Inverness CT -V- East Kilbride

Scotty

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Agree with all of that apart from the last sentence. I like the cup to hold a bit of novelty. Accordingly, rather than play County for the fifth time this season, I would prefer a winnable home tie against a club from a different division.

...or league.

Barring a miracle we aren’t going to win the cup but I’d love to get Auchinleck, failing that a home tie against one of the big guns, Celtic Rangers Aberdeen would be a decent crowd probably some tv money which would be good for the clubs finances 

Had a great day out yesterday. Doran was a good pick for MOTM well deserved he played well and could/should have had more. Fair play to Kilbride they kept plugging away even after the game more or less being over after half an hour, their keeper also pulled off some cracking saves. Hopefully we get a decent draw later and can get ourselves into the next round 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Rooney looked really out of sorts yesterday he shrugged his shoulders more often than polworth but polworth does it when he makes a mistake, at goalkicks he walked up the pitch with his back to the keeper totally disinterested, can only think he was a bit out of sorts or under instructions not venture to far forward

7 minutes ago, bigman said:

Rooney looked really out of sorts yesterday he shrugged his shoulders more often than polworth but polworth does it when he makes a mistake, at goalkicks he walked up the pitch with his back to the keeper totally disinterested, can only think he was a bit out of sorts or under instructions not venture to far forward

We won with ease, scored four goals and with a bit of good fortune, could have doubled that, we kept a clean sheet. Is it really time to publicly criticise any of our own players ?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We won with ease, scored four goals and with a bit of good fortune, could have doubled that, we kept a clean sheet. Is it really time to publicly criticise any of our own players ?

Guy behind me yesterday kept moaning we were shocking all through 2nd half! Im convinced there is no pleasing some of our fans 

• Agree 1

It was just an observation. To win 2 games at home is a great step forward, Rooney would normally play football going forward. Yesterday he appeared to have the brakes on. An observation not a criticism 

3 hours ago, bigman said:

I actually thought he did ok. A couple of wayward crosses but he was pushing forward and creating overlaps.

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Guy behind me yesterday kept moaning we were shocking all through 2nd half! Im convinced there is no pleasing some of our fans 

The guy behind you was correct,  we weren't very good in the second half. The game was one well won by half time.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Keeper had probably another four very good saves , totally agree Kingsmills that was a very professional performance yesterday.

Great attitude from all the players imo.

• Like 1

A great result and good to hear we approached the game with such professionalism when it could have been so easy to slip up - now all that is needed is the same professional approach to the next round when we cross the bridge to play a wee diddy team from the north...

Edited by CaleyCanary

Easy win really. Thought White had his best game for us. Okay it was against some lowland side but his link up play was good (something I think he's been pretty poor at despite his good return of goals) as he often brought team mates into the game with some nice lay offs. Oakley started brightly but faded as the game went on. Thought Doran had a good game as did Chalmers in the middle.

Whilst we had clearly decided not to try that hard after going 3 - 0 up I was surprised we didn't try for more goals and give the team a real boost going into an important few weeks for the club. Maybe I am being too harsh but I was disappointed that we seemed to shut down for most of the second half letting EK have a lot of the ball and create a couple of decent chances for themselves. They were also quite unlucky not to be awarded a penalty after a reckless challenge by Rooney.

Disappointing cameo from Austin. He was the opposite of White as he struggled to form any kind of link with the rest of the side and chances often broke down when he got the ball. The chance he spurned from a Doran cross was appalling although the incredible miss from Mckay earlier was even worse.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic