Favourite cup memory?

KC_ICTFC1994

22 hours ago, TheCaleyOne said:

For me it has to be the moment David Raven scored the screamer against Celtic in the semi final, pure joy 

Definitely. The look of sheer surprise and joy on his face!

• Agree 2

Celtic 1-0 March in 2003, those were great days to be an Inverness fan and by far the best atmosphere I’ve witnessed at the stadium. I don’t think there was one player in that squad that I didn’t rate.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Lots of good memories but I think I'll go for the 1-0 home win against Celtic in 2003 for a number of reasons.  For a start, I wasn't able to get to the rearranged game on 2000 due to work commitments so the game itself is not a memory for me. But whilst less of a fairy tale win, the 2003 win was in many ways a far more important and impressive result.

Consider the background.  Having beaten Celtic in the famous game in 2000, there may not have been an expectation for us to win again, but there was certainly an expectation for us to be competitive. This would have put pressure on the team.  Having been seriously embarrassed in 2000, Celtic would have come North determined to put us in our place and would not have been under-estimating us at all.  They were also a very much better team in 2003.  They only lost 3 league games all season and had the great Henrik Larson in the team.  Beating them in those circumstances was just such a superb achievement and demonstrated that we were a team that could genuinely compete at a higher level.  That and the atmosphere in the ground made it a truly memorable day.  The fact that it was my Birthday also helped!

Just as a footnote, our next home hatch in the league was against Queen of the South when we had a crowd of just 1656.  That maybe puts our current level of support in perspective and shows that whilst we would love more folk to come to games, it is maybe not really that bad.

• Agree 2

The 1-3 win at Parkhead away back in 2000 was the best night ever cup game but the 3-2 semi final just wins by a whisker for me.  Both against the mighty Celtic and us with Christie playing in both games father and son!

For me the 3 cups wins v Celtic and the one at Tynie were better, more euphoric, than the cup final itself, largely because they were so unexpected.

Barry Wilson’s opener in the 3-1 was an incredible moment, after  what felt like several minutes of celebration and hugging strangers, I remember saying to someone that I don’t mind if we go on to lose 6-1, to see ICT scoring and leading at Celtic Park was something I never ever expected to see. And then the night just got better and better. If only you could bottle that feeling.

Almost 6 years old as a club, finding our feet in the 1st division...no one gave us a snowball's chance in hell.

After the Saturday call off most of the optimism had been replaced with a sobering dose of realism for the trip down on Tuesday ...but when Paul Sheerin calmly stuck the ball past Gould we all knew that was it, even with so long left to go.

We had arrived, we had battered the fight out of them on their own patch.

The good times had begun. This was the most important,and impressive moment in our history (until we beat a diddy team in the final). Never mind us, it's what the rest of the country remembers us for.

That night.

Edited by Satan

There are too many to pick from - the Cup has been fairly good to us.  The night we went ballistic and celtic were atrocious springs to mind but I loved the Dundee Utd reply at home in the 4th round in 98 when we were 2 down with minutes left and still took it to extra time. We my have lost but the atmosphere was electric that day. Great memory

• Agree 2

On 1/22/2019 at 9:30 AM, Doofer said:

There are too many to pick from - the Cup has been fairly good to us.  The night we went ballistic and celtic were atrocious springs to mind but I loved the Dundee Utd reply at home in the 4th round in 98 when we were 2 down with minutes left and still took it to extra time. We my have lost but the atmosphere was electric that day. Great memory

That was one of my better nights on teletext.