January signings

IBM

8 hours ago, Gregor said:

Are you for real mate you come to the conclusion we need to bin White

Were you at the game or are you just sitting in the house making things up?

Sitting in the house posting ridiculously bitter and angry comments as we were unfortunate to lose a game we had done enough to win against a side with double our player budget.

We were all disappointed to lose the derby but some people need some sense of perspective.

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, Gregor said:

Are you for real mate you come to the conclusion we need to bin White

Were you at the game or are you just sitting in the house making things up?

Bud what is with u and stats about White been some kinda Ronaldo are I actually him? The guys an absolute donkey of u can't see that you need to start watching shinty iv played with better players at pub level! He's slow can't jump can't hold up the ball misses chances Stevie Wonder could score ffs need I go on? Obvs I want him to turn it round just don't think there's the striker we need there better stat for ya how many chances per game does he miss??

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Sitting in the house posting ridiculously bitter and angry comments as we were unfortunate to lose a game we had done enough to win against a side with double our player budget.

We were all disappointed to lose the derby but some people need some sense of perspective.

As iv pointed out before bud no point moaning bout the budget it's how it's spent can't keep using that as an excuse for signing rubbish look at Ayr look at Livi our only problem is up top that been sorted in the summer we'd be sitting where County are!

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

As iv pointed out before bud no point moaning bout the budget it's how it's spent can't keep using that as an excuse for signing rubbish look at Ayr look at Livi our only problem is up top that been sorted in the summer we'd be sitting where County are!

For what it's worth, I am not your 'bud'. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 4

On 12/25/2018 at 2:15 PM, WYNESS101 said:

With Calder, Zak gone and OFW heading out the door this Jan. Surely that has freed up some money for at least two players.

With Tremarco being out we have being left short on the bench for defenders. Maybe a new defender? Have we got any young defenders at the club who could step up as it seems to be only midfield players and Daniel making the first team.

Ryan Fyffe who would be central defence, Cameron Harper at LB I think.  Tough for young defenders due to the physical challenge to break through but they probably have that extra yard of pace....

On 12/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Maybe it's the scouting network whoever looks for the strikers wow I no we ain't paying mega bucks but surely they could've got better just a look at Whites record at barrow should've been enough to no he wasn't what we needed specially with Oakley been a similiar tho slightly better style of striker!

Ah you are the one quoting scoring stats now ? ? 

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 3

6 hours ago, CableGuy said:

I see that Dundee have released Grant Nelson who trialled with us at start of season and I seem to remember looked pretty good, Robbo himself sounded pleased with him but it went nowhere after that 

where does he play

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

He's a striker, ex rangers player looked decent when he was up here. Don't think he got much chance at Dundee for whatever reason 

maybe not good enough but if he comes at the right price why not give him a go until the end of the season?

19 hours ago, CableGuy said:

He's a striker, ex rangers player looked decent when he was up here. Don't think he got much chance at Dundee for whatever reason 

Played Centre Midfield during his trial period with us earlier in the season. Tidy enough player when against lower level standard of opposition but isn't better than what we have already. 

That's what is key this window not getting more players in of the same standard. We need to improve the starting 11 not bulk out the squad.

Defender out -> defender in, presumably using the same money. Sensible.

All these ideas we will be signing strikers and other players, yet no suggestions where funds will come from. Unless any Premiership clubs are looking to get youngsters out for playing time and not after any financial deal then its unlikely there will be anybody - and even some of those players may be less experienced and ready for first team football than who we already have.

If Polly agrees a pre-contract with someone, I can see the club letting him leave early (if agreeable to both parties) to free up his wages (no compensation could be expected) - that may stretch to 2 new faces, but leaves another hole in our side and gap in quality.

7 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

We need a striker not a defender. 

We needed a direct replacement for Calder, whether McHatties that or not remains to be seen but its only till end of season anyway. Not a bad move, just gives us more options at the back and we've not paid out any more having severed ties with Calder 

22 minutes ago, Satan said:

Not a bad move, nor is it inspiring...Not exactly a player to come on and change a game either.

It's simply backup, with tremarco having been out and now Rooney suspended which will mean pushing Brad into RB against QOS shows very quickly how exposed we could be as the season goes on. Only until end of season so no big commitment and really just replaces the void Calder left us 

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Strange signing, as he only plays full back - I'm still waiting for the signing of the guy robbo said could play on either wing...

Looks like a proven goalscorer won't be incoming then.

And as if by magic...