Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Women’s team finally

Hi guys I have heard from a very good  source that Caley Thistle are starting a ladies/girls team . . They are merging with Inverness city ladies and an announcement is due in the coming wks .also Inverness city girls are their teenage girls team and also are changing there name to Caley Thistle girls fc .this can only be good for the club .i know there teenage team is very talented and have an excellent coach and play football the right way and train down at millburn every Sunday morning so if anyone has teenage daughters that can string a pass get them down as I know they are entering a newly formed highland league .the senior team I believe are going to be managed by Karen mason and will continue to play in div1 

hopefully this will raise the profile of the club.

thoughts ?

1 hour ago, Coach said:

Hi guys I have heard from a very good  source that Caley Thistle are starting a ladies/girls team . . They are merging with Inverness city ladies and an announcement is due in the coming wks .also Inverness city girls are their teenage girls team and also are changing there name to Caley Thistle girls fc .this can only be good for the club .i know there teenage team is very talented and have an excellent coach and play football the right way and train down at millburn every Sunday morning so if anyone has teenage daughters that can string a pass get them down as I know they are entering a newly formed highland league .the senior team I believe are going to be managed by Karen mason and will continue to play in div1 

hopefully this will raise the profile of the club.

thoughts ?

for a club with no money how is this being funded?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

for a club with no money how is this being funded?

If Renfrew juniors can have a women’s team I’m pretty sure a professional football team can. 

• Agree 1

I know for a fact Inverness city ladies and Inverness city girls are self funded so if anything name change to begin with .hopefully it will encourage more girls especially teenage so the club can fill the girls leagues and grow from there and the girls can go up the age groups to the senior team . It would be good for them to speak also to Donnie weir at thistle girls as they have a pathway with Inverness city .all this info is coming from my ict mad niece who plays for city girls and is really excited about this 

• Agree 1

Amen. I've got a wee girl who has asked many times why ICT don't have a girls team. Can't wait to bring her to see them in our colours. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wasn't there a women's team a couple years back?

I think you are getting confused with the first team when Richie Foran was manager 

• Facepalm 1
  • Funny 6

11 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wasn't there a women's team a couple years back?

there was a woman's team associated with the club in the 90's.

Within the next year the club are looking to have girls teams at u13 //u15 //under 18 and development level. I know the current coaching set up city have as I’ve said my niece is in the development squad and it’s well run and set up with great enthusiastic coaches who give up a lot of time .one problem they have is they don’t have enough girls currently for the various age groups so if anyone knows daughters nieces sisters etc that want to try out I can get the contact details up here .lets support it and see where it goes .

I remember when ICT advertised for girls to be cheerleaders in the 90s, only for the girls to come back and say they wanted a team instead. Good on 'em!

• Agree 4

My 7 year old daughter is delighted to hear this and wants to join 😂

Edited by Fraz

Would be good if the club actually spoke to the city coaches as they are fearing for their roles  .so far they have offered nothing except a name change .they will probably come in get rid of the Inverness city coaches and replace them with young guys who have had their badges funded by the club with no idea 

2 hours ago, Coach said:

Would be good if the club actually spoke to the city coaches as they are fearing for their roles  .so far they have offered nothing except a name change .they will probably come in get rid of the Inverness city coaches and replace them with young guys who have had their badges funded by the club with no idea 

Easy to sympathise with the first part of your post. If the coaches are well thought of in the town then there’s a chance of being kept on, but being an old pals act is part and parcel of football unfortunately.

The second part just comes across as bitter and prejudiced though, and does it really matter who pays for the badges? But this is just a fans’ forum, so maybe you should be asking the club for answers instead of waiting for them to approach you...

I understand where your coming from and if it comes across as bitter it certainly wasn’t meant to be or a slight to the club .what I kind of mean is grass roots coaches don’t get the opportunities that pro clubs get .badges which are required now at any level cost money and pro clubs can freely send coaches regardless of experience thru them .clubs like city ,good grassroots clubs round Inverness can barely afford pitch fees transport etc also I’ve coached round Inverness for over 40’years seen hundreds of over qualified coaches make an erse of it .hopefully they will encourage the coaches that are in women’s football in Inverness and it would be good to see an experienced guy in like ross jack ,Danny etc that’s all I was really meaning .

• Agree 1

believe me there are many out there who think they are coaches who have never played this game and they do more harm than good.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

believe me there are many out there who think they are coaches who have never played this game and they do more harm than good.

To be fair, the same could be said of a number of coaches who have played the game.

• Agree 2

Yes absolutely ,but also you have the s.f.a handbook brigade round Inverness who don’t think out of the box and follow what the s.f.a teach them .these coaches are like zombies who set Ajax boxes and rondos up but don’t know why and the purpose for setting them up .also the Barca model came into play a few years back where coaches were trying to teach the Barcelona way to kids who couldn’t even do the basics eg first touch ,5 yard pass etc 

• Agree 1

And that’s the type of stuff that is non proactive and not going to help our girls teams.i was going to post fixtures and updates and generally keep everyone up to date about these teams ,but it’s going to be a long season for them if it’s going to be constant **** taking and to be honest the club doesn’t deserve to move forward and have these teams .hopefully city might see sense 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Coach said:

And that’s the type of stuff that is non proactive and not going to help our girls teams.i was going to post fixtures and updates and generally keep everyone up to date about these teams ,but it’s going to be a long season for them if it’s going to be constant **** taking and to be honest the club doesn’t deserve to move forward and have these teams .hopefully city might see sense 

So you judge the majority of fans based on Dougal??

Equivalent to the rest of the world judging UK people based on Boris and Rees Mogg!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Allowing the girls to get  intimately involved and/or attached to Caley Thistle is a fine  forward movement.

It should impress the punters and increase the gates. Family members will come to see the girls put on a mini-show at half time  and love  ICT for giving their  daughters a chance to shine in the limelight.

Therefore the "dancing girls" to which I have often referred to as a group  as being needed for a half-time show will now come to the fore and bring in more fans. It's a great start. And, once established, the club should be able to see the wisdom of Mr.Pimple's  suggestion for half-time visual entertainment. Progressive! --- and it's entertainment folks. :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1