January signings

IBM

12 hours ago, Robert said:

Saw on line he is in talks with a club. 

We have brought this on ourselves. Fans near me are on his back for everything and miss the vision he has.

Not sure if it is a pre contract or whether they want him now.

Either way, we will be poorer without him but I wish him well. His goal and celebration in Dingwall when we won 3-0 springs to mind.

I really hope the fans support our local youngsters as they break through. Otherwise the lure of other clubs will overshadow us.

A number on here go on about his vision and movement but unless you sit and watch one plaster all game I’m not sure about the validity of issuing those kind of statements. Yes, a huge amount of assists.  But also a lot of missed, slack passes.  And yes, you can argue that he plays the right ball and it is the teammate who has not anticipated the pass.  But you could argue that a good player has the understanding of the squad about him too.  I think Liam has reached a point in his career, like we all do, where a change would do him good and I hope he kicks on from there in all seriousness. But I don’t agree we’ve brought it on ourselves.  I think the club need to consider a crowdfunding angle if finances are as bad as rumours say they are.  2000 maybe chipping in £50 for use in the club may free up some cash for wages?

And yes, absolutely we should get behind the locals, youngsters or anyone and I think the time is coming where they should be blooded for experience but also to get the crowds buzzing again. 

3 points today would be a start......must go and get my seat!

0C394252-023D-4F33-9EB8-758D9071F405.gif

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Satan said:

Is that starting 11 or the bench? 

Makes no difference if he's bench warming in the spfl or hfl.

9 hours ago, caleyboy said:

why put him on loan to sit on bench? The reason players are put on loan is to get game time thet can't get here.

He was on the bench for Forfar today.

8 hours ago, caleyboy said:

That being the case going on loan is a waste of time for the player.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. The lad has proved himself at HL level - so Im sure this is the next step in the ladder. According to Jim Weir he is not at Station Park to just warm the bench, but Forfar are doing well at the moment and you can not tinker to much with a winning team. 

31 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Ffs can we not go for a tried and tested striker at this level ex Warrington be another White! Mind the last guy from that type of set up he won the next top player on sky he was dire! 

Tried and tested strikers cost money which we don't have. Remember, Robbo was a great and prolific forward himself and may be sees potential in this signing. If he does sign we all need to give him a chance. As for your constant criticism of White, just who scored to secure three points for us yesterday ?

2 hours ago, Caledonianfc1885 said:

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. The lad has proved himself at HL level - so Im sure this is the next step in the ladder. According to Jim Weir he is not at Station Park to just warm the bench, but Forfar are doing well at the moment and you can not tinker to much with a winning team. 

which hl team was he on loan at?

19 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Tried and tested strikers cost money which we don't have. Remember, Robbo was a great and prolific forward himself and may be sees potential in this signing. If he does sign we all need to give him a chance. As for your constant criticism of White, just who scored to secure three points for us yesterday ?

Put a bit extra and get someone who nos the league makes sense speculate to accumulate obvs give him a chance but really at 25 if you haven't made it u ain't going to I fear it's gonna be yet another empty jersey! White is gash big deal he scores the odd goal wer the hardest team to beat in the league and yet wer 5 th hardly rocket science to work out where the problems are!