So WHAT do you know about Kilby ?

East Kilbride WHO ? 

Established in 2010, 'Kilby' are the town's newest football club. East Kilbride compete in the Scottish Lowland League and play their home matches at K-Park within Calderglen Country Park.

Is this the return of the "Proc" ?

They appear to be on a bit of a winning streak ?

To save Robbo organizing a Leeds United style "reccy" what is the inside knowledge ?

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Aye, there's a chance that the Man, the Myth, the Legend, David Proctor could be making an appearance in Inverness, hopefully the fans aren't too harsh against him...

David Proctor, legend???.  What are you on? Good player, yes, but legend?  Not in my book. But what do I know?  As I've  commented on before, 'legend' seems to be banded about far too easily these days when applied to former players.  

• Agree 2

Had a chat with Proctor last season when they played Whitehill Welfare my wee team. Saw them in a league game this season when they beat Leith Athletic 2-0. Procs went to Airdrie as a coach but is back playing now. Will be 35 in May.

The only other player you will have heard of is Chris Humphrey who was with Motherwell. Not really sure what he's doing there as he's only 31 but came out of retirement. Was released by Bury and has had a few injuries. The rest of the squad have some experience at the likes of Albion Rovers. Also the interim manager is Stuart Malcolm who was at County for 2 years.

They are certs to win the LL and will probably play Cove. 2 years ago they got through to the playoff final but were a bit unlucky to lose to Cowden on penalties. Should be stuffy and hard to break down but let's face it they're level 5.

The badge is the Gille-Bride or the Oystercatcher which is a symbol of St Brigit or St Bride who is associated with the town. So there.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

There gash we should put 4 past any team playing at that level no better than a half decent HL side! 

The sort of complacency that saw both Thistle and Caley take many a league scalp when we were in the Highland League.

A cup run would be a great boost to the fans, the players and, perhaps most importantly, the coffers. We are in no position to take anyone for granted.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

Bride--the name is in my memory somewhere from way back in history. Something to do with  King Bride .

Was he a Pictish King and did he live up at Craig Dunain , or both, way back when?

Where is IHE when you need him? . You lived up at Craig Dunain did you not?   I am sure I am  on to something here.

I’ve seen East Kilbride a few times over the past 3-4 years. They are ambitious and want to gain promotion to league two as fast as possible.  With them being the second largest town in Scotland by population and even more than Inverness I believe? They will start picking up more and more fans as the years go by. They also managed to get through quite far in the Scottish cup a couple years ago and played Celtic. I think they lost 2-0 but they played well. 

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Even white should bag a few against this poor rag tag mob if we don't beat them by 4 goals I'll eat Whites toe nail on a granary roll!

Shouldn't disrespect the opposition Alan, if the players go out with that attitude it wont end well, I expect EK to be well organised and if we get sloppy they will score. I think it will be tighter than you think.

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Shouldn't disrespect the opposition Alan, if the players go out with that attitude it wont end well, I expect EK to be well organised and if we get sloppy they will score. I think it will be tighter than you think.

It’s not the opposition he is disrespecting Wynthank15 it’s one of our own players.

However I agree with you. we need to be very careful, but we should beat them.

• Facepalm 1

We just have to remember what happened to a number of premier clubs in England in the last round of the F.A cup, if you don't respect your opponent. We need to approach this cup tie with the same work rate and passion as if we were playing one of the top sides, and then, we will hopefully get the right result. Remember,  Celtic only beat them 2-0 in the Scottish cup in 2016, because they were well organised, and we know what can happen when you don't approach the game in the right way, as I think we were guilty of when we got knocked out of the Irn Bru cup by Dunfermline, who I believe had seven youth players in their ranks. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Never heard them called Kilby by anyone on the West coast - its just E.K.

People around the club call them Kilby all the time. So does their website. Definitely catching on gradually even if it’s pretty naff. Heard E.K. Thistle getting called E.K. though.

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I used to exclaim EEK whenever I heard Thistle. Humprey was a pace Merchant at Muvveprsmell. I can recall him roasting Tremarco at Fir Park. So they could be in the Second Division next season ?

Although cove were put out by Auchinleck this season in the Scottish Cup i’d still fancy Cove to win the playoff. 

On 1/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

David Proctor, legend???.  What are you on? Good player, yes, but legend?  Not in my book. But what do I know?  As I've  commented on before, 'legend' seems to be banded about far too easily these days when applied to former players.  

Proc did a great turn for our club. He slotted in to anywhere he was asked and put in a shift. He was in the pub before the cup final in 2015. All round decent guy. A club stalwart. 

• Agree 1

EK were formed as a result of a merger and like us they are from one of the biggest towns in Scotland but have a very poor support In comparison to their population.

There are even more old firm supporters in East Kilbride than Inverness 

Dougal