Maybe time to try 442 formation

Gregor

Muirtown Jaggie it looked a 4231 to me and it’s was great to get the win but still think we sit in and allow the opposition to dominate play at times

Granted Robbo wasn’t going to change to two up as it doesn’t seem to be his way especially after we went two goals up.

Still convinced if we were more aggressive  and play more  offensive with two strikers we would win more games convingly.

The stats for strikers as you were asking now is 

White 13 starts 8 goals (ratio 1.62 )

Austin 7 starts 4 goals ( ratio 1.75 )

Oakley 11 starts 5 goals ( ratio 2.2)

All decent stats and thought although neither striker scored today they both played well imo

Also thought Trafford did well when he came on too and put himself about well too. Ridgers once again has to be congratulated as he certainly played his part in getting the victory.

We don’t make it easy for ourselves and missing the penalty really didn’t help when we could have buried them as they had just got a man sent off and I feel Morton heads would have gone down just before half time. Walsh and Doran did well in an attacking sense but feel we need an out and out left sided player like Calder to deliver balls into box from that side of pitch .Polworth had a mixed day and I watched more closely as others have said he gives up at times and that’s exactly what happened as he was in and out of the game and his slackness cost us the goal however he created one for us too  so that was good.

Looking forward to next week now as I feel we can go there with some confidence. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Snafu said:

We were playing 4-4-2 at the start of the season and it was chronic.

Lets keep 4-4-2 in the 90's and 00's where it belongs.

Even though we didn't play 4-4-2 under either Pele or Butcher

We need attacking midfielders

Well just watched the Rangers game on TV and when they switched to the 90s style 442 changed the game dramatically just liked we did against Queens when going two up.

2 up top is definitely the way to go in Scottish football imo.

Edited by Gregor

23 hours ago, Snafu said:

...Lets keep 4-4-2 in the 90's and 00's where it belongs.

Even though we didn't play 4-4-2 under either Pele or Butcher...

Going back a bit with Pele, who played 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and I'd say 2 up top.

Same Pele?