After Dunfermline part company with AJ could Robbo be under pressure

Gregor

If  the Board of ICT  think that changing horses in mid-stream is not a good idea then "Sit tight and pray" may be the answer  this season.

All newer Managers need to be given time to "bed-in" and really get a grip on their player roster, and the actual state of the financial picture re the club, before they make a dynamic (and possibly costly) move.

Oh, and loyalty should surely  play a part in any well-run organisation ?  People need time to weather storms , bed-in, invest and try out new ideas. With the apparent lack of money available at ICT  these days surely the best strategy is to  sit-tight, back the Manager and spend wisely rather than in desperate fashion.

And no more contracts like that made available to Richie Foran who was a great player but apparently had little or no experience in Management whereas John Robertson does. JR is also calmer and more of a thinker than I believe R F was. Stay the course appears to be the best strategy for ICT at this time .

But they must bring on the dancing girls, or SOMETHING , at half time !!!!!!!  -----because this is ENTERTAINMENT folks and if they want more fans to come to games then  they must cater to families and bored bodies freezing on the terracing.

EVEN Summer football would be an advancement. Standing in freezing weather  and chittering is never going to be a recipe for success.---- IMHO at least.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, Buster said:

Robbo is the top (equal) least losing manager in the league.

Statistically speaking he's better at managing than White is at scoring.

Cheap shot, nothing wrong with White's scoring record at any of his professional clubs including ours, he's not van Basten but we are not Milan. Give the guy a break.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Cheap shot, nothing wrong with White's scoring record at any of his professional clubs including ours, he's not van Basten but we are not Milan. Give the guy a break.

Like many of White's shots, that seems to have gone clear over your head.

Just now, Buster said:

Like many of White's shots, that seems to have gone clear over your head.

Maybe, and even if it was in fun am fed up with people making White the butt of jokes on here, am pretty sure he reads this forum too, the guy has an excellent scoring ratio at the standard he has played at so far, cut him some slack, put yourself in his shoes or boots in this case.

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Maybe, and even if it was in fun am fed up with people making White the butt of jokes on here, am pretty sure he reads this forum too, the guy has an excellent scoring ratio at the standard he has played at so far, cut him some slack, put yourself in his shoes or boots in this case.

I'm going to complain to the BBC Weather as they said we weren't due any snow until the end of the month!

Gregor was the butt of the joke, but I'm sure many would welcome your suggestion that we put someone else in White's boots.

You misunderstand me.  Given the chance I'd have a statue made of the big fella.

....and I'd play it ahead of him to inject a bit of movement up front.

You know what I find rather odd is Robbo’s relationship with the club. When he was at County he walked away without hesitation when he wasn’t backed financially by the County board at that time yet he seems to act the complete polar opposite with ICT who you could argue that are in even more financial difficulties than County were then.

I don’t buy into this emotional tie to the club and the highlands considering he couldn’t wait to get back to Gorgie previously

Something just doesn’t add up in my eyes 

Dougal

1 hour ago, dougal said:

You know what I find rather odd is Robbo’s relationship with the club. When he was at County he walked away without hesitation when he wasn’t backed financially by the County board at that time yet he seems to act the complete polar opposite with ICT who you could argue that are in even more financial difficulties than County were then.

I don’t buy into this emotional tie to the club and the highlands considering he couldn’t wait to get back to Gorgie previously

Dougal

It's a job!

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

His relationship with McGregor was the problem, money was the excuse.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, Buster said:

You misunderstand me.  Given the chance I'd have a statue made of the big fella.

....and I'd play it ahead of him to inject a bit of movement up front.

Remember that not all good strikers are fleet of foot Boyd, Harston, Muller, these guys could go missing for 85mins of a game. I want my main striker around the penalty spot/6yd box not moving outside the box.

This point was made to Gary Lineker when he went to Barcelona, when he made wide runs for his own midfield or closed down full backs as he did in England the coaches asked him what he was playing at, they wanted him in the 6 yard box and fresh for when the chance came along, different philosophy.

• Facepalm 1