sick of going in entrance by sports bar and not allowed to go to toilet, never mind catering.  Instead we are forced to go up the stairs, along the passageway to other end of stand and down the stairs.  Creates bottlenecks and congestion as we're against the main flow of traffic and totally unnecessary.  I'm not trying to get a drink, so why can't I use the facilities??  Been hit and miss for a while, but now we're told we can't get into sportsbar area after 2.30.  Causing lots of frustration for those of us who simply want a pie/pee and also costing the club money in lost revenue.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Why single out Chalmers plenty of other duffers who are simply turning up because we have no one else and no competition for places.

Ok, I'll add Doran, White, Austin and Trafford so as not to single him out.

• Agree 2

Predictable play and predictable subs! Only Roddy made a positive impact on the game when coming on. Thought the 2cbs did well today as did Polly (as per usual) I think the abuse he hears from the fans is uncalled for especially when all Rooney gets is cheers when he is literally the worst player I have ever seen at the club! 

The only time we look threatening is when polly breaks out and our wide players give width but between winger coming to narrow and full backs showing not energy to get up and support its worrying signs. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic