Scotty

Inverness CT -V- Queen of the South

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

He didn't do pre game speech in hospitality Graham Rae informed us he has some sort of illness virus.

Absolutely this......................... Apparently he has a bad side.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

I think the time to change the coaches is now, we've stuck with this slow passing style attack since Yogi and the one guy that's still here is Kellacher. Time for a change, we're the ONLY team in the championship that once we get the ball and break actually STOP and reassess before slowly building up towards a laboured charge at goal. Both of QOS goals today came from an intercepted ball and a quick charge down the pitch, with some good passing and awareness but quickness was the key to both goals. I have never seen us do that in the last 4 years, we simply can't play that way... It always ends up stalling and passing sideways and out to the flanks before the attack fizzles out and its out for a goal kick. Throw all the new signings and exceptional strikers at this all you want, but it's the style of football we play and the way we choose to counter attack that is killing us and until this is addressed we will continue to be a mid table Cship side at best 

Doubt the club could afford to bin Robbo and the old boy network sure Robbo signed a new deal after the glorious cup win last season! You've got a point tbf with the build up play wow is it slow goes wide eventually and fizzles out! Tho if we had a more mobile strike force think we do create enough to win more games our forwards are the slowest most unpositional aware iv ever seen at any level that's down to Robbo for sure he signed them! Least big yogi had us a comfortable mid table prem side even if it was dull at times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote Barry Wilson. We have not been good enough when we go ahead, to kill teams off. Yes Barry we know that, but what are you going to do about it ? Answers are required for the supporters!

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, finmack said:

Quote Barry Wilson. We have not been good enough when we go ahead, to kill teams off. Yes Barry we know that, but what are you going to do about it ? Answers are required for the supporters!

Classic our strikers could finish of a good curry a blind man can see our problem bazza get your scouting shoes on and find a striker instead of chatting ***** bout it!

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Doubt the club could afford to bin Robbo and the old boy network sure Robbo signed a new deal after the glorious cup win last season! You've got a point tbf with the build up play wow is it slow goes wide eventually and fizzles out! Tho if we had a more mobile strike force think we do create enough to win more games our forwards are the slowest most unpositional aware iv ever seen at any level that's down to Robbo for sure he signed them! Least big yogi had us a comfortable mid table prem side even if it was dull at times!

Nah you miss my point Alan, I don't think Robbo is a big part of this problem.... My interpretation is robbo allows Kellacher to run the bulk of the coaching sessions and decide the tactics and he picks the team. It's been the same way since yogi was here and we've had foran since then too.... Robbo is a good manager but I don't think he has a huge influence in the way the team are set up to play, that I believe us down to Kellacher. Everyone used to blame rice, we can't to that now and that's 3 managers in and all the same style of play only person that's been there throughout.... Kellacher. New ideas required from top to bottom. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

Nah you miss my point Alan, I don't think Robbo is a big part of this problem.... My interpretation is robbo allows Kellacher to run the bulk of the coaching sessions and decide the tactics and he picks the team. It's been the same way since yogi was here and we've had foran since then too.... Robbo is a good manager but I don't think he has a huge influence in the way the team are set up to play, that I believe us down to Kellacher. Everyone used to blame rice, we can't to that now and that's 3 managers in and all the same style of play only person that's been there throughout.... Kellacher. New ideas required from top to bottom. 

You could be right he's been there the whole time with nobody pointing the finger maybe time to get rid eh can't be rewarded for failures! Defo need a change of tactics far to slow when it matters!  I like Robbo myself tbh tho unpopular as he was I was a big yogi fan as well specially when u consider how quickly it went bad when he left! Kellagher out Houston in as assistant manager??

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Nah you miss my point Alan, I don't think Robbo is a big part of this problem.... My interpretation is robbo allows Kellacher to run the bulk of the coaching sessions and decide the tactics and he picks the team. It's been the same way since yogi was here and we've had foran since then too.... Robbo is a good manager but I don't think he has a huge influence in the way the team are set up to play, that I believe us down to Kellacher. Everyone used to blame rice, we can't to that now and that's 3 managers in and all the same style of play only person that's been there throughout.... Kellacher. New ideas required from top to bottom. 

Is this a joke. Why the hell is John Robertson the manager then. He's been paid to do bugger all if this is the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Downinthedumps said:

All the top teams play this way only difference they have players of a higher standard 

We are not a top team. On that basis, maybe we should try playing a different way.

What we are doing, or attempting to do, now certainly isn't working.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What frustrates me most, is that there is not a huge deal of difference in all the Champioship teams in terms of player quality. Each team ( as results have shown) can beat each other on any given day. Our players are no better or worse than the rest of the league. Where I think we continue to become undone, is our set up and tactics. Today and last week were a good example. Played better and conspire to lose. I don’t see any management injection that changes in response to the game to grind out a win. All I see is stick with the same pedestrian tactics and hope for the best. All players can do better (some more than others) but likely they are only following a set of instructions and set prices from training. I think it’s the training and tactics that need to change !!!!!!! What do they see that we can’t ????? And vice versa ?????

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inverness Caley Thistle first team coach Barry Wilson said: "We are extremely disappointed. It was a game where we felt we should have won. "I thought we were in control and then one of the worst things that happens is we score a goal. We went in front and we dropped off and played deeper - we let Queen of the South into the game.

Again is this a joke? "One of the worst things that happens is we score a goal" How do we win games if we don't score? 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

 

Polly was brilliant in the first half but seemed to loose his spark in the second and went back to his huffy attitude.

 

 

Don't think any of our players could be described as 'brilliant' least of all Liam Polworth,   they all looked flat with little desire,  whether it was tactics or attitude i don't really know but it's a worry how  we can turn a lead into a defeat so easily.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

What frustrates me most, is that there is not a huge deal of difference in all the Champioship teams in terms of player quality. Each team ( as results have shown) can beat each other on any given day. Our players are no better or worse than the rest of the league. Where I think we continue to become undone, is our set up and tactics. Today and last week were a good example. Played better and conspire to lose. I don’t see any management injection that changes in response to the game to grind out a win. All I see is stick with the same pedestrian tactics and hope for the best. All players can do better (some more than others) but likely they are only following a set of instructions and set prices from training. I think it’s the training and tactics that need to change !!!!!!! What do they see that we can’t ????? And vice versa ?????

Hallelujah! I have been saying this for so long it is the tactics to blame but nothing ever changes

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been saying this for most of the games I have seen in the last couple of seasons, how come our opponents can cut through us like a knife through butter and be in our box in one or two passes and score or get a shot away, while we wait till they are back in their shape, pass it across the pitch and back, and then try to play through them, with no pace or desire? That's great if you have players that can take on a man and beat him, but we don't. The tactics are wrong, the team selection is wrong, but Robbo can't or won't change it. On the odd occasion when we have broke with pace, we have scored or at least had a chance, but these are few and far between.  Maybe Robbo needs to buy a job lot of County masks, and make our opponents wear them, so the players think they are playing County every week and up their game!!!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I have been saying this for most of the games I have seen in the last couple of seasons, how come our opponents can cut through us like a knife through butter and be in our box in one or two passes and score or get a shot away, while we wait till they are back in their shape, pass it across the pitch and back, and then try to play through them, with no pace or desire? That's great if you have players that can take on a man and beat him, but we don't. The tactics are wrong, the team selection is wrong, but Robbo can't or won't change it. On the odd occasion when we have broke with pace, we have scored or at least had a chance, but these are few and far between.  Maybe Robbo needs to buy a job lot of County masks, and make our opponents wear them, so the players think they are playing County every week and up their game!!!

Spot on.

I watched ICT from 1994 until 2008 when I moved to the Central Belt : have only seen a handful of matches since then.

After Yogi's reign, I was shocked at how bad we had become during the ill fated Foran season : the matches I have witnessed this season give no cause for optimism. We have no leader, no shape and no passion : things ICT teams always had no matter what division we were in.

……. and again we are struggling to hang on to a play off spot.

Something has to change but as one poster said, I guess we don't have the cash to ditch Robbo so alternative plans are needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or await shankland to return and sign off at Ayr with another hat trick and rip our defence a new one.

I know where I'd put money......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team looks devoid of confidence. Like when we go up in a game we're nervous as hell and don't know how to cope. 

We also seem to never learn from previous games. How many points have we thrown away in the last 10/15 minutes? 12 perhaps 15 points? It's ridiculous.  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players also know we don't have a depth of squad for them to be dropped. Even if they play consistently rubbish they will still start. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

The players also know we don't have a depth of squad for them to be dropped. Even if they play consistently rubbish they will still start. 

that kind of attitude is totally unacceptable for professional footballers and if it's the case those players should be identified and replaced.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

that kind of attitude is totally unacceptable for professional footballers and if it's the case those players should be identified and replaced.

Wont happen at our club or any other. Look at recent seasons Leicester, Chelsea, Man U - players give zero f**ks and wont play for a manager > manager sacked > super star form returns along with passion and desire.

Unfortunately in the ICT case, there may be a few who could give a bit more but there limitations isnt desire but ability, they can only give what they have in their lockers. Sadly we have a limited talent pool and perhaps the style of play and tactics isnt tailored enough to that level as we are at the market level now where many players dont have the football brain to adapt to new formations & tactics quickly enough and any trial period eats away at valuable game time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must confess yesterday left me almost as gutted as losing in Dinge  Wall.  I genuinely (naively?) believe that our players have shown themselves to be as good as any other in the league on occasion. Problem is we aren’t doing that with consistency and like many I just think tactically we are crying out for a change.  We seem so pedestrian in attack with no real urgency to get forward and in behind and most of our goals have come from a quick passing movement not the laborious slow build up we seem to favour.  I can’t remember a game where we have had a series of balls played in front for someone to run on to, our strikers seem to have the ball played mainly when they are facing away from goal - fine if they are then laying of to someone on a burst but this isn’t happening.  Other results went our way Friday/ Saturday but we didn’t capitalise and it is now going to take a big effort for the players to step up every week or we are mid table at best.  Big game v Ayr, obvs, and a “must win” again.  In terms of a squad, we must get behind the boys and support but they also have to do their bit; but that must include the coaches/ Robbo giving them the right shape and tactics.  

75BE4A4C-1DBA-4CCB-9358-2701B266C7DB.gif

Edited by Weekend Hacker
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Having just gone 1-0 ahead all in my vicinity agreed that the next twenty minutes were going to be a nightmare......................

And so it proved. I know we have scored more goals than some teams, but man for man we must have the worst strikers in the Championship. How often did good opportunities turn out to be wasted opportunities through lack of application or choice. The cracks we once had are now chasms of drivel. 

Priority MUST be a decent striker. Someone like Dario Zanatta might fit the bill. Has to be better than our static striker who looks like he his running in treacle.

Totally disagree mate have a look at the other strikers in the league and look at their ratios and compare with ours , only Shankland Dobbie and McKay have better ratios of starts to goals . We have decent strikers , Why are you looking at the strikers to blame for yesterday as in your own words you said the next twenty minutes were going to be a nightmare. That is because you don’t have any faith in our defence to maintain the lead but you continue to blame the strikers who have just created and scored and excellent goal , that doesn’t make sense at all . When  we went in front after going two up front with a well worked goal , that big donkey and traffic cone as some call him , having a very good assist and a very good finish from Walsh. 

But as in many times this season we proceed to lose two goals , that is what needs looked at as we can’t keep conceding two goals and expect to win games. The spotlight needs to be put on the defence but lots of fans like yourself keep blaming White especially, which is bizarre when he has a very good scoring ratio, and talking about missed chances and Totally overlooking the fact that we concede too many goals.

Last week we lost the game and so many blamed the missed chances but forgot that the county keeper had a good few outstanding saves  so much so he got man of the match.

I think missed chances  are sitters , and how many sitters did we miss in last two games but we have conceded 4 goals in last 2!games.

Priority is to stop conceding goals especially 2 a game.

 

 

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.