January signings

IBM

Afraid I'd rather be in dufcs position bringing in a bit of quality than ours letting go of our admittedly best of a dodgy bunch striker! Footballs a squad game wev way to much passengers to suggest ours is a strong unit a lot of the fringe players are pub league! Maybe Beith will put a shift in and shock everyone!

Every transfer window Dundee utd have splashed the cash over paid for players and continue to pay huge wages and where are they? They are still languishing in the championship. I was shocked at Oakley 's departure but overall we still have a team that can produce the goods. Austin and Oakley seemed in the past few matches to work. Let's hope one of our new squad members can make that step up and partner Austin upfront. I hope we can push on and show the likes of Dundee utd, Falkirk etc that money doesn't buy this league a good squad playing for a good manager does.

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Dundee United recruit 11 players in the transfer window to show their intent. We lose one of our strikers, have two of our best players out for weeks Injured, and end up with the same selection problems as before, I think that shows our intent. It's not a criticism, it's just reality,  we are where we are financially. United have just aquired an new American owner and have shown that they mean business in the remainder of the season, they are pushing the boat out for promotion, it may well back fire on them if they don't make it. We on the other hand, have to make a few pounds from a player who would have probably left for nothing in the summer, as most of our players seem to do. As we seem to now be having problems recruiting from the south of Scotland can we not look to the Highland League and identify the best players and keep tabs on them, and try and sign them on pre contract agreements when they are coming to the end of their contracts? Who is our scout? Do we have one or can we afford one?

The highland league is a poor standard these days if wer gonna be recruiting from there well soon be back in it!

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Afraid I'd rather be in dufcs position bringing in a bit of quality than ours letting go of our admittedly best of a dodgy bunch striker! Footballs a squad game wev way to much passengers to suggest ours is a strong unit a lot of the fringe players are pub league! Maybe Beith will put a shift in and shock everyone!

I think you are in cloud cuckoo land ? 

just a troll so why don’t you do one and leave the forum 

that’s me being nice

Would love to meet you face to face cos I think you would shrink away into oblivion

But we will never meet up cos this clown probably doesn’t go to any games . 

Edited by Gregor
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 4

2 hours ago, Gregor said:

that’s me being nice

Would love to meet you face to face cos I think you would shrink away into oblivion

A bit harsh don't you think?   You obviously dont like him or his views -  but I dont think that gives you the right to tell him to leave the forum. 

Im sure this is what a  forum is  all about - a salad bowl of mixed opinions , enriched with debates,arguments and even agreements- so why would you want Alan to leave the forum or anybody else for that matter just because you dont agree with them. Im sure he has his own opinion of your stats but I havent seen him ask you to leave the forum yet. 

If you read all the posts on here I think you will be fully aware that many dont attend games but does that mean they cannot contribute. 

Anyway  back on topic we've brought in what we could with the resources we have at our disposal and  its probably not enough offer a serious challenge to the title  but the playoffs are well within our reach.

• Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Caledonianfc1885 said:

A bit harsh don't you think?   You obviously dont like him or his views -  but I dont think that gives you the right to tell him to leave the forum. 

Im sure this is what a  forum is  all about - a salad bowl of mixed opinions , enriched with debates,arguments and even agreements- so why would you want Alan to leave the forum or anybody else for that matter just because you dont agree with them. Im sure he has his own opinion of your stats but I havent seen him ask you to leave the forum yet. 

If you read all the posts on here I think you will be fully aware that many dont attend games but does that mean they cannot contribute. 

Anyway  back on topic we've brought in what we could with the resources we have at our disposal and  its probably not enough offer a serious challenge to the title  but the playoffs are well within our reach.

So it’s all ok for him to be so critical to our players without going to games, but a couple of wee digs back to him is seen as harsh

nah don’t think so 

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Gregor said:

So it’s all ok for him to be so critical to our players without going to games, but a couple of wee digs back to him is seen as harsh

nah don’t think so 

He is entitled to his opinion just like you and I. For most I think he is on the wind up - looking for a reaction. Do you know for a fact he doesnt go to games ? Maybe it is you that doesnt go to games. Anyway I dont know what this has to do with January signings or in our case the lack of January signings.

16 hours ago, Gregor said:

that’s me being nice

I'll tell ya what pal meet me the day if u want that can be your nxt pathetic stat how many punches in the face u can take!

• Funny 4

12 hours ago, Caledonianfc1885 said:

He is entitled to his opinion just like you and I. For most I think he is on the wind up - looking for a reaction. Do you know for a fact he doesnt go to games ? Maybe it is you that doesnt go to games. Anyway I dont know what this has to do with January signings or in our case the lack of January signings.

Course most of it's a wind up supposed to be a bit of banter sites likes this always reel in some mug like the bold G man !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Eddie Ofere is a free agent. Perhaps Robbo could make a move for him? 

I cant tell if this is sarcasm, but if it isn’t, Eddie was on one of the bigger wages of the 14/15 Cup winnning squad. There is no way we could afford his wages unless he was willing to go from thousands a week down to a couple hundred max

Edited by DanielH8199

1 hour ago, DanielH8199 said:

I cant tell if this is sarcasm, but if it isn’t, Eddie was on one of the bigger wages of the 14/15 Cup winnning squad. There is no way we could afford his wages unless he was willing to go from thousands a week down to a couple hundred max

Dont see why we couldn't afford his wages if he is free agent and earning zilch