After Dunfermline part company with AJ could Robbo be under pressure

Gregor

AJ has moved on from Dunfermline as they make a change in management. I had a look at their league position and they are only one place behind us with two points less than ourselves. It was interesting to note that AJ has actually won more games than Robbo having a 30% win ratio whereas Robbo has only a 26% win ratio , which is second lowest in the league.

Dunfermline deemed this not good enough so could  Robbo be under pressure if he doesn’t win next couple of league games.

Whats everyone’s thoughts on this?

No. He just signed a new contract. Whether results improve or not, the board have installed him for the long haul, which means rebuilding the team in a financially stable manner.

AJ was sacked because he went from a team which made the play-offs last season and was backed financially with a budget that allows for a number of experienced Premiership players so as a team are sitting below where that squad should be on paper.

If our Board was seriously looking at promotion this season, then they would be pumping money into the club and Robbo would have a better range of players to achieve this aim.

Existing players would then be parting company with the club, but Robbo wouldn't.

Robbo would then win promotion, like he did the last time he was with us, and the Board pumped money into the club.

Money, as it turns out, that the club couldn't really afford!

52 minutes ago, Buster said:

Robbo is the top (equal) least losing manager in the league.

Statistically speaking he's better at managing than White is at scoring.

Haha nice one Buster but not losing will not really get us anywhere , it’s wins we need.

However I’m sure you  said only a few days ago that he wasn’t making any progress and would be off in a few weeks ? 

Edited by Gregor

8 minutes ago, buckett said:

If our Board was seriously looking at promotion this season, then they would be pumping money into the club and Robbo would have a better range of players to achieve this aim.

Existing players would then be parting company with the club, but Robbo wouldn't.

Robbo would then win promotion, like he did the last time he was with us, and the Board pumped money into the club.

Money, as it turns out, that the club couldn't really afford!

The problem is you just can’t move on a host of players on who are under contract but you can part company with the manager far easier and promote the assistants just like Dunfermline.So I’m not sure  he will survive regardless of results.

Edited by Gregor
  • Disagree 2

We dont have the money to pay off Robbo - he would have to just be given gardening leave and paid out over time like Foran (who we are probably still paying for) . Its likely Robbo is on more than a lot of the squad and if we cant get rid of them then there's no chance the board will get rid of the man they wanted and has personal ties.

Promoting from within? I'm not sure there will be many calling for Kellacher to take over!!!!

Getting rid of Robbo would be folly. 

1. We'd have to pay significant gardening leave yet again. 

2. Who would we bring in that could realistically do a better job?

3. We've no money to pay 2 managers yet again.

4. He's doing the best he can petty much. (imo). 

• Agree 10

54 minutes ago, Satan said:

Are we really considering this?

No I don’t think so , just put it out there to see what everyone thought as Dunfermline made a decision to change yet they are only two points below us. 

Edited by Gregor
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Looking carefully at the overall financial position , changing horses in mid-stream is folly.

Robbo is probably doing the best he can with very limited  resources. 

If an injection of funds is expected at this point  then from whom would all this  money come from?  It does look as if the Board members are not  inclined to inject personal money into the club or is my understanding of this situation not correct?

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Looking carefully at the overall financial position , changing horses in mid-stream is folly.

Robbo is probably doing the best he can with very limited  resources. 

If an injection of funds is expected at this point  then from whom would all this  money come from?  It does look as if the Board members are not  inclined to inject personal money into the club or is my understanding of this situation not correct?

you are right. roddy ross has always been more than generous when needed.

Can’t believe we still refer to investments. These are donations as an investment usually means a return plus interest!  These are donations and I am under the impression that the Muirfield boys have injected a decent wedge thus far.  I like Robbo, he is honest about what we have and given time I think he will do well. He is committed so let’s crack on.  Great performance today, amazing how different everyone’s demeanour is on here and leaving the ground. 

C7087357-14F1-4B64-92ED-CC0D5D0BB7B9.gif

• Agree 1