Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Women’s team finally

No not at all,  announcement this wk and I hope everyone gets behind the 2 teams and makes it a success  which will then start a youth system and produce more fans and more interest in the club .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Coach said:

No not at all,  announcement this wk and I hope everyone gets behind the 2 teams and makes it a success  which will then start a youth system and produce more fans and more interest in the club .

sorry but i have no interest in woman's football and don't think i would bother watching it. if ict feel it is important to have then so be it.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

I think it's a great move hopefully it garners support and interest and they do very well. If it means more follow the club due to feeling more engaged by the community work done by the club then even better.

Shame to read the negative portrayal of coaches at the club and in Inverness though, I think it's worth remembering that almost all coaches in Inverness bar a few are unpaid and that regardless of having coaching badges paid for or not the financial cost of this is still far outweighed by the time these coaches put in. 

If footballers who have spent 20 years under some of the coaching greats can't make a success out of it how do you expect young coaches with limited coaching influences other than Primary School, Street League and Youth League starting out on this path to have a fully developed repertoire of drills. 

If by doing their badges and following the SFA templates that's a problem then maybe your criticism should be aimed at the coaching pathway as opposed to at those who willingly give up their time to coach in the structure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Coach said:

Sounds great. My eldest daughter loves playing football and going to the games with me. I hope the games are at a time we can go along to watch and maybe even take the girls team I help coach. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, Coach said:

And that’s the type of stuff that is non proactive and not going to help our girls teams.i was going to post fixtures and updates and generally keep everyone up to date about these teams ,but it’s going to be a long season for them if it’s going to be constant **** taking and to be honest the club doesn’t deserve to move forward and have these teams .hopefully city might see sense 

On 1/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, Tree said:

So you judge the majority of fans based on Dougal??

Equivalent to the rest of the world judging UK people based on Boris and Rees Mogg!

Somehow this thread evaded me at the time, to be fair to Coach he probably has no previous experience of Dougal unlike the rest of us and it's probably a sad indictment of Dougal that my first thought when I saw the thread was oh here goes I wonder what Dougal has posted.

Hey at least he hasn't let us down  

This is a positive move for the club and while it doesn't affect our core business it certainly should increase the profile which can only be positive.

This is great news for the club and I’m sure the women’s team will do fantastic and I for one will be at all the home games at millburn on a Sunday .as you might have seen in my earlier posts on this thread my niece plays for the girls development team  which are 35 girls strong . And of course she pushed me to post any info to inform and also raise a wee bit of awareness in what’s happening with girls /women’s football in Inverness .Unfortunately ict are not interested in their team and Won’t be offering any help towards the development team .for me that is dissapointing and for her she is gutted .so the club isn’t exactly being pro active in the youth side of things but have forced their youth section to change their name to ict girls fc . They will be running around in Inverness city strips and tracksuits for the foreseeable future which is a bit strange considering the name change 😳😬😀

• Agree 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, Coach said:

This is great news for the club and I’m sure the women’s team will do fantastic and I for one will be at all the home games at millburn on a Sunday .as you might have seen in my earlier posts on this thread my niece plays for the girls development team  which are 35 girls strong . And of course she pushed me to post any info to inform and also raise a wee bit of awareness in what’s happening with girls /women’s football in Inverness .Unfortunately ict are not interested in their team and Won’t be offering any help towards the development team .for me that is dissapointing and for her she is gutted .so the club isn’t exactly being pro active in the youth side of things but have forced their youth section to change their name to ict girls fc . They will be running around in Inverness city strips and tracksuits for the foreseeable future which is a bit strange considering the name change 😳😬😀

probably got a lot to do with the fact we don't even have enough income to run our first team, u18's and youth squads or have a team in the reserve league.

The views of the Supporters Trust Board in response to the Club's statement.

"ICTST are delighted to welcome the move of Inverness city ladies under the ICT ladies banner.  This is a huge step for ladies football in the Highlands, providing the right support and funding to keep the ladies game in Inverness.  This move will promote the ladies game and also encourage our younger generations to take up football.

ICTST looks forward to seeing the ICT WFC  in action in the near future."

Barking up the wrong tree here Caleyboy...all the women players are required to find funding (personal and business supported) for themselves so this deal should not be a drain of any sort on the club finances.

Edited by OkelyTokely

21 minutes ago, OkelyTokely said:

Barking up the wrong tree here Caleyboy...all the women players are required to find a minimum of £300/year (bank of dad etc) to pay for the privilege of playing for Invss City LFC/ ICTFC in the first place. They are also required to find a further minimum of £100/year sponsorship from Highland businesses to support their efforts.

Dont think you understand my post OT.

Ah, with you now cb....yeah, that's probably the case...but at least we should be aware that our womens team isn't adding to our to our finances but is adding to our profile.

• Agree 1

On 2/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, MrCaleyjag said:

Somehow this thread evaded me at the time, to be fair to Coach he probably has no previous experience of Dougal unlike the rest of us and it's probably a sad indictment of Dougal that my first thought when I saw the thread was oh here goes I wonder what Dougal has posted.

Hey at least he hasn't let us down  

This is a positive move for the club and while it doesn't affect our core business it certainly should increase the profile which can only be positive.

^^^^^^

Verging on tears.

Shame Mr Caleyjag still obviously can’t take a lighthearted joke. 

Your sensitivity is quite sweet though you remind me of my late grandmother.

Dougal

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1