Favourite cup memory?

KC_ICTFC1994

Coming back from being 3-0 down at home against Ayr United to win 4-3 was good. A typical Pele performance.

However, that was probably topped by beating East Fife in a replay at Methil just because with a couple of minutes to go, their arrogant player manager Steve Archibald subbed himself so he could take acclaim from the fans for their narrow 'win' a situation we then remedied within seconds before going on to win.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Coming back from being 3-0 down at home against Ayr United to win 4-3 was good. A typical Pele performance.

However, that was probably topped by beating East Fife in a replay at Methil just because with a couple of minutes to go, their arrogant player manager Steve Archibald subbed himself so he could take acclaim from the fans for their narrow 'win' a situation we then remedied within seconds before going on to win.

This was my best memory aswell. Can't beat a good fight back.

• Agree 1

Nothing like a good dose of nostalgia to cheer us up!

I think I would also  go with David Raven's winner in the semi in 2015, probably as it is the most recent.  If we were to extend OP's question to include League Cup, then Nick Ross's last gasp equaliser versus Hearts when we were down to 9 men, before going on to win on penalties, is right up there for me.

• Agree 1

Great thread allowing us all a wonderful walk down memory lane. Scottish Cup has been by favourite competition since watching Thistle 'giant killing' Queens Park at Kingmsmills all of half a century ago.

Never, even in my wildest dreams, did I then think I would be at Hampden watching a team from Inverness win it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Beating Hertz at Tynie in 2002.

That was a great day out. Had a group bet of a 3-1 win and Rossco to score first. And Bagan's clincher is simply stuck in my memory banks for ever.

Hearts: Niemi, Webster (Kirk 62), Severin, Mahe, Maybury, Flogel, Gronlund, Fulton, McCann (Simmons 46), Fuller, Wales (Adam 82).

Subs not used: McKenzie, Kaczan.

Inverness CT: Walker, Tokely, Mann, McCaffrey, McBain, Munro, Duncan, Christie (Bagan 49), Robson, Ritchie, Wyness.

Subs not used: Calder, Bavidge, Golabek, Stewart.

Booked: Duncan, Robson.

Att: 12,016

Referee: Alan Freeland

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Barry Wilson's 76 yard screamer at Motherwell going over Gordon Marshall into the roof of the net.

I remember that game , and that goal (the only one of the game as I recall) very well.  I remember, because of flight times from London, I got to Glasgow, and subsequently Motherwell very early,  a good couple of hours before the game. Ended up in a pub pre match where I met a 'scout' who was up to watch a Motherwell forward on behalf of Graeme Souness.  Can't for the life of me think who that could have been now. 

The Semi-final winner against Celtic is up there, not least becaue I took a Megabus sleeper coach overnight from London to get to the match.....but Vincent's winner in the Final, a) because I was  there , b) because it was super-tense being down to 10men, conceding the lead and with Falkirk in the ascendancy and c) because my other team has been 7 minutes or so away from winning a proper Cup twice, so to actually see ICT pull it off makes me kinda weepy

• Agree 1

Other than the great day in Glasgow, knocking Celtic out of the SC 1-0 after they had beaten Liverpool at Anfield on the road to Seville. Don't think I've ever seen the stadium so packed, must have been THE record crowd whatever the "official" stats may show. A great moment from that night was when Charlie Nic and Jim White were walking across to the commentary box on the west side a well kenned face shouted Charlie Charlie what will the score be to which Charlie replied 5-0, the well kenned face replied Aye, but who to Charlie. A brilliant result often forgotten and overshadowed by the Parkhead match.

• Like 1