January signings

IBM

On 1/8/2019 at 7:07 PM, bdu98196 said:

Not that it's relevant to us now but he's spent much of the last 2 years recovering from hernia and other injuries which he was playing though when with us. So that's Tansey draper and McKay who all left then spent months getting treatment elsewhere. That to me says more about our club than the players.

Meekings has struggled badly with injury as well when he was with us and also at Dundee as well. 

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Scotland were the only undefeated side in the World Cup Finals.

What a wonderfully exhilarating and frustrating couple of weeks that was - the massed fans reception for the team arrival back at Renfrew airport was fantastic, any travellers passing through there must have thought we'd won the darn thing!

Graeme Rae came to chat to us at Hospitality at the QoS game, he was a really nice guy and did say they were looking at a couple of players, I wouldnt get our hopes up though he later said it is really hard getting players here with what little money we have.

I honestly worry about the club, where did all of our money go? was it on the players Butcher and Yogi had? Was it putting Richie in the captains chair and then paying him off and getting Robbo? Mixture of both?

Aye Robbo well lauded young Angus Beith,

Born a Jam Tart with no allegiance to Leith

But injuries and infections to his poor wee thigh

Has made many a CTO poster pull their hair out and sigh

But his three year contract is far from done

So we are bound to see him by 2021

angus-beith-180x180.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Aye Robbo well lauded young Angus Beith,

Born a Jam Tart with no allegiance to Leith

But injuries and infections to his poor wee thigh

Has made many a CTO poster pull their hair out and sigh

But his three year contract is far from done

So we are bound to see him by 2021

angus-beith-180x180.jpg

Better get a newer photo when that happens.

1 hour ago, LairdMattie said:

Graeme Rae came to chat to us at Hospitality at the QoS game, he was a really nice guy and did say they were looking at a couple of players, I wouldnt get our hopes up though he later said it is really hard getting players here with what little money we have.

I honestly worry about the club, where did all of our money go? was it on the players Butcher and Yogi had? Was it putting Richie in the captains chair and then paying him off and getting Robbo? Mixture of both?

The cost of paying two managers six figure salaries for matters horticultural didn't help but fundamentally the 'money went' on the cost of relegation. Every year out of the Premiership costs us about one and a half million pounds and it will be worse next season when the parachute payments come to an end.

The last time we went down we retained our Premiership squad and bounced back straight away but, even then, our season out of the top tier cost us a seven figure sum.

19 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The cost of paying two managers six figure salaries for matters horticultural didn't help but fundamentally the 'money went' on the cost of relegation. Every year out of the Premiership costs us about one and a half million pounds and it will be worse next season when the parachute payments come to an end. 

Mr Rae said something about that, saying we are in the red before we even kick a ball at the start of the season, whats the chances of steadying the ship and attracting a solid following in the Championship?

20 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Encouraging statement but, if there is money available rather than bringing in "one or two" I would prefer it to be spent on one forward of decent quality. Our ongoing issue is a persistent failure to convert chances made.

Cant agree unless we are going to bring in Shankland Dobbie or McKay below table shows me why we should find a way to get Oakley and White starting on the park at the same tme as it would lead to more goals.

The table below is of the current top ten scorers with Oakley and Austin,  added for comparison in the championship and shows starts to goals, White and Oakley  feature well.  In starts to goals ratio  White is 4th in league,  in mins per goal Oakley is 4th in league.What is interesting is where Walsh is in the table, while he has been lauded by a lot of fans as being an integral part of our squad which I agree with btw, the three strikers all have better goal ratios than him. Walsh has started all 19 games while the others have starts of only 10,9 and 3. Players will always have more confidence when starting and also their match fitness will increase the game time that they have. We all want more wins we all want more goals and I have always backed the strikers we have but we must find a way to always have at least two on the park at the same time.Suerley its the managers job to make sure we have every chance of winning and if we cant play with 2 centre mids as we expoae ourselve he either finds a centre midfielder that can cope with playing in a two, or change formation to 352 to accomodate the strikers who will get us goals rather than accomodate the midfielders as we are doing at present. So all this talk about misfiring strikers is a smokescreen to accomodate players who are not contributing as much as they should be.

image.png.bacf8e22740cd5c2ee1117729460fc5b.png

White and Oakley have started the least number of games than any of the others  but have certainly done well.

Robbo hasnt helped the situation only playing one striker and constantly moaning about missed chances as he has virtually thrown the strikers under a bus. without actually having a true reflection of how we get to winning games. he walked off the park at Dumfries shaking his head in disbelief as to how we managed to come back and score 3 goals, well we had two strikers on the pitch and we went for it but the fact of the matter that once again we had concede 2 or more goals. Austin who has been forgotten has even a better ratio than Walsh.

I honestlty think it would be a total waste of money to spend it on another striker but so many on here think our guys are rubbish when they are clearly not compared to others in same league.

So maybe we have to look at other areas that needs improving than constantly saying we need a new striker.

Game management is one area we need to improve on, not conceding 2 or more goals in a match needs addressed and if we addressed these areas we would be in a better position rather than take the easy option of blaming missed chances.

The Mantis is correct I am passionate about this as I want us to start winning games.

CHAMPIONSHIP TOP 10 SCORERS.xlsx

God more striker stats. White and Oakley will be too immobile together and if robbo thought they were going to be the next shearer and Sutton they would play together.

Regardless of thoughts on white our best pair is Austin and Oakley and its proven as shown last season but no point playing 2 up front if we can't create chances.

and therein lies the problem. Our strikers may not be the best but the problem does lie further back in the midfield area. We are way too slow on the counter attack and constantly have midfielders turning backwards instead of driving forward (Chalmers and Trafford are prime examples of this).

3 hours ago, LairdMattie said:

I think some fans need to appreciate that we have never had large amounts of money to play with. While in the Premiership, this was masked by sponsorship/TV deals etc and larger away supports. Our core support has never grown to any great extent despite years of trying with an apathetic Inverness public. It is also hugely difficult to get players up here from the central belt for various reasons and we don't have a sugar daddy to stump up money like County or Dundee Utd. Until we can square this circle, we will continue to struggle for money.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

With respect Mattie you should have asked Rae that as he is the man calling all the shots and making he financial decisions.

If I asked such a question I can guarantee I would have got a political answer like "We have things in place, we are exploring avenues'' or a "Thanks for coming" and he'd go to the next table. He also said he actually joined the board just as Kenny Cameron was leaving, so I suppose the better person to ask would be Mr Cameron.

My uncle got most of his time asking where he was from and what attracted him to being Chairman of the club, I chose to ask about what was planned for our 25th and then got stuck in about the hog roast before it got cold.

Edited by LairdMattie

19 hours ago, RiG said:

latest?cb=20070419194711

Wynthank incoming...

Didn't want to disappoint you RIG since you loaded the gun, you know my feelings but we can't turn the clock back, we are where we are, I'm just sorry that it was all so avoidable. I thank Yogie for the most enjoyable year as a supporter, I do not expect to see the like again in my lifetime. JR has an unenviable job. Was thinking of writing a book entitled "how to wreck a premier football club in one season"

Until we can find a Pele MkII I don't see too many managers capable of building a decent side without money, the players are just not there, you might be able to do it in the central belt like Ayr but in the north am not so sure. If we maintain ourselves as a full time championship side that's probably our level given the size of the support.

2 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Didn't want to disappoint you RIG since you loaded the gun, you know my feelings but we can't turn the clock back, we are where we are, I'm just sorry that it was all so avoidable. I thank Yogie for the most enjoyable year as a supporter, I do not expect to see the like again in my lifetime. JR has an unenviable job. Was thinking of writing a book entitled "how to wreck a premier football club in one season"

Until we can find a Pele MkII I don't see too many managers capable of building a decent side without money, the players are just not there, you might be able to do it in the central belt like Ayr but in the north am not so sure. If we maintain ourselves as a full time championship side that's probably our level given the size of the support.

Pelel did, at least in relative terms, have money. He had the largest budget when we were in the old Third Division and the old Second Division.

That said, he used that money wisely and had a great eye for a player. He also had the benefit of the novelty of the new stadium and bringing league football to Inverness. It seems that that novelty didn't take long to wear off and for apathy to set in despite our later wonderful achievements. That makes the task for any manager now much more difficult.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

To summarise

Managers fans like at ict - robbo & pele

Managers disliked - butcher & hughes

Used to be liked until getting the job now despised - foran

Can we all now move on from going over the same old ground about our management history please. Whats done is done now let's focus on where we are now and what team is needed to move forwards and provide success and stability which right now is around robbo.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

To summarise

Managers fans like at ict - robbo & pele

Managers disliked - butcher & hughes

Used to be liked until getting the job now despised - foran

Can we all now move on from going over the same old ground about our management history please. Whats done is done now let's focus on where we are now and what team is needed to move forwards and provide success and stability which right now is around robbo.

I don't dislike Butcher or Hughes for the manager's they were while they were here (though I didn't agree with everything they did of course). It was the manner they departed that dissappointed and annoyed me, for different reasons.

Foran was of course a mistake from the get go and a shambles from start to finish. 

• Agree 4