January signings

IBM

24 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Robbos got a short memory he led us to believe Beith was the nxt Pirlo makes Forans sicknote look short that's a wage could've went on a better striker! Also bin the dead wood Robbo give the young boys there chance Mcgregors been impressive !

Beith is an absolute waste of time and money, I have my doubts we'll ever see him on the pitch. Time to admit that was a mistake and offload, for a club with so little funds, removing players like him is a must 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I agree that he was a great player for us, especially in the cup winning season.  Some folks on here have short memories, and cannot see past his performances towards the end of his second spell with us, when he was clearly not fully fit. Nor was he for the year at Dons/County. However I do feel now that he will struggle to get back to his best, so perhaps it is just as well that he has gone to St Midden, not that we could have afforded his wages anyway.

I can certainly see past his performances in our cup winning team, I can see all the way back to his first less illustrious spell with us when he left for greener pastures elsewhere. 

I don't agree with his great player tag - he was a good player in a very good team...a team full of quality & overachievers...and lots of graft.

I was disappointed with his performances in his financially enhanced final season with us - like a lot of the team, however it was his attitude that set him apart from the rest. 

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

No spondoolicks - No striker. Lets face it this season is more about balancing the books and Championship survival. 

How are we so fckin skint what happened to the Christie fee parachute payments drapers fee no way should we be in this shape ! A sad state of affairs for our club if all we can hope for is championship survival from europa league to getting battered by QoS in record time shambles!

We handed out silly contracts like sweeties , to guys who weren't worth half what they got.

We've been skint since relegation, fighting fires since then. 

And don't forget forans 4 year payoff.

Draper fee paid the wages for a month or two.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

We handed out silly contracts like sweeties , to guys who weren't worth half what they got.

We paid the going rate for decent quality Premiership standard players and would have continued, more or less, to break even had we not been demoted.

The mistake was giving a new contract to a manager who had started to fail badly and was in public dispute with the chairman which was then compounded by replacing him by a complete rookie who it turned out, whilst a very decent player, could neither manage or coach.

Don't blame the players for accepting what we offered for playing for a club often hundreds of miles from home.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We paid the going rate for decent quality Premiership standard players and would have continued, more or less, to break even had we not been demoted.

The mistake was giving a new contract to a manager who had started to fail badly and was in public dispute with the chairman which was then compounded by replacing him by a complete rookie who it turned out, whilst a very decent player, could neither manage or coach.

Don't blame the players for accepting what we offered for playing for a club often hundreds of miles from home.

The board stopped big yogi going to dufc getting compo for him sacked him and replaced him with possibly the worst manager to ever take an spl team and continued to back him even after the mauling at Hamilton utter madness between them and foran they've completely screwed ICT nothing to do with the players spl wages at all if yogi hadn't been sacked or even replaced with a veteran manager we'd still be a top 6 side like u say breaking even at worst!

• Agree 2

Just now, Alan Simpson said:

The board stopped big yogi going to dufc getting compo for him sacked him and replaced him with possibly the worst manager to ever take an spl team and continued to back him even after the mauling at Hamilton utter madness between them and foran they've completely screwed ICT nothing to do with the players spl wages at all if yogi hadn't been sacked or even replaced with a veteran manager we'd still be a top 6 side like u say breaking even at worst!

For once, I tend to agree with you.

4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

For once, I tend to agree with you.

The whole season under foran was a shambles I was told by a player he'd lost the dressing room before Halloween ! Shame on foran to in a way he probs didn't expect to get the gig when he applied and then got left high and dry when it went predictably went Pete Tong he'd have made an ok assistant manager maybe

28 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Where did I blame players? 

Think you misread?

I merely inferred that bumper contracts, were commonplace, many with appearance clauses and ludicrous kickers that would obviously be difficult to maintain if we came down from the top league. 

And many of the latterly signed players weren't even amateur class.

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Beith is an absolute waste of time and money, I have my doubts we'll ever see him on the pitch. Time to admit that was a mistake and offload, for a club with so little funds, removing players like him is a must 

Amazing how you are willing to write off a young player based on 7 months out with an injury (and setback) despite not knowing how good he may be or cost the club.

Too many of our fans appear to think we will always be able to get better players when in reality, i'm amazed we have signed some of the players we have within the wage structure in place. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Nonsence! We could well afford these wages in the premiership. Unfortunately getting relegated made most of them unaffordable. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

Amazing how you are willing to write off a young player based on 7 months out with an injury (and setback) despite not knowing how good he may be or cost the club.

Too many of our fans appear to think we will always be able to get better players when in reality, i'm amazed we have signed some of the players we have within the wage structure in place. 

Well said!! 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, jamie ictfc said:

Get a grip will you 

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

No spondoolicks - No striker. Lets face it this season is more about balancing the books and Championship survival. 

On 12/30/2018 at 6:58 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Unless there is yet another Tulloch injection ?  And there will be:groovy:?

So which is it?

image.png

Just been watching our Scottish Cup run on DVD. I really want to cry for where we are now. Our board never took the opportunities to promote our club, and get investors in after that. We are just about back to 1974.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, finmack said:

Just been watching our Scottish Cup run on DVD. I really want to cry for where we are now. Our board never took the opportunities to promote our club, and get investors in after that. We are just about back to 1974.

What happened in 1974?

2 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

At the Q&A session in early December, Robbo said Beith was just a couple of weeks away from being available for selection.  Since then he's yet to appear even on the bench and I haven't seen any report of further progress or setbacks.  It would be interesting to know whether he is likely to feature soon or whether there has been another setback.  I agree one should not write a player off too soon, but the brutal truth is that the club simply cannot afford to risk extending a contract on a player who hasn't been fit enough to show what he can do.

I agree with you that we have a decent crop of players considering the wages we are now paying.  Yogi had far more money for his playing budget and I think a comparison between Robbo's signings and Yogi's demonstrates just how savvy Robbo has been in his dealings.  

I have to say that I do empathise with Robbo and his challenges. He seems to have the right spirit and ,let's face it, he took over a dying duck.

As to motivation I am not sure that he quite has all the marbles lined up in a nice row but how do we know anyway, unless we ask each player individually of their opinion of Mr. Robertson ? And are some of them really old enough to fully comprehend what his ambitions are and how he will try to achieve them  when he is now drafting in  the younger set?

After all, a Manager who even tries to spend money wisely can still come a cropper through injuries to players , one bad transfer and   trying to make sure all his changes are fluid and work? But liking a man for his efforts will probably not cut it in this ICT situation where we are still wondering if anyone on the Board has  any real football smarts or are just there for the  ride so to speak. Frankly I am also wondering if many other Managers in this division also  have the same frailties and lack of money that plague us.

It seems like a disjointed framework all -round and not likely to  change radically before the season ends. And not at all, season to season , UNLESS a large sum of money is injected into the mix to galvanise the major changes needed that are readily apparent.

Comments please?

11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Yogi had far more money for his playing budget and I think a comparison between Robbo's signings and Yogi's demonstrates just how savvy Robbo has been in his dealings.  

latest?cb=20070419194711

Wynthank incoming...

• Funny 2