Mulraney

Bronson

Couldn't afford his wages before, but we can now afford to pay him and the dud we originally replaced him with?

I wonder if our manager did this deal whilst swaning about in a posh hotel promoting the Edinburgh Derby when he should have been concentrating on the team he's paid to sort out?

There is no doubt that the lad has a lot of talent, but the question is whether that talent can be channelled to make him more of a team player.  There are also question marks about his temperament.  Having had a taste of the premiership with a big club may have given him a bit more of an insight on what he needs to do to reach the top and a loan spell with us may well be just what he needs at this stage of his career.  I seem to recall Robbo saying that Mulraney was on one of these absurd contracts whereby if he had been kept on this season his wages would have doubled.  Robbo knows all about Jake's strengths and weaknesses and if he thinks he can do a job for us, then getting Jake on loan for far less than had he not gone to Hearts may end up being a good bit of business.  Walsh on one wing and Mulraney on the other sounds good to me.

He's already been in the premiership so not sure what it would say about him that it takes a chance at a 2nd club to take on board the level of application other than being a slow learner which may indicate why his crossing has yet to improve. His appearances with hearts have been due to injuries and he's not been at all impressive. Right now he has pace which will tail off with age so he really needs to improve his all round game otherwise his career will fade away - so nothing has changed since he was at ict.

I get rained on with reddies every time I mention Doran on here. At the end of last season someone posted that we should be trying to find the money to keep either Doran or Vigurs. It was such a mad comment - Vigurs was our POTY, the heart of our team, while Doran had managed 2 or 3 decent hour long performances having been injured for most of the season. 

Maybe I can look at this more coldly because I missed a lot of the glory years while my kids were wee - I wasn't there for most of those Doran screamers but I'm here now and he's contributing very little. 

We all know Mulraney's flaws, but the quality of the side has fallen so far this season that he would improve our team right now. 

Edited by Caley Stan
  • Agree 5

I would certainly welcome him back, there were times when he really lit up the Team, I know he wasn't consistent  but very few players in this league are and when he is on form 'he will crack open many a defence also giving us the width and pace  we have lacked so much.

As D.D says Walsh on one wing and Mulraney on the other sounds good. All we need now is someone to keep putting the ball in the net.

• Agree 1