January signings

IBM

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Who's Matty Machado is that the Brazilian young buck ? If these young guns were good enough yet robbo would've played them look at wee McGregor great player so much better than our sideways passing genius Trafford

Aye, Brazilian lad in the U18s. Which is more or less our reserve team, as about a dozen of the "Class of 2018" are still contracted to them as well as the senior squad.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Aye, Brazilian lad in the U18s. Which is more or less our reserve team, as about a dozen of the "Class of 2018" are still contracted to them as well as the senior squad.

all the u18 squad are contracted to ICTFC and not the squad they play for. imo the main part of all this is the fact they are playing against boys and not getting the physical experience of playing against men which they would get if we had a reserve outfit. I think you will find this is one of the reasons you don't see many getting game time in the first team.

28 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

and where then does he "build up game time"?

...in games obviously.

Best not to start him in the festive derby game, or even bring him on chasing the game if we're a couple down. 

Don't think he's the type to hold back in a 50/50 which could easily end up with him out for longer.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Yesterday's game proved we need to bin White and Austin who's out of contract anyway get rid of Beith whos never gonna play and get a half decent striker in even on loan without a goal scorer we'll struggle to stay in the top 4 another season or 2 in the championship gonna be the death of the club!

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Yesterday's game proved we need to bin White and Austin who's out of contract anyway get rid of Beith whos never gonna play and get a half decent striker in even on loan without a goal scorer we'll struggle to stay in the top 4 another season or 2 in the championship gonna be the death of the club!

Totally agree Alan, White is useless unless it's handed to him on a plate and Austin is as much use now as tits on fish. I like Oakley but he's not quick or responsive enough, we need a shankland style player and these guys are not 1 in a million it's just a case of getting the right fit and instead of offering a pittance wage and hope to retain the other so called strikers, get rid of Austin and Beith and chalmers in my opinion and put the bulk of the money into getting a really hungry striker that will make all the difference. We're a really good team from the back 4 to the front bar one, we're missing that sharpness up front, give us that and we could still be a top 4 contender at worst. Serious decisions at board level to be made in Jan, give robbo decent funds to put the missing piece of the jigsaw in place or simply accept another year on the cship, it's as simple and obvious as that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Totally agree Alan, White is useless unless it's handed to him on a plate and Austin is as much use now as tits on fish. I like Oakley but he's not quick or responsive enough, we need a shankland style player and these guys are not 1 in a million it's just a case of getting the right fit and instead of offering a pittance wage and hope to retain the other so called strikers, get rid of Austin and Beith and chalmers in my opinion and put the bulk of the money into getting a really hungry striker that will make all the difference. We're a really good team from the back 4 to the front bar one, we're missing that sharpness up front, give us that and we could still be a top 4 contender at worst. Serious decisions at board level to be made in Jan, give robbo decent funds to put the missing piece of the jigsaw in place or simply accept another year on the cship, it's as simple and obvious as that 

Totally bud said at the start of the season we should've tried to get Storey back or at least a striker with a bit of movement and scoring record even if it blow the whole budget ye I'd probs bin Trafford as well young Mcgregors a better shout! The board need to show a backbone now and give Robbo money to get us into the playoffs or we'll be amid table championship side yet again who'd have thought only a few seasons ago we played Astra of the park in Europe !

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Totally bud said at the start of the season we should've tried to get Storey back or at least a striker with a bit of movement and scoring record even if it blow the whole budget ye I'd probs bin Trafford as well young Mcgregors a better shout! The board need to show a backbone now and give Robbo money to get us into the playoffs or we'll be amid table championship side yet again who'd have thought only a few seasons ago we played Astra of the park in Europe !

Whilst I quite liked Storey when he was with us, he has scored only 2 goals for Partick all year, not exactly the form of a player who could really have made a difference for us.

• Agree 4

51 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Whilst I quite liked Storey when he was with us, he has scored only 2 goals for Partick all year, not exactly the form of a player who could really have made a difference for us.

Patrick are struggling tho we make loads of chances he'd score way more goals here plus he brings something different to lumbering sluggers like Oakley and White ! Theres other strikers out there don't need lumbered with our current crop

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

and, certainly not for the salary he would be looking for. Seldom much point in football terms in looking to the past to solve the problems of the present or the future.

35 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

and, certainly not for the salary he would be looking for. Seldom much point in football terms in looking to the past to solve the problems of the present or the future.

Maybe it's the scouting network whoever looks for the strikers wow I no we ain't paying mega bucks but surely they could've got better just a look at Whites record at barrow should've been enough to no he wasn't what we needed specially with Oakley been a similiar tho slightly better style of striker!

I understand your frustration, but we are not going to find a Shankland or Dobbie that we can afford.

Over the years, we have unearthed players who have flourished with us, and often their careers have dipped after leaving us. Storey is one example of that.

I prefer Oakley of our current group of strikers, but White has scored 9 goals before new year despite not always starting. 

Until any of our youngsters are able to command a regular start, we may not find a better option, but I agree we should try.

We also need to be aware of possible injuries and suspensions. Mckay and Donaldson will pick up suspensions before too long, and Rooney is suspended now. We are probably a versatile defender light.

Time for a couple of loans, targeting players who want to make a point to their latent clubs?

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Only 2 goals White has scored much more than that :wink:

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Are you for real mate you come to the conclusion we need to bin White

Were you at the game or are you just sitting in the house making things up?

• Agree 1

On 12/30/2018 at 6:58 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Unless there is yet another Tulloch injection ?  And there will be:groovy:? - Please respond with appropriate Smiley Choice. OR ?

:banana: if you are right but I think you might be :drinking06:

Edited by IBM
  • Funny 1