Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

It's on according to the club's twitter feed.

Will be interesting to see I feel any of the youngsters start. Presumably Rooney and Mckay back from suspension, with Mckay replacing Donaldson, who I hope will not be out for long.

Remember the minute's tribute for young Dawn in the 16th minute. Her family will appreciate it. 

Good first half and could have been six by half time. Doran was excellent and scored a great goal. Second half we got sloppy and East Kilbride had a bit more possession but didn't create much. Ridgers had one good save to make. Should have had another couple late on but good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the score down. 

A good first half where the game was effectively and efficiently won within half an hour. Those who are constantly on Jordan White's back may care to note that he is now on double figures for the season with almost half of it still to go.

We did ease off and become a bit sloppy in the second half but I didn't mind that too much.

We certainly gave Aberdeen a lesson on how to clinically dispose of opposition two or more tiers below.

• Agree 1

A very professional job.  Good pressure early on to establish a comfortable lead.  It could easily have been more if McGinley had not been on such good form in goal for East Kilbride.  Oakley was one of the players denied  after he had created space for himself to unleash a powerful shot goalwards.  This was after a great team move started by terrific work from Rooney deep in our half half when he released the ball from the touchline under pressure from two East Kilbride players.  Austin was also denied by McGinley in the 2nd half but only he will know why he didn't hit it earlier with an empty net beckoning.

Doran MOTM for me.  He was excellent last week as well and seems to be be getting back to something like his best.  I sense that his captaincy duties weighed heavily on him and that he feels more relaxed to play his natural game now that Carl is back.  Good to see Polworth get back on the score sheet again.  We need him scoring a bit more often than he has so far this season so hopefully this will give him the lift he needs..  Also good to see David Proctor back in Inverness and great applause for him from the Inverness fans when he had to be subbed early in the 2nd half.  

Brilliant to see the whole stadium stand and join in the applause for Dawn in the 16th minute.  Credit to all the East Kilbride fans who  showed great respect in joining in too.  It shows that despite our differences and our rivalries, at the end of the day we are all decent and compassionate folk.  All in all, a very good day out.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, tm4tj said:

As Robert said, here is the confirmation

That is not a pic from today as I was getting tickets yesterday and when I looked in the pitch was clear.

Hard to talk down after a good 4 goal win but we should have been more roofless which is why we have been clawed back by better teams this season. 

I agree with DD. A strong start made the game safe. It could have been six or seven by half time. White had a great turn and shot that the keeper saved well, whilst several efforts were saved or came close.

Possibly inevitably, the second half was subdued with the game won.

East Kilbride did have more possession, but rarely threatened and I only recall Ridgers having one save.

McCart again the pick of the defence, but Rooney got forward well.

In midfield, Chalmers continued being more positive, but Doran was the stand out. Yes, he has lost pace, but his creativity was apparent.

White and Oakley both put in a good shift.

Given how Ayr fans will be feeling, we did what we needed to do.

Pity it was a small crowd, but some noise from the north stand, and a great tribute to young Dawn.

I'm hoping we draw County in the last 16....

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

I agree with DD. A strong start made the game safe. It could have been six or seven by half time. White had a great turn and shot that the keeper saved well, whilst several efforts were saved or came close.

Possibly inevitably, the second half was subdued with the game won.

East Kilbride did have more possession, but rarely threatened and I only recall Ridgers having one save.

McCart again the pick of the defence, but Rooney got forward well.

In midfield, Chalmers continued being more positive, but Doran was the stand out. Yes, he has lost pace, but his creativity was apparent.

White and Oakley both put in a good shift.

Given how Ayr fans will be feeling, we did what we needed to do.

Pity it was a small crowd, but some noise from the north stand, and a great tribute to young Dawn.

I'm hoping we draw County in the last 16....

Agree with all of that apart from the last sentence. I like the cup to hold a bit of novelty. Accordingly, rather than play County for the fifth time this season, I would prefer a winnable home tie against a club from a different division.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic